Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Zion FA Uniform  (Read 4556 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2007, 10:53:26 am »
I really like the look of Sorrows' white vest/tie combo with black uni and white gloves a lot, but I agree, it's too simple of a change.  I also agree with manic that boots or something would be a lot better than white shoes for the underarmour look, but I kept trying them on and people weren't having it.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2007, 11:18:19 am »
Quote from: "Adad"
I really like the look of Sorrows' white vest/tie combo with black uni and white gloves a lot, but I agree, it's too simple of a change.  I also agree with manic that boots or something would be a lot better than white shoes for the underarmour look, but I kept trying them on and people weren't having it.

The thing is, with a majority of those boots, the pants tuck into the boots and it looks ridiculous. If you can find a pair of boots that let the pants cover the majority of the boots, then hell yes, I want boots. The main reason we've leaned towards the sneakers, thus far, is because the boots don't look right.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2007, 11:32:18 am »
I'd even prefer like the black Swoosh sneakers or lucien dress shoes just for the dark look with dark pants.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2007, 01:34:00 pm »
We still need to stay mostly white, and it needs to be a different style. Changing the color of the pants and coat really doesn't signify switching to a more war-like mode in my opinion.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2007, 03:03:11 pm »
I do have all the underarmor at lvl 50 shielded and armored as well as the lvl 50 shielded and armored all white sneakers.

I've been working on the house today and will proabably not be in game until later tonight but definatley want to try a few ideas.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2007, 05:36:20 pm »
aye, no tie but no singlet! please! underarmour for the win! as to sorrows "number 2" photo, what about that with underarmour?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2007, 05:50:20 pm »
Just to clarify (apparently there has been a lot of confusion), this is not replacing our formal FA whites. Think of it like the military. You have your dress fatigues and your combat fatigues (or something like that). We basically have three different types of events.

1. Formal meeting - FA dress whites - discuss events, give out awards, meet with someone, look important and stand still

2. Mission briefings/execution - FA New Zion battle clothes - plan an attack, scope out a location, investigate an area, rally for a fight

3. Functional fights - your personal battle gear - fighting NPCs or players that require your usual buffs from your pvp gear..your street clothes in the hostile world

There is a thin line between a formal meeting and a "New Zion" war gathering. We'll just have to play that one by ear. In my mind this works and will help add to the atmosphere of a more liberal, war-like Zion. It may flop and people we'll just think we're screwing up FA and copying LE chars. We'll probably get a little of both. Either way, it's something to do and possibly keep things fresh.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2007, 08:48:54 pm »
Quote from: "Voltio"
I really like this one...

And I really like the underarmour uni.. I remember when it first came out I came up with a red and then a purple uni to match the underarmour theme.. I Think the white theme will go well.. we can also add the black jacket for formality..

Anonymous

New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #23 on: July 15, 2007, 09:15:28 pm »
Yeah, I like the White underarmour and black/white pants one too. As Eroz said, the white on the pants reminds me of wings.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #24 on: July 15, 2007, 10:59:47 pm »
Only problem with jackets is that it either covers up the under armour or makes us a majority of a different color (i.e. black).

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
New Zion FA Uniform
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2007, 01:33:54 am »
I like the UnderArmour/Hosh combo.

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2007, 08:37:54 am »
I personally like the white under armor top, but the white shoes gotta go.  lol

The fedora doesn't quite go either, especially with the vest.  It looks like an outfit for some 80s punk rock band.

I think for the purpose of war, the under armor shirt, black pants is good along with the bandana (perhaps allow balck or white).  Isn't there an all white short leather jacket also? The Hosh jacket or something like that? I think we should lose the hat or use a different style hat, black shoes or boots and black gloves if we use gloves at all.  the whole black with the white gloves look seems as if we should be serving drinks to a rich family and polishing their silver.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2007, 11:35:38 am »
The only problem with the Hosh jacket is that it completely covers up the under armour.  I really like the look of it, though.  There is of course the white suit coat, but that might be too "soft" for a combat outfit.

I vote against hats and bandanas for this uniform.

As for shoes, I know the problem with most boots is that the legs of the pants get "tucked in".  But do the Skaver Short Boots produce the same effect?  The short boots only go up to the ankle, rather than up the calve.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2007, 11:48:21 am »
What if we used a white baseball cap? Like Adad's real hat? :) Baseball caps are definitely more sporty, new, and "combat"-worthy than the fedoras.

And remember people, this uniform is not a replacement for our FA whites.  We will still wear the trademark FA fedoras for formal occassions, so why not mix it up with a different hat for the New Zion meetings? :D

** This is where everyone says "Wow Tecknik! What a great idea!" :D **

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 16, 2007, 11:54:14 am »
Wow Phienyx, what a great idea!

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat