[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Poll

What should we do with recruitment after the 21st at midnight?

Extend our current recruitment to the new release date.
3 (20%)
Extend our current recruitment until we develop something to replace it.
3 (20%)
End recruitment at the original deadline and start working on a new recruitment method.
9 (60%)
Simply end recruitment.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: January 21, 2009, 04:11:47 pm

Author Topic: Darkfall Recruitment 2.0  (Read 7243 times)

Anonymous

Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2009, 08:03:53 am »
*new*   Try'd to delete last post

How would you go about making the questions random?  and would it still be based on the same concept as the riddle with the 2 FA talking back and fourth still? or would it be harder to set up a random thing like that to go along with the flash based riddle *I believe it was flash*

Anonymous

Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2009, 10:56:53 am »
Quote from: "Phienyx"
Quote from: "Jeyk"
This may be too late to consider given that we're looking to get this up ASAP.....

I'm not sure what the rush is unless we're expecting this game to crash and burn withing 6 months.  (I'm not saying we take 6 months to build the challenge btw.)  If we do a good job and put up a good challenge, this alone is a great recruiting tool.  It will be passed along by word of mouth.  Our challenge NEEDS to live up to our reputation and mystique and not come off like a quick rush job.

Yeah, I agree completely.  While this is an extremely fertile time for recruiting, a truly unique and stylish recruiting method will win over a steady stream of quality applicants over time.  Best to get it as right as possible from the get-go.

but should we have a few different riddles to pool from so friends can't simply share answers with each other?

I agree with this 110% if it is possible.

It's not even relevant with the ability to search up the answers on the internet.  Unless either we completely reword each riddle (which is very difficult as most riddles require a play on words to work), or create entirely new riddles.  But that would be pretty difficult work with a very limited utility.

Anonymous

Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2009, 11:05:50 am »
Quote from: "Phienyx"
I think what we're looking for is an a situation where the potential has an encounter with members of FA and are led/sent on a path of self discovery and trial where each riddle that is solved leads them along the path to the next stage.  Each riddle/puzzle should be relevent to the situation.  Perhaps even have questions that have two or more answers that lead the potential along a slightly different paths.

There should be a focus and a specific message to the "quest riddles" as opposed to random riddles presented with no apparent point or purpose.

Its late and I don't know if my intent is coming across clearly and maybe when I read this tomorrow I can explain better.

Yeah, this is more along the path of what I'd like to see.  Have any of you ever read those fantasy/sci-fi adventure books?  It would spend a page or two spelling out a scenario in which you find yourself (as the main character), and then a decision would have to be made.  There would usually be between two and five possible actions from which to choose.  You'd pick one and the book would have you turn to a certain page to see what happened, continuing the story or, occasionally, detailing your grisly demise and sending you back to the beginning.

While this type of thing would certainly require a much greater investment in time to set-up, I think it'd yield much better results and set it further apart from any other existing recruitment method.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2009, 11:23:03 am »
The best thing you guys could do is assist with riddles.  Come up with some riddles that pertain to the game.  We will get a final list going and go from there.

It's easy to say, "the questions or riddles need work"

What's more useful is, "They need work, how about something like this _________"
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2009, 11:56:56 am »
Challenge discussion moved here:  http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?topic=5428
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2009, 04:24:43 pm »
i like those adventure books, made me feel smart when i finished a 150 page book in an hour ;)

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #51 on: January 22, 2009, 07:32:39 pm »
ummm....really?

We're Angels, not saints.

Anonymous

Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #52 on: January 22, 2009, 07:49:30 pm »
lol

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #53 on: January 22, 2009, 10:00:10 pm »
There may be another thing I might suggest adding to your list of things that help you feel smart.....

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Darkfall Recruitment 2.0
« Reply #54 on: January 23, 2009, 02:33:13 pm »
You guys are having good ideas for Recruitment 3.0. The purpose of this next step is to add an obstacle or two to the already created flash movie. We could spend another half a year creating a complex system of thousands of riddles to pool from and a tree-like system that branches out into multiple endings, but that's for another day.

We don't want it to be sloppy, but we don't want it to be complex. It's ok if you can clear through it in 10-20 minutes. I know our older members are used to things on very hard mode, but to be honest I've got all my talented coders and thinkers already working on projects as it is, and it's not fair to demand the complexity you guys crave right now.

For now let's keep it simple. We will make sure it is polished and nice, but I'm thinking maybe 5-6 riddles via a simple convo with Tbone. Yes, they should be self-discovery driven. I'm going to try to do voice work for all of it. For now keep those other ideas in your pocket for another day.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 296