Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Wow.... check this out... its worth it...  (Read 2518 times)

Anonymous

Wow.... check this out... its worth it...
« on: February 23, 2005, 08:40:48 pm »
I found this on the MXO boards... these two essays are the best explinations for the matrix 2 and 3 i've ever heard...
http://wylfing.net/essays/index.html
Definatly check it out...

And on another note... later on I'm going to post something about the complete destruction of the matrix... it should make for a good debate...

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 09:30:22 am »
That is bloody deep. I now see that the second two films were far more sophisticated than the first, and they were only slated as being bad films because the meanings went straight over our heads. Now that I have read that it seems bloody obvious, but I doubt if I would ever have considered the possibilities and ambiguities of the phrases, names and events that transpire in the trilogy.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 02:52:07 pm »
Wow... simply wow.

Those are some of the best theories and explainations about the Matrix and the movies I have heard so far.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 03:54:02 pm »
Damn Venlar, nice find. I was one of those "dual-matrix" people and was a bit disapointed in the second two movies. But now I think I can watch them in a new light...

*runs off to pick up Reloaded and Revolutions"

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 09:11:01 pm »
he's a wacko...tell him to save it for sunday school....

you know, there are people that actually belong to the Church of Jedi Knight....doesn't mean I thin they are any more right...

total wacko..
He does have a few correct points philosophically about the movie, but he goes overboard.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2005, 10:43:10 am »
Long read but he has an interesting perspective on a some topics.

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2005, 12:01:59 pm »
yoda... i don't think he ment it to sound ultra christian or anything.. if u read the whole thing you'll notice he makes refrences to pretty much ALL of the religions out there... and most of it is a comparison to certain aspects of those religions in which there are some very close similarities

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2005, 12:44:44 pm »
I'm gonna check these out at work, thanks for the find!

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2005, 05:12:21 pm »
Makes perfect sense to me... a lot of it isn't even reaching. I think most people were aware of various holy stories in-between the lines.

Good read, that will be passed to all who watched the films.

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2005, 10:44:06 am »
well, he made a few too many comparisions....
and even though he had a few good ideas, he swamps them with his personal belief structure.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2005, 10:33:13 pm »
I think there's one thing people have to understand about religion. It is defined as "An organized system of beliefs, rites, and celebrations centered on a supernatural being power; belief pursued with devotion."

With that in mind, anything and everything can be a religion. Zion was their own religion.

No matter where you go, no matter what story is written, what "new" idea is thrown out there, the connection between it and the Bible is inevitable. Why? Because within the Bible is pretty much every possible story imaginable. The writers of the Bible were well beyond their time. Whether you chose to accept their stories or not, the Bible is a great piece of literary work. Even if every single story was made up, hell, I see that as more of a stretch than if they were true. To devise a story that detailed, over so many years, that has so few holes and loops, that so many can put their belief in, if it all was just "made up," then those writers of the Bible were beyond genius.

My point? Don't diss on a comparison just because it mentions Christianity (or any other religion for that matter). If you do not believe in God, then look at the essays from a literary view. The conclusions he draws and the comparisons he makes are made from a literary perspective, meaning that he takes out the premises from each and sets them side by side. They are just words, being put together in a logical form for those of us who would not draw those conclusions on our own. He was comparing literature with literature. Belief against belief. How is that going overboard?

People dress up like characters from movies. They create games for them. They name themselves after them. Is that any less "going overboard?"

Now, I don't understand how you can say his personal beliefs got in the way of his ideas. Aren't they one and the same? Isn't everything that you think a part of your belief structure?

I'll let you sit on that for a while.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2005, 10:42:35 pm »
couldn't of said it any better myself grim...

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2005, 10:57:13 pm »
just to add on a little bit of comedy, a friend once told me:

"God made me an atheist! Who are you to question his wisdom?"

EDIT: I like his random side-note to vegitarians and vegans. In the words of a friend of mine who went to college with me (while looking at a salad):

"This is not food!! This is what food eats!!"

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2005, 12:09:00 am »
I am still reading it, but it'll take me a day or two to read it all. But from what I have read so far, it goes straight to the point in most areas. Thanks for finding this.  :D

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2005, 08:48:15 am »
I am not "dissing" on the essay because it points our religion.  Of course the matrix movies had a lot of religion undertones.  

My problem is when he goes on that EVERY single part of the movie had some religious counterpart.  Neo Just Ate a Cookie.....THAT"S IT! He wasn't defining his relationship with the mother of creation (I.E. Mother mary) and he wasn't proving his mortal side.  

Finally, a person may have his ideas of what a movie(s) is about, but he relied too much on RELIGION for the movie(s) rationale!  He tried to put a religious undertone to people dancing to music!  I'm not saying believing in christianity is stupid, and I am not saying there aren't religious  overtones in the movies:  what I said was he swamped his main theories with his personal belief structure.  
I could go on about why I didn't like his essay, but I have a sore throat.  
If you want to discuss this more in time, look me up in game.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

Social