Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: I JUST CAN'T DO IT....  (Read 21638 times)

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2009, 11:53:01 am »
It could be argued that even if the Machines did invent it, it was revoked.  And thinking that they soley possessed such technology and had full control over that technology were confident that their termination of this agreement and the removal of the EJS would once again put humans at their mercy when inside the matrix.  However their discovery that humans had developed their own EJS technology is not acceptable to the machines.

Without refreshing myself with all the ins and outs of said Treaty and other details of the story, that is an explaination for the above listed situation as best as I can see it.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #121 on: July 12, 2009, 12:35:03 pm »
As you are also aware the ingenuity of the humans has lead to them developing a failsafe device which circumvents an untimely death within the simulation. They call simply an emergency jack out.

That was why I made that post. I just didn't want there to be any continuity issues in our movie. Maybe we can just work the script slightly in that part. That's all I was saying. I like your take on it, though, Phienyx.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #122 on: July 12, 2009, 03:31:31 pm »
That's a good point if it's true (I'm trying to remember). I've sent some revisions for Broin to look over to hopefully clear up some of the storyline and keep the continuity. We'll keep you guys updated if there are any changes.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #123 on: July 12, 2009, 05:56:37 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Didn't the Machines invent the emergency jack-out system as a token of peace between humans and machines?

Even with that in mind, I really like the script!

From Rarebit's notes:

there is a reference to "Danielle Wright" by a bluepill, in connection with a new network interface system a bluepill company is working on. (It is not mentioned in the mission, but this is the "Wright" of the "Wright Research" company in Downtown, a brilliant ex-Zionite scientist who lost faith in Commander Lock's vision, and left to begin a business career in the Matrix, working with Silver, but still generally sympathetic toward Zion operatives. She is the inventor of the EJP. Wright's own dream is humans taking over the Matrix from the Machines.)

So Danielle Wright was an ex-Zion scientist who left Zion out of disagreements with Commander Locke.  She pursued a career in the matrix and developed the EJP with the help of the exile Silver.

I know we're not adhering completely to Rarebit's story, but at this point I think it's safe to say we can pick and choose.  :P

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #124 on: July 12, 2009, 09:18:06 pm »
No, I mean at the start of the game, didn't they discuss how they put the emergency jack-out system into the game, story-wise?

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #125 on: July 13, 2009, 01:14:45 am »
All I remember is that it was designed by Zion, though the "who" and "how" were never explained until Rarebit fleshed it out with Danielle Wright. The Machines allowed it under the terms of the truce as long as Zion only awakened those who wanted to be freed. Meanwhile the Machines restricted city access to Richland, hence the need for access nodes and keys.

Now my whistle is wet. I want to research this more!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #126 on: July 14, 2009, 01:02:58 am »
Small update to the patch. The "Silver Bullet" animation now uses a silenced FM1500, and "The Grousome" RSI Capture (Ravenous dungeon boss) has been swapped with post-war Ghost in his white uniform.

I'll be doing more model swapping over the next few days. I want to get Seraph, Agent Pace, Cryptos and Veil in there.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #127 on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:10 pm »
Manic. Check your g-mail. Hopefully you'll appreciate it...

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #128 on: July 15, 2009, 05:31:16 pm »
Manic. Check your g-mail. Hopefully you'll appreciate it...

Thanks.  :)  This looks promising.  I'll take a crack at it now and see what happens, then I'll get to work on getting other LE character models swapped in.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #129 on: July 15, 2009, 09:21:48 pm »
Update to the patch.  New LE character models available on low-level gang bosses.

"Owl Bangheart" (Blackwoods Gang Boss) swapped with post-war Cryptos
 "Gabriel" (Bullets Gang Boss) swapped with post-war Veil
 "Tisiphone" (Furies Gang Boss) swapped with Agent Pace
 "Capt. Sinclair" (ASP Gang Boss) swapped with Seraph

Ana did a lot of work to identify all the female NPC's in the game in an effort to rid them of the city churches.  (Because apparently in MegaCity, only women attend church).  I was able to eliminate all church NPC's except for a very stubborn three.  I have no idea why three particular female NPC models would be separated from all the others.  So I decided to revert back to a previous patch to restore the ones that I had taken out.  So for now, churches are still in service.  

Download the latest patch

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #130 on: July 16, 2009, 12:17:54 am »
After more hours of combined effort, we have the Church to ourselves. There is not a single NPC in the Church.

Jesus Christ that took long enough. Fuck multiple HEX code references.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #131 on: July 16, 2009, 12:32:39 am »
As Ana said, the church is ours.  I've created two separate patch files for this: One patch with church pedestrians, and one without.

Patch without church pedestriants

Patch with church pedestrians

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #132 on: July 16, 2009, 12:37:14 am »
Please note that Manic's latest patch not only gets rid of all the female NPC's in the Church, but every single female NPC in the game.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #133 on: July 16, 2009, 01:07:18 am »
null

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
I JUST CAN'T DO IT....
« Reply #134 on: July 16, 2009, 01:09:09 am »
Please note that Manic's latest patch not only gets rid of all the female NPC's in the Church, but every single female NPC in the game.

More accurately, every female pedestrian in the game.

The matrix just became a sausage fest.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online