Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: RP-PvP Community Drama  (Read 13161 times)

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #30 on: November 29, 2011, 11:31:22 am »
Quote from: "Heironymus"

With 2 weeks left why don't we contact the guilds that backed out and just do this the simple and old fashioned way.. ask them to do our own thing..

I agree.

Also I can see this whole council being dissolved about a month after the game comes out. We should just stay out of the drama and do our own thing in game.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Deathsboon

• Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #31 on: November 29, 2011, 12:33:21 pm »
i agree with Tin quality not quantity

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #32 on: November 29, 2011, 02:12:04 pm »
I remember something similar (albeit on a much smaller scale) occurring within the first week on MxO being released.

Three machinist guilds got together to form The Triumvirate.  No word of a lie, it collapsed within 2 weeks because of the hierarchy, back-stabbing, bitching.  Overall the three "leaders" who created it could never agree on what direction to go, or indeed how to do anything they did agree on.

The things always have potential.  But in the end, the truth is these things are best left alone.  No player, no matter how large his support or ego, can control what goes on in a game server.  They can write all these rules and have this huge backing.  In the end though, all the server needs is one guild to do their own thing (they wouldn't even need to troll or argue against them) and others will soon leave their "Council".

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #33 on: November 29, 2011, 02:42:59 pm »
The only thing that scares me is getting stuck on a server with a huge group of pompous assholes that are going to continue to try to control and dominate. I was under the impression that we originally picked a rp-pvp server to avoid all the annoying douche-ness of the pompous a-holes on a regular pvp sever. Needless to say, reading that conversation and the overall vibe from the way things are being handled, I'm not feeling much inclined to have anything to do with those guys. :p

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2011, 02:57:13 pm »
^^^^
/endThread // Woman have spoken

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2011, 04:38:04 pm »
It looks like to me that if we want to have drama free RP we would have to do one of two things, join a different RP-PVP server than the one they are planning on joining or re ignite the idea of following the old friends of FA from MXO to a PVP server.

Now I wasn't part of MXO for very long. So I don't know what drama could arise that has happened in the past. However I do know what it is like to play on a PVP server in multiple mmos.

In my experience the "1 r 1337z0r" kids on a PVP server are very few and far between. They are easily ignored and give up quickly as a result. I have had RP on a PVP server and it was very rewarding.

It seems to me that in this case at least, the RP-PVP community has attracked people who are power hungry to make themselves special and will likely be role playing important figures that had power as well. These people are people that have issues with inferiority and lack of self-esteem. They meta-game to get their way. I have seen it before many times. It killed the entire Star Wars RP on Second Life called the Galactic Continuum.

Rolling on a PVP server with old friends is a good option. As is rolling on a different RP-PVP server with the guilds who are upset by this too.

Trying to play these guy's game and work it out so that RP can take place will likely never happen and only cause a lot of stress in a game that we all want to have fun in.

I know our leaders will make the right decision. These are just my 2 cents.

Their new register forum rank is "Noob". I think that sums it up.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2011, 05:09:16 pm »
My own feelings:

The reason for the drama is simple: the lack of support for guild launches on RP-PVP servers is forcing players to collaborate, and that ALWAYS means drama.  I don't care what mix of RP, PvP, or raiding a guild subscribes to, the moment two or more guilds put their heads together to achieve some common goal, they start BUTTING heads to establish dominance.  Be it server firsts on previous MMOs, notoriety, or who was the first to create some dumbass council, epeens WILL be whipped out to be measured.

What I love about FA is that it is completely and utterly unreliant on other guilds.  We will always have reds to kill, and blues to bail out of a fire.  We PvP our own way, RP our own way, and no asshole outsider guild is gonna dictate jack shit to us.

Ahem.  Sorry.

In any case, I'd say hook up with the other guilds that ditched this silly shit, and coordinate with them in a non-retarded way.  There will be plenty of RP-PVP servers to pick from.

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2011, 05:11:45 pm »
I know I probably shouldn't have but I did so on my own and I did not mention what guild I was in.

This is what I had to say to them about all of it.

"It is very clear that when the idea of a council and ways to make a small governing group were not met with agreement, those who had this idea quickly planted a flag and decided to use the "well it's been done so it's too late now" excuse to justify the fact that they jumped a the gun on an idea that was just their own.

Trying to bully people around this way with passive aggressive tactics is only serving to break up what could have been a nice group of people who wanted to share their enjoyment of the game and the RP in it. So, someone made this website the official place to vote on a server even though no one voted on using this website. The "it's too late" approach is flawed as it would have been faster for me to vote on the SWTOR forums then jump through the hoops of this websites junky registration process (copy and paste the link to register because we are too lazy to make it an active link?).

I honestly do not believe you have what is best for an RP community in mind. I think you are more worried about your position in it. I however do know that if you continue acting as you have, there wont be an RP community to have a stake in. There are more fair and respectable ways to obtain rank within a given structure. This approach is not it and never works out.

I really do hope you can try and see the bigger picture before it's too late though it may already be too late. Pretending that your actions are OK won't fix it. You clearly have issues with inferiority and self-esteem and are trying passive aggressive manipulation tactics that are far too obvious for them to work.

Don't make your problems other's problems. Do what is right for everyone instead of what you think is right for you. You might actually have fun that way."

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 05:21:03 pm »
I do not want to play on the same server as those guys regardless. They will do everything and anything they can to make sure FA does not succeed and will not allow FA to make a positive impact on the rest of the players.

I think in light of what is going on, a PVP server is perfect for the goals of FA.
A lot of groups that roll on an RP-PVP server already have in mind how they want to do things and are usually not willing to budge. There are some that are genuine but they are usually in the minority.

If FA rolls on a PVP server with it's old friends from MXO FA is in perfect position to have a huge impact in the game. I have seen PVP servers become the main RP server because RP can exist regardless and I think the impact of turning a PVP server into an RP server because the people on it enjoy what we are doing and want to take part would have a much bigger impact on the game than we could ever have rolling on an RP-PVP server.

The allies we would have would allow us to make this possible and being able to say "We made X pvp server the go to place for RP" is a much bigger statement. I have seen much kinder people on a PVP server than these guys.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 06:12:44 pm »
Quote from: "Caydnn"
I do not want to play on the same server as those guys regardless. They will do everything and anything they can to make sure FA does not succeed and will not allow FA to make a positive impact on the rest of the players.

I think in light of what is going on, a PVP server is perfect for the goals of FA.
A lot of groups that roll on an RP-PVP server already have in mind how they want to do things and are usually not willing to budge. There are some that are genuine but they are usually in the minority.

If FA rolls on a PVP server with it's old friends from MXO FA is in perfect position to have a huge impact in the game. I have seen PVP servers become the main RP server because RP can exist regardless and I think the impact of turning a PVP server into an RP server because the people on it enjoy what we are doing and want to take part would have a much bigger impact on the game than we could ever have rolling on an RP-PVP server.

The allies we would have would allow us to make this possible and being able to say "We made X pvp server the go to place for RP" is a much bigger statement. I have seen much kinder people on a PVP server than these guys.

How do you know that they will try and stop us from doing what we want to do and hinder us? I think they will probably leave us alone and let us do our own thing. They may even be able to help us promote events.

You fail to realize how big this game is going to be. This is not MxO no matter how much we wish it was. The MxO guilds will be a minority on the server they decide to roll on.

Most of the time the only way RP opens up on a PvP server is if there are no RP-PvP servers. TOR will have these so it defeats the need for a PvP server to be turned into one. One Faction, even FA,  can't turn and entire server on to rp. A PvP server would be filled with worse people then Lunar Xavier. For all we know he could be the only rotten apple.

Also I would like to know where you got your info about RP-PvP servers since most RP-PvP server I have played on, a lot, have been very accepting and open to many new ideas.

Lastly I think many of you are freaking out for no reason at all. Yes Lunar seems to be bullheaded and aggressive but how do we know the entire community is like that. This council probably wont last that long in game and if it does its benefits may out way its cons. We also wont be the only guild that chooses to not take part in it, especially once the server becomes diluted with PvP Guilds. If we do move to an PvP we will be ostracized for rping and promoting it. In a PvPers eyes RP is for care-bears. Remember we always can roll on a different rp server than the one they decide to roll on.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 06:21:55 pm »
I'm not sure why so many people are wanting to just jump ship (server) after a little boat rocking. This will occur in some format on every server to a certain extent.

It's not going to be possible to reach the holy grail of servers where everyone is 100% peaceful or a pleasant person to play with/against.

These guys may have took what they thought to be the correct action to solve a problem and in a sense they did, for a select few people/guilds. At the end of the day, our play experience is going to come down to what WE did today, what WE accomplished and what WE had so much fun doing together.

I believe the bigger picture here is to side step this potential hurricane of drama and hate. We should just focus on our choice to go where we said we wanted to and make our mark on the server/game. If we have to do it alone, it's never been a circumstance that has hindered us before.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 06:33:52 pm »
Quote from: "Strod"
I'm not sure why so many people are wanting to just jump ship (server) after a little boat rocking. This will occur in some format on every server to a certain extent.

It's not going to be possible to reach the holy grail of servers where everyone is 100% peaceful or a pleasant person to play with/against.

These guys may have took what they thought to be the correct action to solve a problem and in a sense they did, for a select few people/guilds. At the end of the day, our play experience is going to come down to what WE did today, what WE accomplished and what WE had so much fun doing together.

I believe the bigger picture here is to side step this potential hurricane of drama and hate. We should just focus on our choice to go where we said we wanted to and make our mark on the server/game. If we have to do it alone, it's never been a circumstance that has hindered us before.

Well said Strod.

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 06:50:10 pm »
Guys like Lunar tend to have a good number of sheeple who will cause a lot of problems. I got my information from years of MMO experience and these guys will try and cause us grief, they already are. I don't see reason to talk like that to me. I am only speaking my opinion on a subject that effects everyone. They have shown what kind of people they are and pretending they wont be any trouble will just allow them to continue causing trouble as they have already.

An RP-PVP titled server does not guarantee RP that is pleasent. I personally do not want to play on the same server as these guys because of what I believe will happen.

You do not have to agree with me, but everyone's feelings should be taken into account. Yours and mine alike.

Also, if what we do is the only thing that matters and no one else can stop it, then why do we have to roll on a RP-PVP server over a PVP one. The argument seems to claim that the server type does not matter.

Personally I don't think the server type does matter at all. I just don't want to play on the same server as Lunar and his friends, regardless of the server type as long as it is RP-PVP or PVP.

I have had mass scale success on promoting and organizing RP on a PVP only server.I did so on a PVP only game. Planetside was an MMOFPS and we still had very large RP to the effect of 2 of the 3 factions working together to fight the 3rd. I personally know RP can be done to great effect on a PVP server. There are trolls everywhere, they will troll us on an RP-PVP server for being on the server and they will troll us for RPing on a PVP server.

These people are also a minority and will give it up rather quickly. There are a lot of people that see the RP going on and get curious about it and get involved in it. I have also personally experienced this and I am not making statements about things that could happen but things that I have personally had happen.

I have been playing MMOs since Ultima Online which has been around since the 90s. I have seen a lot of different players on different servers on different games.

FA can create a large RP group on a PVP server. I have faith in this guilds ability to inspire others to take part in RP. Saying that it is impossible is saying that FA can't make as big an impact as it desires to.

I think we should play on a server with the people whoever they may be, that have a good attitude and will be friendly and respectful to our guild and it's members. Regardless of what server that is and who those people are.

I think we can all agree that is what is desired most. I am not saying where we should or shouldn't go but that there is a strong possibility that playing with Lunar and his friends and their members "could" lead to a lot of drama that everyone in FA would rather avoid.

They don't look like the kind of guys who would support and promote things we wish to do considering they wont even support or work with our leader on where to vote for the server. That is a pretty good sign right there of how things will work.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 07:05:34 pm »
Guys like Lunar tend to have a good number of sheeple who will cause a lot of problems. I got my information from years of MMO experience and these guys will try and cause us grief, they already are. I don't see reason to talk like that to me. I am only speaking my opinion on a subject that effects everyone. They have shown what kind of people they are and pretending they won't be any trouble will just allow them to continue causing trouble as they have already.

An RP-PVP titled server does not guarantee RP that is pleasent. I personally do not want to play on the same server as these guys because of what I believe will happen.

You do not have to agree with me, but everyone's feelings should be taken into account. Yours and mine alike.

Also, if what we do is the only thing that matters and no one else can stop it, then why do we have to roll on a RP-PVP server over a PVP one. The argument seems to claim that the server type does not matter.

Personally I don't think the server type does matter at all. I just don't want to play on the same server as Lunar and his friends, regardless of the server type as long as it is RP-PVP or PVP.

First off FA member's are Sheepdogs which means we dont give a shit if we piss off the sheeple and we do what we want to do.  Secondly just about everyone besides Lunar who posted seemed OK. Third I'm sorry that I may have offended you but I wanted to know your experience and I have a Type A Personality. Lastly some of us want to be able to rp outside of the guild if we roll on a PvP server it just won't happen.

I would like to know where you see that they are going to try and prevent us from doing what we want to do.

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
RP-PvP Community Drama
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 07:12:16 pm »
Quote from: "Ragnarok"
Guys like Lunar tend to have a good number of sheeple who will cause a lot of problems. I got my information from years of MMO experience and these guys will try and cause us grief, they already are. I don't see reason to talk like that to me. I am only speaking my opinion on a subject that effects everyone. They have shown what kind of people they are and pretending they won't be any trouble will just allow them to continue causing trouble as they have already.

First off FA are Sheepdogs which means we don't give a shit if we piss off the sheeple.  Secondly just about everyone besides Lunar who posted seemed OK. Third I'm sorry that I may have offended you but I wanted to know your experience. Lastly some of us want to be able to rp outside of the guild if we roll on a PvP server it just won't happen.

I added some more that might clarify what I meant. Regardless, I agree with you on all of that except for the last bit. I don't think it will be easy but I think it can be done.

I just want whats best for all of us, I don't want drama, and I want to be on a server with pvp be it RP or otherwise. That is all I care about. I think FA will succeed no matter where it goes. I just don't want to deal with guys like Lunar when I am trying to enjoy my time in the game. If he and his friends wont be a problem then by all means go for it. I just don't see how they wont be a problem, but that's just my opinion.

I think FA is one of the most amazing guilds I have ever been part of and I will follow it wherever it goes. I just want what everyone else does, drama free RP with pvp. However we do that is fine by me.

As to how they would cause trouble. I honestly don't know because his mindset is that of a passive agressive with a possible inferiority complex.

I am not, but I do know that people with that kind of mind can and will find a way to annoy you. I had one as a roommate and believe me, they are the worst kind of roommate you could ever have.

I just want to launch into a server with fun like minded people which I do have in FA and I would like it to be with some of the like minded guilds but if it's not that's ok too. I just want to have fun role playing in a universe I have been in love with since 5 years old.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 308