Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: State of the Faction  (Read 7962 times)

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2008, 05:30:10 am »
guys, for recruitment, what about considering making it a little easier to get in to FA but allowing either no or very very limited forum access for 2 months or something? I know of at least one zion keen to get in but I am not convinced he has the wherewithall to do the challenge. Now, I am aware of the challenge and its purpose however we are keen for active members. thoughts?

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #31 on: March 08, 2008, 06:57:13 am »
Subby has bought LOTRO.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #32 on: March 08, 2008, 09:33:15 am »
Quote from: "NoCry"
guys, for recruitment, what about considering making it a little easier to get in to FA but allowing either no or very very limited forum access for 2 months or something? I know of at least one zion keen to get in but I am not convinced he has the wherewithall to do the challenge. Now, I am aware of the challenge and its purpose however we are keen for active members. thoughts?

We already made it easier once about a year and a half ago when we cut the Challenge down to about half the size that it was. It was streamlined, and now it is very easy to do if you have any sort of common sense. Plus, the bloop forums have all sorts of clues and such pertaining to each puzzle.

I believe the challenge is easy enough. I believe that no one is doing the challenge because they never see any FA in the game, and, when they do, it's only one or two people. If I were a noobie just coming into the game today, not knowing any of the history of the game, and I saw one Furious Angel PVPing and seven Morpheus Legacy or Insurgence, I would choose the more active faction. All of this simply has to do with the amount of activity our members show in game and at live events, specifically.

I was at an event on Thursday (much like the one Zion event where Broin got all those cool items for being such a good leader from Ghost), and there were at least 7 Morpheus Legacy and about 12 Insurgence and about 6 Priato De Sion. Then, there were 2 Furious Angels.

I believe that, if we were to take Live Events more seriously (myself included), we might have more fun with the game. I was talking with some other factions, and, on their forums, they post summaries of each Live Event pertaining to their organization and other organizations. Most of our posts now occur in the Off-Topic Section, and we have a post about once a month in the Unfolding Events section when we know ahead of time about an event that is supposed to happen.

If it is alright with the Staff, I will begin posting daily Live Event summaries of what has happened on the three servers, much like the Live Events board, but more condensed and easier to read so that our attention doesn't wane as quickly. The story IS interesting only if we make it. Right now, we're not trying very hard. I promise to start trying harder in that regard.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
State of the Faction
« Reply #33 on: March 08, 2008, 10:23:40 am »
Quote from: "NoCry"

I'd rather have members who know and appreciate what it means to be in FA in the first place.  That we're not just a gaming faction, but that we're working to establish ourselves as a true part of the matrix.  The challenge helps establish that, and I think if we were to make it easier to complete, it would lose value.  

Also, the challenge is partly meant to keep the riff-raff out.  The people that start the challenge and eventually give up probably aren't the kind of people we want in the faction anyway.  Completing the challenge in its current state says a lot about the potential.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2008, 03:23:39 pm »
The challenge in it's current state is fine the way it is. If they can't make it through on "easy mode" as it is, then they don't need to be here. I know that sounded mean but it's 20times easier than it was when most of us took it. If they can't do it now, then bah.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2008, 03:39:50 pm »
good plan ana; I suppose one point of my post is perhaps to point out that we can not become a force to be reckoned with and aspired to without a larger core of active players (much like what ana says). tally ho

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2008, 02:12:09 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"

If it is alright with the Staff, I will begin posting daily Live Event summaries of what has happened on the three servers, much like the Live Events board, but more condensed and easier to read so that our attention doesn't wane as quickly. The story IS interesting only if we make it. Right now, we're not trying very hard. I promise to start trying harder in that regard.

Sounds great. I'd love for you to do that. If there's anything I can do to help with that, let me know.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2008, 12:41:18 pm »
Okay here are my two cents worth on this.  Over the past several months or so we've seen a huge decline in member activity in game.  For numerous reasons... Some of which Yotogi did a good job of pointing out in this thread here.

http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=79440

SOE-MXO has been on a steady decline in membership in game.  Events have become pretty much run of the mill / cookie cutter events.  Which afterawhile they were bound to be.  There is after all only so much you can do with a game based off of the mechanics and gameplay of that particular game.  

I was speaking to some members the other day and though Events have become same ole same ole what we all need to keep in mind though is that it is our participation and interaction in the events that make them what they truly can be.  

I think alot of us, as Yotogi stated feel a sense of belonging here in MXO we want to stay and be part of it, but we see the decline in population and decline in the game.  I think that has turned a few people sour and has kept them from logging in when they otherwise, in the past, would have logged in.  

FA=MXO and should always be an MXO faction.  I think what we may need to do is expand into newer horizons to get everyone back together and back on the same page as working as a faction together.  If we could find another home/game for us then I think that would be good, but I do not think we should abandon MXO.  I know I'll be playing until they shut it down, and I think alot of you want to be diong that as well.  I think if we all were logging on and enjoying each others company in game then that would solve half the problems.  The problem is the game just isn't giving us what we all want, and probably won't.

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2008, 02:01:06 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
FA=MXO and should always be an MXO faction.  I think what we may need to do is expand into newer horizons to get everyone back together and back on the same page as working as a faction together.  If we could find another home/game for us then I think that would be good, but I do not think we should abandon MXO.  I know I'll be playing until they shut it down, and I think alot of you want to be diong that as well.  I think if we all were logging on and enjoying each others company in game then that would solve half the problems.  The problem is the game just isn't giving us what we all want, and probably won't.

Like I've stated before, I'm going to be keeping an eye on "The Agency". A game where I think we can flurish as well. Like Broin, I will be playing until they shut MxO down.

If anyone wants to tag-team getting info on "The Agency" with me feel free! :D

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
State of the Faction
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2008, 02:48:36 pm »
The Agency

Honestly I've been thinking about this. But if it is another SOE game why would any of us want to support it after what SOE has done with MxO and all the crappy people they hire? And then after it's released they can sweep it under the rug as they make a new game? SOE doesn't exactly have a good MMO reputation. No thanks.

Don't believe everything you think.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2008, 02:57:03 pm »
Quote from: "Lithium"
The Agency

Honestly I've been thinking about this. But if it is another SOE game why would any of us want to support it after what SOE has done with MxO and all the crappy people they hire? And then after it's released they can sweep it under the rug as they make a new game? SOE doesn't exactly have a good MMO reputation. No thanks.

Yes SOE does have a habbit of doing such things to great MMO's. But what else is there we could goto where we can get a good head start , plus fit the  persona of FA?

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2008, 03:40:44 pm »
Quote from: "Lithium"
The Agency

I know that I, at least, want to give the game a chance, especially if it's different from the elf-genre.

I also currently have a subscription running with LOTRO, but it's only so fun by yourself. (Landroval, Talauntiar)

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2008, 04:34:02 pm »
LOTRO is good, so far.... even though I'm only level 5 :) how many levels are there?

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2008, 04:49:49 pm »
nice 2 cents old boy; i cant leave this game too.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2008, 06:39:52 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
LOTRO is good, so far.... even though I'm only level 5 :) how many levels are there?

50 lvls. Unless they've upped it. I was in the beta and in a really good guild but like all MMO's, for me, grouping is a huge must and LoTRO isn't a game I want to be soloing in. MxO is they only game I could come to be "alone" in without getting bored. How often do you two play it and what server?

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 [30]

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 54