Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Wow, That Hurt: Newest Patch  (Read 3893 times)

Anonymous

Wow, That Hurt: Newest Patch
« on: February 24, 2005, 08:03:02 am »
Ok, there may have been some improvements in this patch somewhere, but overall, I think it brought the game back a step or two.

As a lvl 23 OPerative, I should not spend my entire time in the Matrix getting my ass handed to me by everything except greys.  Forget fighting groups of anything except greys and expecting to last the entire battle.  ...and since everything spawns in groups that makes the gaming experience 90% aggrivating.  I spend most of my time now, either with a skull and crossbones above my head or running at the slightest glimpse of more than one of even blue con'd mobs.  Come on.  A bad ass Zion Operative shouldn't have to run from anything or groups of anything several levels below them unless severly outnumbered.  We should also be able to take one at least one, if not two mobs a level or two above us if we fight smart and have the proper equiptment.  Right now, this is out of the question.  Right now, a group of little Orphan Annies would kick my ass or send me screaming back to a hardline like a little girl.

I wasn't one to rely on CT buff as most of my clothing doesn't have them and the ones that did, were only lightly buffed.

Am I alone on this?  Am I playing wrong?

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2005, 08:24:32 am »
Well, I've been trying to run missions on hard the other night, since I downloaded that patch.  I find that I cannot do hard missions on my own but I can take care of medium level ones quite nicley

I am wearing the former combat tactics suit and since they got rid of combat tatics I refer to it as the melee suit.  I am wearing that and can outroll most mobs but yes any mob that seems to be a level above take quite a bit to defeat.

Your best buffing yourself up with tatics boosters and carry some health pills.  Try to lure one of the mob out on their own and then kill thtem.  

Yeah mobs have become alot harder to take on.  I think they need to revise their XP in my opinion.

Ok this is more or less to do with spies.  I want to follow hardcore spy when the game comes out but obviously spys attack alot less than your hacker and martial artist.  I thin k there should be some way to supplement this.

I mean a martial artist or hacker can go out and take out alot of enimies with ease but with spy xp gain is slower becuase you have to take into the account of sneaking and then sneak attacks.  Should there not be xp for successfully sneaking past an opponent? and or more xp for pulling of a sneak attack move?  

I mean when doing a mission with assasin loaded or infiltrator I hardly get any xp becuase I just can use invisbillity or whatever and run past and co mplete the mission goals.  Even if I attacked everyone on the mission with a sneak attack.. trust me it's quitea long process :S

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2005, 09:00:13 am »
So far I've had no prob with hard missions... I'm a lvl 23 MA working towards kung fu master... Yes it's a bit hard... but with the right special moves and by being extra careful you shouldnt have much of a problem.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2005, 10:59:39 am »
I am a level 23 coder and I can do hard missions too.

I get my ass handed to me pretty often but I don't mind.

It forces me to play smarter.

I like that the Matrix is now a dangerous place.  That's how it should be.

It's nice to have to expect swift death behind every corner.  It just makes winning more enjoyable I think.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2005, 11:25:21 am »
Coredump just summarised what I was thinking, the patch is probably for the better in a sense of reality.

None of us are the One, and so none of us should be able to take on 3/4 people at a time unless we are very good at what we do.  When you see Ghost and Naobi or Trinity kicking 5 or more peoples asses, it's because they are among the elite of zions army and futhermore why there are few of them on the missions.  This is why hard missions should be done in groups, medium and easy: solo.

The game is now going to involve some thought when fighting, and some tactics (boosters :P).

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2005, 12:08:28 pm »
yeah I agree with all that but what I am trying to say is, when your martial arts, guns or hacker, you are constantly battlign and gaining xp.   If you were going up the infultrator tree should you not get xp for sneaking around enemies?  I mean there is no real lay back on that tree for combat

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 12:50:33 pm »
first they nerfed hackers, now coders got the shaft. BIG TIME. take away everything out of our analyzer (making the analyzer completely useless save for coding abilities), jacked up the priced of compiling (damn, trying to balance the economy the crap way). i mean, at least put the unbuffed items back into the analyzer. this makes me not want to be a coder any more *cries*

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 02:54:44 pm »
I do like the new more dangerous matrix, but I think Coredump and Oronos pretty much covered anything I would have to add about that. As a lvl 26 gunmen I find I can run missions on hard solo, and though they are hard, I can accomplish them if I am careful.

Grim hit on my biggest problem with the new patch, which is the massive smack with the nerfbat on coding. In a way, I kind of like that all the buffed clothing was removed. It adds a new level to the game in forms of finding and protecting valuable codes from enemy organizations. But what could possibly be the point of removing the non-buffed clothing? Would also be nice if we had an alternate way of getting ability interfaces and objects other than farming NPCs. Not to mention the new compiling prices are ridiculous. I will not stop coding, the added difficulty makes it that much more important for when the game goes live, but I pray the devs make some serious tweaks to coding.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 03:02:59 pm »
Well, I restarted my character so I would have my name "Tbone". With Gillette I was able to do missions up to level 5, though we died quite a few times. Once I got to 5, I got tired of my missions auto-dropping and getting disconnected, so I took off to access node hunt. I got to lvl 15 doing that (despite International District being bugged to where I couldn't tag any nodes). This go around I'm going the Spy - Knife Thrower route. I have to do missions on medium difficulty, and I find it pretty hard...plus they take a LONG time and only give around 700xp total. The grind from 15 to 16 is going incredibly slow, especially since I'm soloing. It's a lot harder, but I guess that's good since you don't want lvl 50s running around the first week of the game. I'm wondering how many are going to lose interest when they can't power grind as easily, though. I've already noticed our Teamspeak server practically being deserted compared to the last patch.

They'll probably lose some customers who have been playing Beta a while who have already seen everything and are used to being uber-gods, but the new people who start accounts will play for much longer as long as they feel they are progressing and will probably appreciate the areas that they can get to a lot more than us Beta power-levelers. Let's face it - we've been spoiled. Our hope is that the storyline is enough to keep us interested since we've seen all the areas and abilities. At this point it's hard to say how a new gamer would take the difficulty of this patch - we're all tainted so our opinions, in the long run, no longer matter. It's all about the people who start playing at live.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2005, 09:18:26 pm »
My biggest beef is the mobs.  I too decided to leave MA, but because one person can' t handle two or three blue or even greens anymore.  I agree, that in most games, you shouldn't be able to take on two or three at a time...but you should be able to "pull" only one (like you can in most MMORPG's).  In this game, you can't, you die if you try to.  You either get all three mobs running towards ya and die fighting, or they chase you down when you run and kill you with your back towards them....

In other words...lower the mob team aggro, and it should work out fine.
(and lower their respawn timer so that you may heal/get out of the area before more show up)

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 09:25:34 pm »
well, im a spy, so I just spend my time doing infiltration mission

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2005, 06:56:43 am »
yo T i think they nerfed spy as well...

everyone else, show support here if you are a coder
http://thematrixonlineboards.warnerbros.com/newboards/thread.jspa?threadID=2000045760&tstart=0

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2005, 07:10:58 am »
The trick for being able to take on mobs 1 on 1 for operatives / soldiers is to us the taunt ability...it's rather simple, find a partiuclar spot where you know for certain that the only way other mobs will run to that spot you have selected is if someone trains them there.  Once you have you 'camp', just run to the outskirts of the group, close enough away to use taunt, but far enough away so that you can run back to your camp.  Once you beat him/her, just run back to the group and repeat.  Does this sound like an EQ tactic?  Damn right it does, and I know alot of you are probably thinking "this isn't EQ, I shouldn't have to do that", and while I agree with you to a certain extent, you have to realize that now that our characters aren't all partial Neos now, we have to play smart...and sometimes playing smart involves using tried and true tactics...like camping and pulling.  This technique is also handy when farming exiles for whatever collector items you need as well.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2005, 11:41:10 am »
Well being that my gametime has been killed lately, I hope to jump into the game starting monday and check out the new patch. Being that I have never really been that high of a lvl and have had limited play time throughout beta, maybe I can get in it and give you all an opinion from a general "newb". So, we'll see monday :)

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 08:04:13 pm »
i agree with sabre, and to be honest, i wouldn't expect this MMORPG to be much different from other ones....the problem i noticed is that pulling in other games you usually can do with more ease...in this game, i find I get all three mobs more than just the one...using taunt or not...they all have "Borg"-like mentality....i hate it.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 247