Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: RP-PvP Community Drama  (Read 13163 times)

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2011, 01:37:22 am »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
Fuck that guy in his stupid face.

I can't agree with you more.  The more I hear about this RP Council, the external community website, and the role-player coalition, the more unnecessary it seems.

Choose a server and be done with it.  Anything more than that is unnecessary and annoying.

I'm just repeating the majority opinion here, but I would prefer that as soon as the game launches and we are playing on whatever server has been chosen, we simply ignore them and their idiotic drama.

Out of sight, out of mind.  They aren't worth our time.
The beautiful thing about our method of role-playing is that we don't need a gaggle of "friends" or even reciprocal participants.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2011, 01:42:34 am »
The new guys thoughts....

I agree with what everyone is saying in this post so far. FA can set and hold the standards that others will strive to live by. You should not waste to much of your time with those clowns. I support what ever server is chosen by the leadership and even though I hate to get ganked, PVP sounds like a better option if this is the way RP-PVP is going.

Just my 2 cents....  :D

LB

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #17 on: November 29, 2011, 04:08:04 am »
FA has been one of the leading faction voices in past MMOs.
That aside, any voice with numbers behind it, including our voice (that of Tbone's), is valid and should be respected as we would respect other opinions. This guy is having trouble accomplishing that. I wont hold it against him; some people are just wired that way and on a forum it always comes out wrong; I'll be generous and give him the benefit of the doubt.

Sounds like whoever was chairing the meeting couldn't keep it in order.
Server should have been decided with an option to discuss other ventures in a second meeting - keep in scope.
...but that's all aside now.

I agree with likwidtek that the site looks unfinished...
They would have to do some nice work to get that to take off properly...

FA doesn't appear on the guild list as yet.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #18 on: November 29, 2011, 05:00:18 am »
What makes me laugh is they mention drawing up a list of rules but they have no tools to enforce these what stops someone just creating a character and trolling from my point of view they have spent alot of needless time debating on stuff they cant even enforce.  

This whole thing should have been kept in the swtor comunity site in order to make it open to everyone who may be interested by moving it off there they have just alienated a good number of the comunity who may of been interested but didnt want to jump through hoops.  If these guys want to form some kind of Council/Alliance then I say leave them to it, we have our own micro community of over 100 members and we dont do drama so why invite it by even linking ourselves with these people.  

As far as what server to join I say we talk to some of the other large community guilds and come up with some kind of arrangement, there should be no alliance/council baring entry to any one wanting to join and the stratergy for picking a server should be posted on the swtor site so that any other guilds wishing to follow may do so.  If anything more than that is needed then it can be set up at a later date.  Were 2 weeks from launch and we certainly dont need some hyped up power grabbing dictator telling us what to do, where not the empire after all.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #19 on: November 29, 2011, 07:19:43 am »
well this does not look too good, but:

on the other hand, if you want a usefull solution you have to lead the ppl. Too many cooks spoil the broth. so if you bring a lot of guilds together then its only working that each guild has its representive. there will be way too much bullshit when every guild menber of every guild gets involved with the decition making. thats a thing the leaders have to take up on.

if you dont like these leaders, well one thing. but thats not the question. the question is: how are the alternative servers? how is the comunity there? what ppl are there? or are we just better off to go exactly ro that server. let them do their thing, but still have the better part of the swtor community. its not about the leadership its about the thousand players that come with them.

i would perefer a rp server. swtor is story, and rp is played story. i dont want to play on a server where all those "roxxor" or "arraaagron" named characters run around. thats not story. thats stupid bullshit... and mostly the players behind that are even more so. so the question stays the same. where to find the best community. in my opinion it will be at least a RP-PVP server. even better when there are more ppl on it that like the rp part. even if we are not part of their organised group.
so it might be not so bad to be there even if they do their own thing. think about it. dont just back of if they do not accept you and your ideas as leadership.

my 5 cent.
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 07:22:56 am »
Well, if we won't get on with these guys, sod it. Go onto another RP-PvP server?

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 09:02:15 am »
I can't understand why you're even arguing with these clowns.

In my opinion, they signed their own death warrant when they started this nonsense and then proceeded with moving it to their own forum.

These guys are probably nerds living in their parents' basements, getting off on thinking they're in control of something.  

If they want to be the Shepard to the sheep, let them lead whoever is ignorant enough to follow them.  It just seems obvious that whoever wants to follow that path is not who we should be, or should want to be, associating with.

Offline Tinzzak

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 09:09:53 am »
From what i have gathered about the FA before SWTOR, the founders and long term members (From MXO) those individuals who create the backbone of FA, they evolved the FA membership into what it is today with a single guiding principal when it comes to potential members of this guild.  

We all heard that principal in one form or another when we were interviewed...
            The Furious Angels look for Quality not Quantity.

I guess the question for me is, are we going to keep the same principal, Quality not Quantity, when it comes to the community we play in?
Do we view fragworld as a quality community or is it us looking for a large community?  Would gathering a few like minded guilds who also look for quality not quantity be a better play?  Where can we make a larger impact?  Fragworld or doing our own thing and possibly spearheading an RP community?

Whatever the answer to the above questions are I will go where FA goes and we will elevate the standards wherever we are.

I wasn't here until recently and I assume a lot, I know this.  I would liken my presumptions to a house, you may not have been there to build it... but you can tell by walking through it what kind of workmanship and materials went into it.  The FA house was build with good materials and excellent craftsmanship.  If my assumptions and questions offend i do apologize in advance, that is not the intent.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 09:30:00 am »
I'm with Fuse here. This gives me a bad taste in my mouth for what's to come in an rp server.

PvP seems way less irritating.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 09:39:52 am »
No, you hit it on the head, Tin.

We make of the game what we wish. With that said, a good group is important for RP. The question is can we create that, or find it, without this community.
FA is my community, so that's my concern. Lucky for me, that is solved pretty easily by being with you guys and on the same server. We will then either find others who we mesh well with, or become one of the other 100000000 guilds on whatever server we choose.

How important is this consortium to that?

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #25 on: November 29, 2011, 09:50:22 am »
The whole thing is a power-play.  Pure and simple.
The guy/guys want their little bit of authority and internet fame.  Let them have it.  They'll get it in the worst possible way.

It will fall apart and we'll be there to watch it happen, from the sidelines.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #26 on: November 29, 2011, 10:07:52 am »
Quote from: "JazzyC"
The whole thing is a power-play.  Pure and simple.
The guy/guys want their little bit of authority and internet fame.  Let them have it.  They'll get it in the worst possible way.

It will fall apart and we'll be there to watch it happen, from the sidelines.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Offline Revalis

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
  • The Architect
    • View Profile
    • http://revalis.blogspot.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 10:16:35 am »
I think after launch the fragworld site will become redundant. Every MMO I've played has had a Server-specific Forum on the main community site. So once TOR goes live, I imagine we'll see a larger availability of forums; including one specific to the RP-PVP server that is chosen. And this provides a platform for EVERYONE on the server to be able to communicate, rather than having stumbled upon the link to the external site.

Reading through your thread there, it seems that entire purpose of the fragworld forum is to "pick a server". And to me, it seems like a whole lot of wasted energy and resources to setup a forum site to reach 1 little decision. o_O

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #28 on: November 29, 2011, 10:22:54 am »
All this just to decide on a damn server?

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 10:34:43 am »
We have issues like this at work where by a simple solution is needed but instead you generally get 1 person who decides they want to expand their little empire, comes up with some convoluted method and pushes it forward. Most people then just give in as you end up spending more time arguing against minor points rather than actually putting the solution into action.  Let them build their own empire history dictates it will all come crashing down at some point any way.

I'd ignore these guys, let them get on with it once they've finished faffing we have only one choice to make, Do we follow them onto the same server or not, that way we can have the best of both worlds we get on a server with outher RP minded players but we havent signed up to any rules or alliances layed out by this so called council.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 313