Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: I JUST CAN'T DO IT....  (Read 21645 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #105 on: July 09, 2009, 02:25:55 am »
Need voices for first scene. Please sign up here:

http://thefuriousangels.com/index.php?msg=90605

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #106 on: July 09, 2009, 11:47:22 am »
I got a response from Bayamos regarding the FM1500.  I'll give it another shot tonight.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #107 on: July 09, 2009, 01:09:27 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
I got a response from Bayamos regarding the FM1500.  I'll give it another shot tonight.

Does that mean we'll need to re-film those scenes at the Access Node in Bathory?

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #108 on: July 09, 2009, 02:19:12 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

Does that mean we'll need to re-film those scenes at the Access Node in Bathory?

That's up to Broin.

I think it would be more beneficial if we continued to shoot more scenes, and then go back and re-shoot the smaller scenes if necessary.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #109 on: July 09, 2009, 04:44:03 pm »
The server received a slight patch today. According to Bayamos...

Looks like the patch broke the patch. While the disk file size for rezmap.ltb remained 6,725,632 bytes, the file size changed from 6,721,912 bytes to 6,722,136 bytes. As a result, when you try to open the launcher with an incorrectly sized file, the game will close when the typical "Initializing Resources" bit would play.

Patching the rezmap still works if you make swaps in the new file, just the old patch rezmap is no longer compatible (fx and metr files should be working fine). I know I won't be re-making the patch anytime soon, and I doubt Mathalos will be -- but we've provided the rezids in their reversed forms for nearly every change, and that is the difficult part. So yeah. Maybe someone intrepid feels like copy-pasting all those bytes, or writing a program to do it for them /shrug. Or you could go farm FM-1500s.

What does that mean?

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #110 on: July 09, 2009, 05:56:25 pm »
FUCK

Um... I suppose I could change Cpt. Dernick back to Agent Smith.  

Fucking SOE.  Fucking goddamn SOE.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #111 on: July 09, 2009, 09:23:03 pm »
Disaster averted. We've patched the patch. Not everything is working, but the stuff we need for the video is (IE Agent, Morpheus, Niobe)

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #112 on: July 09, 2009, 10:10:27 pm »
Behold the awesome that this film will bring:

And yes, so far I have Agent Smith and Morpheus back to normal.  Niobe is proving more difficult because I can't find her "pre-war" model.  I'll keep looking.

Still to try:
 - FM1500 swap
 - Removing NPC's in clubs.  This one is weird because each club has it's own specific set of NPCs.  I could just null out all their values, but that would take a lot of time.  We should decide which club(s) we'll be using before I go making any changes.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #113 on: July 10, 2009, 12:14:50 am »
Thanks to some help from Ana, I got pre-war Niobe to work. But the patch (dubbed "Patch 2.Awesome") is far from finished.

I won't be able to do much on Friday as I've promised to take the little lady out on a date. I'll be able to dedicate a good chunk of this weekend to filming/modding. If anyone has any requests for unique character models, let me know and I'll see if I can whip it up. I'm confident that I can turn you into a subway car if that's what you want. :)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #114 on: July 10, 2009, 08:27:59 pm »
If you get a chance Manic send me your patch so I can get some solo stuff done that doesn't require everyone.

Without the patch not much I can do... Though I will be checking in tonight every so often to see what's up.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #115 on: July 10, 2009, 09:12:08 pm »
Broin, I can send you the patch with the Agent and stuff working. I don't quiet know if Niobe is in the one that Manic gave me, but Morpheus is.

Check your e-mail.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #116 on: July 10, 2009, 09:35:09 pm »
Niobe should be in there. She is acheived by activating the "Jack the Hack" RSI capture. He is the Uriah gang boss, located at Uriah Wharf.

Captain Dernick translates to Smith. The Teacher translates to Morpheus.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #117 on: July 11, 2009, 12:40:11 pm »
Updated the patch.  Complete with patch notes.  Omg I feel like such a professional programmer!

http://inspireatwill.com/manicv/Patch.zip

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #118 on: July 12, 2009, 01:48:57 am »
OKAY HERE IS A QUICK ROUGH DRAFT OF SCENE TWO.  Basically what you have is multiple shots of an Agent meeting in the goverment building and then also a FA meeting in the white hall ways.

I had a new idea for this where the agent speach would be closley related to Tbones speach.  So basically you would be flipping back and forth between the two conversations and getting the whole details of what had jsut transpired and the imporance of it.  Though I didn't originally thing of that, it might be worth a shot doing.  Might take some rewriting on this.  

The scenes for these sequences are really pretty much done, except we need to do a mass FA gatehring in the white hall ways to finish it off.  I imagine we'll end up doing that when we shot the final scene which of course will require everyone to be there for.

SCENE TWO

Open scene with outside view of government building.  

Camera zooming in towards the outside structure.

Camera reaches outside of the window then window bubbles and warps as the camera “SMOOTHLY”  transitions into the building revealing a conference room full of agents.  Agent Grey at the head of the table.

Agent Grey:  At exactly 18 hundred hours and 35 minutes an incursion into the simulation occurred.  A small group of Zion operatives entered the simulation and were able to procure a specific strand of code.

As you are aware since the resumption of hostilities we have been diligently monitoring Zion’s incursions into the simulation, tracking their movements, assessing their strength, evaluating their weaknesses.  

As you are also aware the ingenuity of the humans has lead to them developing a failsafe device which circumvents an untimely death within the simulation.   They call simply an emergency jack out.

For some time now this system has been deemed to be an unacceptable situation, the humans ability to thwart actions against them by simply hoping hardline or avoid their own demise by use of this system gives many Zion operatives little pause… In short the ability to circumvent the ultimate consequences of transgression against the system is unacceptable.

With this in mind research began on curtailing and ultimately shutting down this emergency jackout system.  The task it seems was not small.  Zion’s system allowed for the human conscious to circumvent the pervious failsafes that were embedded into the original system.  

The answer to this problem then it seemed lay within the base code itself at the very core level.  Upon further study it was determined that through use and manipulation of the original base code a new program could be developed to thwart Zions use of their failsafe system.

This code… The base code… Which has been used since the first iteration of the system is what the Zion operatives were able to procure. Needless to say this code must never be allowed to leave the simulation.

The Zion operatives were stopped before they were able to exit the simulation.  However, they were able to encrypt and upload the code back into the system.  

The program they used appears to have been specifically designed to mask the code inside the main data flow conduits in the various districts. With time we will of course be able to decrypt the program and regain the data.  

Zion high command knows this as well, and without doubt will be sending in operatives to retrieve the code.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #119 on: July 12, 2009, 11:04:48 am »
Didn't the Machines invent the emergency jack-out system as a token of peace between humans and machines?

Even with that in mind, I really like the script!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 322