Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: State of the Faction  (Read 7963 times)

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2008, 01:55:23 pm »
Stargate Worlds does look nice. The main reason I mentioned The Agency was because our name "Furious Angels" would fit into it. And honestly if we went to SGW or AoC, etc. "Furious Angels" wouldn't sound lore appropriate by any means. Thus, we'd have to revamp the site, etc. and change our name. At least that's what I think.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
State of the Faction
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2008, 01:58:33 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Reunion bash with retired and ex-members Retired members, yes. But the people that were booted were booted for a reason. No sense in bringing them back just for a party.

Yeah it wasn't part of the idea to bring back members who were booted for good reason. I was thinking more along the lines of sending out communication to people we lost as a result of the member losing interest in the game.

Quote from: "Heironymus"
As for multi-gaming, I think limited multi-gaming is a good idea. FPS and other non-mmo games would work well for that purpose because your wouldn't invest ALL your time in those games, you would always come back to the MMO. Its like when we did Poker nights and such. it was great fun and we all enjoyed it. It was nice to play each other outside of MxO and didn't have the same feel as MxO but still the same camaraderie for the faction.

I think our ideas are similar on multigaming. I think fast paced, "arcade style", FPS, card games, or even RTS games are good to get into because they make for quick fun and good times. Again it is the time commitment thing I think.

Then I do think that having the faction centered around one or two MMOs is a good idea. I think that Matrix should obviously be and option and then say if the Agency or Darkfall turn out we could also have these games. I think this way everyone has a little more freedom to play what they would like to play. And when a game arises to jump on we can do so.

The obvious downside that we saw developing last time around (2 years ago) was that more people were playing non-mxo games in the "non-mxo ts channel" and when a matrix player went down to call for some help, they were greeted with silence or simple nos. At the time this was unacceptable, but we will have to understand that if we go multigame not everyone will play every game or come help upon every call.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2008, 02:40:55 pm »
I strongly advise going to a brand new, or at least somewhat new game to the market. Beta access would be best.... SGW or TA = Good stuff.

Do we still have the resources to be as strong initially as we did with MxO? The website is one of the things that will take the biggest overhaul. Knowledge on a game, forum activity. God a whole new community, it feels weird. It's like changing careers.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2008, 02:43:13 pm »
If we are going to get interested in any MMO other than MXO, it should be one that is in Beta; that way, we have the best chance of making a large impact on the game.

I also agree with Heironymus and Lithium. Our MMO's need to be limited to 1-2, and we can spread some FPS in every once in a while to keep things interesting. While we won't be leaving MXO, we certainly won't be focusing on it as much as we do now. There's no need to. There's hardly any content.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
State of the Faction
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2008, 06:37:05 pm »
If we choose an MMO we can go ahead and start branching out now. that way we don't commit to one game that may not work out in pre-beta. If we want we can start posting on forums on the three games suggested.. SGW, TA, and Darkfall... since all three games are still in Alpha.. that way in beta we can decide which one we like the most and put it to a vote. on which one we want to add to our game list...
Just a suggestion.. if we do want to start posting on forums to get our name out there we need to start doing it soon so that it gives us ample time before beta.

As for our name.. Our name really doesn't matter as for the lore of the game... SGW if we are humans than we are an elite group of military fighters.. codename Furious Angels..
Agency.. same thing.. we are a sect of spys codenamed "Furious Angels"..
It still works all around.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2008, 06:41:58 pm »
And Darkfall, well, the medieval times were very religious... haha.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Jeyk

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.followtheangel.org
State of the Faction
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2008, 03:57:31 am »
To be honest, anything that we do works for me as long as we maintain unity.  I've always enjoyed MxO, and I still do, but the true appeal to me in all of this is this faction.  I've never been involved in such a cohesive, supportive group, and I will stand by anything this faction does until the end of our days.

In regard to the current ideas being tossed around, I like the idea of some sort of event thrown by us, or giving a chance for us to do something with this game (hopefully the new construct will provide a surge of enjoyment, even if for a brief period).

Conversely, I like the idea of multigaming.  There's quite a bit out there for us to do as a unit.  As far as other MMO's?  Sure; I don't have any preference for a particular title - again, anything this faction does is anything that I will do, and I firmly believe we must continue placing heavy emphasis on remaining bound together in every aspect, even across various games.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2008, 03:10:14 pm »
I'd follow you  guys anywhere, so long as we stay together (assuming I get internet back in this lifetime that is...)

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2008, 08:43:51 pm »
Lits and Broin
Sittin in a tree...

Then Tbone comes along with a big chainsaw and cuts the limb off sending Broin to the ground in a jumbled mess...

Sorry a bit loopy tonight...

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 05:57:57 am »
Well, I think I'm going to subscribe to SWG, seeing as no one is playing MxO anymore :(

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2008, 10:23:52 am »
Galaxies is cool because of the working player economy... but that's about it. It's rather lame now that you can just start off as a jedi, instead of earning it. I was in SWG before MXO.

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2008, 10:37:27 am »
We're still playing MxO. Part of this is trying to get the rest of you to keep playing as well.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2008, 11:55:29 am »
here here boss;) let's not right off FA in MXO yet!

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2008, 04:28:36 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
Well, I think I'm going to subscribe to SWG, seeing as no one is playing MxO anymore :(

As said before about 12-14 of us are still active, but only a few of us still have active MxO accounts and there's only 2-3 of us logged on a once. At least it's been that way for the last couple of weeks.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2008, 04:58:23 pm »
did i say here here? what a noob!!! hear, hear! and a thousand apologies.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 41