Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: State of the Faction  (Read 7964 times)

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #60 on: March 12, 2008, 11:05:58 am »
Given the fact the took MxO to get rights to another game, you can't judge what they do TO MxO as a "things to come" for their other games. SWG was a great game untill it was raised to 90 and the 32 classes were put to 9. Granted this was because of the community wanted it that way. or atleast a great deal of votes made it tilt that way. i think.

The Agency is a must for me. Granted I think I will be really obsessed with my "Meant to last for years" GTA :) :) :) I will still get involved in any game we pick.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
State of the Faction
« Reply #61 on: March 12, 2008, 02:05:55 pm »
At the risk of sounding like a huge nerd...

Am I the only one here excited about the LEGO mmo?

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
State of the Faction
« Reply #62 on: March 12, 2008, 02:38:58 pm »
I like Lego -- rather the Lego Technic series. But a lego MMO is probably geared toward 6 year olds so you probably can't even type in chat, it's probably has a list of predefined chat messages you can send! :) Plus having a bunch of 20+ year olds pwning little children seems kinda cruel.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #63 on: March 13, 2008, 01:03:32 pm »
The Agency seems like a good game to get highly invested in. The community hasn't started yet, so we can get in from the beginning and the roleplay could be very similar to the Matrix and befitting for FA, with secrecy, etc.

The big issue is that the game isn't even in Alpha yet. Beta is probably at least a year away. So maybe we find some temporary things to play to get some of our old members around again (as well as play MxO) until we can start involving ourselves with and recruiting from The Agency community.

I think it'd also be a good to try to get more invested in what does happen in MxO. If there could be recaps of story events or something along those lines, at least some of us wouldn't feel lost when we try to get involved in an event after being away for a while.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #64 on: March 13, 2008, 03:06:10 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
The Agency seems like a good game to get highly invested in. The community hasn't started yet, so we can get in from the beginning and the roleplay could be very similar to the Matrix and befitting for FA, with secrecy, etc.

The big issue is that the game isn't even in Alpha yet. Beta is probably at least a year away. So maybe we find some temporary things to play to get some of our old members around again (as well as play MxO) until we can start involving ourselves with and recruiting from The Agency community.

I think it'd also be a good to try to get more invested in what does happen in MxO. If there could be recaps of story events or something along those lines, at least some of us wouldn't feel lost when we try to get involved in an event after being away for a while.

I was going to get on that once Chapter 10 started. Since we're in 9.3.3, we only have about two weeks of new storyline before that happens. That also, most of the time, signals a major change in the story arc, and, instead of me spending time developing backstory, I figure we might as well start fresher than we might if I started making recaps towards the end of a specific arc of the story.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #65 on: March 20, 2008, 12:13:28 am »
Ok I know I dont have much room to talk, since I'm still fairly new ( although i was one of the active members that left ), but...

I feel that open recruitment would be the worst idea for this kind've faction. Personally the whole "Pass the test in order to get in" made me want to push myself to pass all the trials. The Roleplay that this Clan has is far beyond any Roleplay that I have ever seen, and people are still interested. I feel that new blood, with new ideas would be best in order to bring this faction out of the 'oh they dont play much anymore' to 'oh yeah, i saw 5 of them in Moriah five minutes ago, then they just disappeared!'

Although I am new in FA, I have watched you guys over the past few years, since launch. One of the best ideas you guys ever had was the mass meeting in which Tbone told my character (( this was back in the day when i made an alt to meet you guys )) to meet him at a Hardline. I went to the Hardline only to find that there were Mervs everywhere. 'Angels' flew out of the sky and fought the Mervs, and one stepped out to guide me to a safe location. This location was an elevator, where he told me to go to the bottom floor and wait. I waited and after a few minutes one by one FA members dressed fully in uniforms came down. Eventually one came forward and teleported Tbone to greet me. It was one of the coolest introductions to any faction, or clan for that matter, that i had ever been apart of. I would love to see that more.

I know Woodgrain mentioned this early, but I will bring it up again. Another Recruitment video, showcasing the 'Newer' breed of Angels, mabye... mixing it up a bit you know? Cause everyone knows FA as the guys in white, but not many know the people individually... well  besides Tbone and Broin. What about having like mini titles in the Video or nicknames that we call ourselves. IE: Woodgrain says hes the Angel of Redepmption. Possibly different Virtues that the person could've shown during the trial period, could be a link to what their nickname is. For example; lets say Bob showed great courage in his tests, and in his trial he battled as hard as he could, never giving up. His nickname could quite possibly be Bob ' Angel of Courage ' ... just an idea.

I think as a person that has been on the outside long enough, it would be interesting to see a new 'Breed' of angel, persay. I have no idea if anything I have said makes sense, but I hope to explain it more, possibly in Teamspeak.

Thanks,

Kafyn

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2008, 12:27:17 am »
Haha, were you spying in on our meeting before your interview, Kafyn? Broin brought up a new movie idea involving short flashbacks of individual members of the faction, very similar to your idea of showcasing the personalities of individuals.

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #67 on: March 20, 2008, 08:26:14 am »
>.> Mabye.

No, in all seriousness i was banned from the teamspeak until a few days before my interview. Something to do with 'I wasnt welcome yet' or something. Lithium can explain that one =P

But I just thought that as a player and a follower of the angel, many would like to know the angels on a more intimate level, not just the leaders. Like in Angel of Vengeance, I was so eager to know who was hacking the computar at the opening scene lol.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
State of the Faction
« Reply #68 on: March 20, 2008, 08:30:24 am »
Quote from: "Kafyn"
No, in all seriousness I was banned from the teamspeak until a few days before my interview. Something to do with 'I wasnt welcome yet' or something. Lithium can explain that one =P

Yes because we have been having a problem with unfriendlys joining TS. I wasn't aware at the time you requested a reinterview. So since you showed up unannounced at the wrong time you got banned. Moral of the story, don't show up on TS as a guest unannounced.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
State of the Faction
« Reply #69 on: March 20, 2008, 01:43:50 pm »
People want to know about the sexy beast with green hair...

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
State of the Faction
« Reply #70 on: March 20, 2008, 01:49:55 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"
People want to know about the sexy beast with green hair...

And the insane 'Death' Program :D

"People call me insane.... I say I have a unique perspective on life," - Subb ;)

Anonymous

State of the Faction
« Reply #71 on: March 20, 2008, 11:55:58 pm »
I think we need a 'Returning from Retirement' video. I was talking to Lits about it, and we had some awesome ideas.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
[1] 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33