Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: New Faction Sigs! Vote now!  (Read 10091 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
New Faction Sigs! Vote now!
« on: July 28, 2004, 10:59:24 pm »
Ok, here's the deal. Seven has agreed to make as many sigs as needed for this faction. We really like the look of our new sigs that match the theme (we being myself, likwidtek, and seven). They also happen to match the MxO forums quite well. At first we were thinking about making a similar-looking sig for each of the captains, but then we thought of doing a similar-looking sig for each member. Basically, each ship will have a unique shape, etc. to its sig, and as members join a ship, they are made a custom sig with their name on it based on the ship they get in. A lot of you probably don't want to be FORCED into a sig, though, so that's why I'm creating this poll. We want to try to stay uniformed with this, so if we do it, it's all or nothing. Vote now and leave your opinions! If you want to know what they look like, look at my sig or likwidtek's or seven's.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 11:11:33 pm »
I voted for option 1 because I think its a good idea to show off who you represent.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2004, 11:24:07 pm »
Me too, i think the same thing, a plus is they look friggin sweet, an well itll be easier for people to know who we are

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2004, 11:59:56 pm »
I would rather be able to chose to use a signature by seven or use one of my own, but I accidently voted number 1.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2004, 12:04:26 am »
I understand that most people enjoy sigs and frankly, I have seen some AMAZING artwork in many of the sigs I have seen here on these boards. If I was to ever have a sig, I would most certainly want it to come from whoever was making the majority of sigs I see around here.

However, I personally am no fan of the sig box. I find it to be a tad annoying and pointless. I understand the need for unity and if the rule is made that all members need to have their custom made sig displayed, then I will surely do so. But if the choice is left to me, I'd prefer to leave my sig box blank. It's no insult or anything to the group, but more of a continuation of my habits. I never put a sig in any of my accounts on any message boards.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2004, 12:37:01 am »
I prefer to have a unifying sig on the outside, but on the inside, it helps if we're unique, because it's part of one's identity. "Hey! It's Goob!" . o O ( Hey, he's the clean guy. )

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 01:20:46 am »
Inside... Who care's We all know we are FA members.... The ships, we have a thread posted just for that. Inside, I say we use our own. Outside... mainly the MxO boards, we use a unify one.

For two reasons. One, look at the number of posts we all have. Just think of how hammered into people's brains we will be by the time thie game comes. Two, Unity.

As well as my flame toward some sigs. There are really distruptive reading in the threads. I don't mind any of the colors, word use, etc. Some are just to large in height. I run at a 1152 x 864 and some of these sigs are half page sigs. I would perfer it if all sigs were the same size (at least in height).

EDIT: Oh yea... The bluepill should use the Untiy sigs too.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 03:34:39 am »
I Agree mostly  with "Goob" so i'm voting # 2. Just as a side not i've never had any sigs on any of the boards i post on i've been waiting to find a good reason to even bother with it. Also i think we should call it something else like a tatto or a jacket(or something Matrix-ie if that's even a word) to be given when you are officaly inducted in FA just a though...OH yeah to the powers that be i loooove the new site
"now that i've been here this the shiznight" but any way  good job guys

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2004, 05:14:42 am »
Right now we've been calling them "dog tags".

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2004, 05:17:15 am »
I agree fully with Eroz, so I have voted #2, On these forums we all know whos who, but on MxO forums, it would be cool if we all looked the same, but i'd prefer to keep the sig I have now on these forums.

Edit:it is possible to use Flash on the MxO forums, as all they are doing is adding the nessecary code to make the pics come up, so if any one has experience with flash, maybe they could make some, or am i just being to complicated?

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2004, 05:50:54 am »
Here is my opinion, I voted for number 2.  Reason being, if we all had them on the MxO boards it would create a much bigger impact on the outsiders.  We don't really need them in these forums, although saying that it would be nice having the organisation, however we don't need the same impact and I feel that we can keep the "unity" as someone stated.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2004, 07:10:41 am »
heh i voted #2 as well. in the mxo forums it would look good.  in here i think we need  to keep our individuality  :2d

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2004, 07:18:20 am »
It would be good if there were sigs made for each of the ships, and people were given the option of adapting them (writing on their name or whatever). That would then show that we are united as a clan.
Whether people use them here or not is a different matter, but on the boards I think they should be shown.

-Lothori

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2004, 07:19:15 am »
Hmmmn, I always like creating my own sig.

In MxO, my opinion on a topic is not always that of the Furious Angels... ;), but I am about to edit my sig to have a FA link included....

If everyone has the same "theme" of sig, then I think it loses a bit of individuallity... some people are dark, others are enlightened... eh yeah.

I think there should be an option where everyone is allowed to receive one, but they don't have to take it.
Even tho they look really nice (based on T-bones sig)..!

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2004, 07:53:51 am »
I think it would show off a bit of Unity, and could show the comunity just how serious, and tight we are.  However I do feel that having different sigs for different ships can be done successfully only one way

Each member of the HvCFT wears the same sig, (excluding name, rank ect) but EACH HvCFT has very different shape, yet resembling a FA appeal and look..... My proove hard to pull off classy.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 315