Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Darkfall Online Ideas  (Read 8497 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Darkfall Online Ideas
« on: December 25, 2008, 08:18:01 pm »
So The Agency is probably at least a year away, so in the interest of gaming again together as a group and possibly recruiting more hardcore members into the group, I think we should focus some of our resources on Darkfall Online. It seems to be the one game that a majority of you seem to be interested in.

Now we haven't been able to test the game yet, and we aren't going to go 100% all out - at least not at this stage - but we could have some form of recruitment. We should at least be able to do the interview and at least a page with a form to fill out to apply. Lithium is working on a small Darkfall portal as well.

Do any of you have any ideas on recruitment? A way to get into testing? Backstory that ties into the game? Post em!

Anonymous

Re: Darkfall Online Ideas
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 10:33:40 am »
I'm actually in a Darkfall chapter in Legend-Gaming (I made the splash page -- go me!) You guys are more than welcome to join to pass the time. At least this way we can still game together and you don't have to worry about making a temp "portal" for it.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:35:16 am »
FYI I'll probably be joining in on this as well. =)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 09:26:56 pm »
Quote from: "Woodgrain"
I'm actually in a Darkfall chapter in Legend-Gaming (I made the splash page -- go me!) You guys are more than welcome to join to pass the time. At least this way we can still game together and you don't have to worry about making a temp "portal" for it.

LOL... Wood if you want to play Darkfall with us that's all cool, but seriously don't promote some other guild/group/whatever on our own boards.  I mean I know we are all kind of searching for a new game, but let's keep it in faction and not try to pull people to another outside faction/group/guild whatever.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2008, 10:42:09 pm »

No

We can be friends but...

FA 4 life mofo!!!111

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2008, 12:41:32 am »
I think a majority of our current members are actually very interested in this game and have been for quite some time. Just browsing through the Beta topic indicates over 3/4 of our members have signed up for it by joining the FA group on the forums. It just isn't in our best interests to have our members join Legend Gaming for a game where we could see some serious growth for our faction if we indeed do stick with this game.

For some reason, I just have a really good feeling about this game.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2008, 09:49:22 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"

For some reason, I just have a really good feeling about this game.

Maybe it's indigestion? =P

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2008, 11:05:00 pm »
I wasn't trying to pull "whatever". I didn't think we were going to officially "open" a chapter/section of FA here so I mentioned it, since I didn't think we were opening a chapter or what-not there, that it might be a good "keeping us together" factor or something. I meant nothing negative about it. Which I hope you all know. :)

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2008, 07:39:49 am »
I wasn't trying to pull "whatever". I didn't think we were going to officially "open" a chapter/section of FA here so I mentioned it, since I didn't think we were opening a chapter or what-not there, that it might be a good "keeping us together" factor or something. I meant nothing negative about it. Which I hope you all know. :)

HERTIC!  BURN HIM! ;)   hehe....I kid.

I would also play this game....as long as the monthly cost isn't more than Eve Online. ;)

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2008, 03:06:07 pm »
might be up for this; big might however as I do not like the look of the graphics. am prepared to be convinced however so might give it a whirl. On the recruitment front would be good to have more EU citizens in as the dead times for me in MXO were when you lot were sleeping.

tally ho.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2009, 06:35:47 pm »
Ok, so I came up with a simple idea for recruitment. Simple yet a little flashy at the same time. A little roleplay, a little straight forwardness.

If we want to recruit pre-game, I suggest a limited invite. So I would make a post that read something like this:

Subject: The light to help you on your dark fall...

"Our world is full of chaos. I imagine someone like you feels like they are taking a dark fall into a pit of despair. It's alright...you don't have to be alone. We can be your light. But be warned: this offer ends in exactly one week. The choice is yours."

Clicking "this offer" leads to a simple flash page with an image of a man/creature in shadow maybe in a hut or some other backdrop. This audio then plays:

http://followtheangel.org/tbone/darkfall3.mp3

At the end of the audio, the flash page pops up two choices: "Become my own furious angel" ... "Continue falling alone".

Clicking the first will bring up a scroll-looking page with a form to fill out in typical fashion (alias, email, do you have TS?, best interview time). "Continue falling alone" will bring them to www.darkfallonline.com.

Let me know what ya think! If you guys are up for it, I'd like to have it done by the end of the week! We could have an open recruitment like that maybe for the week leading up to the release. I don't imagine we'll get many takers, but maybe just enough to have a few more people to game with. I think it still maintains our integrity without sacrificing availability since we aren't well-established in this game community.

I need someone who could do the simple flash (I made it simple - pic and audio and form page!). Lith? Yotogi?

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2009, 06:40:14 pm »
Sounds like a plan.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2009, 08:26:49 pm »
Sure. I don't have flash yet. Yotogi will have to handle the flash. I can do the form/parse the form if it is embedding in flash. I can make all sign ups go into the interview database.

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2009, 11:32:09 am »
just quickly guys; looking through the forums the other FA clan is there. How are we going to differentiate in game? "The Furious Angels"?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2009, 11:57:56 am »
No that is us. We are registered as Furious Angels there and I do not see another one. If they are there I guess they will have to change their name cuz we have been there since 05

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 311