Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Events You May Want to Know About  (Read 4844 times)

Anonymous

Events You May Want to Know About
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2004, 03:32:16 am »
a few things to touch one. our crew list, made it to one person. tbone.  second yes its scary but plans have been in motion for such complicated times. it has been going for some time now. and third, yes defently. once the game comes out it will defently be easy to tell whos loyal and who shall join the KOS list :)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2004, 03:42:22 pm »
The website was not made public. The only people who saw it were a few people I showed it to, and whomever the "hacker" showed it to. It was not released to the public. It is Friday and our website has not been deleted yet, so I'm guessing that was a bluff. Almost every captain has changed their password, so maybe we're in the clear. Right now I'm still treating it as if we are not, though. Whoever it was did get scared, though. I contacted them via the email they provided and have yet to receive a response.

Anonymous

« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2004, 03:44:55 pm »
Good stuff.

Let's hope we can stay one step ahead of these troublemakers.

Good job Tbone.

Anonymous

« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2004, 04:13:41 pm »
All I can do is sit here and shake my head. Do people really take things like this to heart? Are thier egos so easily bruised by our faction? I just don't get how some people think.

Anonymous

« Reply #34 on: September 03, 2004, 05:41:37 pm »
Hmm...I don't think we should assume things are safe.  Things could be happening that we don't know about.  I don't know a thing about hacking but would changing the password protect against that?  Did they just guess it before?  Did they use some sort of program?  If people can always gain access to our secret information it won't be good for business.

Anonymous

« Reply #35 on: September 03, 2004, 09:41:01 pm »
Same thing I was thinking Nights, but I didn't want to sound negative. I mean if they "hacked" a captain's password once, I'm not too sure how effective just changing it will be.

Anonymous

« Reply #36 on: September 03, 2004, 09:46:07 pm »
Remember, there are programs that will just go through every single number/letter/character combination in the 3rd dimension, so passwords will be cracked no matter what we do if these guys are serious. Of cours,e they'd only have something that powerful if they were serious hackers. In that case, they could just shut us down if they wanted. Or they could know some-

Let me not ramble. Just know: If, and this is a big If to me, it was someone who hacked a captains account, and not a captain themselves, then theres nothing we can do other than hope we can trace an IP, although theyd be smart to at least use a new IP....

Anonymous

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2004, 05:26:41 am »
*OT*
Hey...I just noticed something.

Your avatar is Vash isn't it?

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2004, 03:54:27 pm »
Just listened to the message....   What a bunch of bozo's.   Personally that isn't something I'd waste my time with.  Maybe give them a call and say hey cut the crap out, this can be construed as a threat and since you’re using the internet for it then it falls under the feds jurisdiction...  Don't make me come back here again...   I won't be pleasant next time... blah blah blah.

As for the hacker or turncoat we just need to keep our eyes and ears open and be ready.

Broin

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2004, 08:17:15 am »
I just have to say this: what doesn't kill us makes us a hell of a lot stronger. We will only gain more respect from these threats, as it seems that whoever it was who did this thought we warranted it.

Anonymous

« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2004, 10:05:41 am »
This is probably not the last threat or hacking attempt we get.

The game hasn't started yet.  We'll make some more ennemies as we start handing other people their own asses.

We just need to sleep with one eye open :-)

Anonymous

« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2004, 10:18:12 am »
Maybe once we do get in game they'll try and pay us back IN GAME.

Anonymous

« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2004, 01:17:08 pm »
That wouldn't work, we'd just kick their ass and they would go and cry themselves to sleep

Anonymous

« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2004, 02:42:33 pm »
I listened to the .wav the other day.

Quite..........................................................childish, really.

Yes, IC there will be some spies.  Naturally.  Part of the game, adds tension...yadda yadda.

The whole "...I can find out where you live...well, maybe not...yadda yadda..."  was just dumb.

But, with  the actions taken, sounds like the real-life lesson will be learned.  

If this sort of thing is kept on a IC kinda level....even if it's sour grapes...it's harmless.  I just hope whoever it was learns where that boundy lies, and why.  I also hope that in the future, any covert ops by or against us will continue to respect that  boundary.  

Seriously, it IS just a game. Not worth actual trouble.

Other than that.....

Eternal vigilance IS the price of freedom.   :)

Anonymous

« Reply #44 on: September 05, 2004, 06:40:10 pm »
The WAV made me laugh, that's crazy though, chances are they're just bluffing but better safe then sorry. They probably disappeared now that it's under investigation, i'm amazed with the MxO staff helping so much, would never see that coming, awesome work though tbone, hope everything gets resolved soon :D

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 298