Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Wow this pretty much defines me......  (Read 756 times)

Anonymous

Wow this pretty much defines me......
« on: March 10, 2005, 02:27:59 pm »
Gamestop has released descriptions of those main characters who are in MxO.....and when I read the Kid's, I thought of how it reminded me of myself...take a look.

The Kid: The Kid has the distinction of being the only person ever to self-transmigrate from the Matrix, bolstered by his fervent faith in Neo, with whom he communicated via his computer in The Animatrix. Later, he served with distinction in the Battle of the Dock, taking over the fallen Mifune's APU. He's one who can't believe Neo is really gone. His conviction that Neo is still among the humans, somehow, in the Matrix, is one of religious intensity. It makes him disdainful of those who advocate taking the blue pill, returning disencumbered by memories of the war to the long Matrix dream. Who do they think they are, throwing away Neo's gift?

and for the hell of it here is Neo's cuz I cant just not include him...

Neo: Neo saved everything. He saved the Matrix from the omnivorous virus that was Agent Smith. He saved Zion from the army of Sentinels. And the price Neo paid seems to be his life: his body, carried away on a floating barge like the corpse of a Viking warrior king, has never been delivered to human hands. Some think he still lives. Others think that his mind somehow endures in canyons of silicon and rivers of nanocircuits. And others believe that reincarnation in a new form has occurred. For many, the spirit of Neo can never die.

Here is the link for all those who want to see the rest...http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/matrixonline/preview_6119927.html

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 12:58:02 am »
We were just talking about this yesterday! I just looked at it now too!

Especially this part, and how Neo might be watching over the people of the Matrix::  "His conviction that Neo is still among the humans, somehow, in the Matrix, is one of religious intensity. It makes him disdainful of those who advocate taking the blue pill, returning disencumbered by memories of the war to the long Matrix dream. Who do they think they are, throwing away Neo's gift?"

This is another good point; "Others think that his mind somehow endures in canyons of silicon and rivers of nanocircuits. And others believe that reincarnation in a new form has occurred. For many, the spirit of Neo can never die."

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 02:02:14 am »
well i think that basically their just generalizing the story (like many religious figures) saying that the spirit of Neo lives in us all and all that mumbo jumbo. that would be interesting if the "reincarnated" part was true, althought that would make the balance for a Zion a little too great.

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2005, 08:08:42 am »
AH yes well I for one hope to see Neo again. I am 100% in agreement with the Kid. Shows you how much what he believes ties in with mine. Thats funny boombye how we are talking about it and then it gets brought up in the new gamespot article. " Some think he still lives".......thats me right there. Not coming back in a new form....he will be back as we remember him....just in time and who knows when.

Xtreem.....I see your point in how having Neo on our side would make the balance for Zion great, but.....Zion is the good guys....we deserve it. However I woudnt worry about it becasue while we may have a lead on the machines and the exiles with Neo, im SURE some great force (like smith, only not smith) will come into play if Neo comes back. With a good force that powerful, there shall be an evil there to oppose it.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2005, 09:45:19 am »
I do not think this conflict is simple as black and white or good vs evil to be honest. I believe in Zion and Humanity and will fight to any end to safeguard these beliefs, but that hardly makes me good.

As for Neo living on, anyone else here a fan of the Ghost in the Shell movies? My theory runs along the same lines as those movies, that Neo merged with the Matrix somehow. Something along the lines "that his mind somehow endures in canyons of silicon and rivers of nanocircuits." What better way to watch over all of humanity and zion than by becoming a part of the matrix. This would make it possible for him to manifest himself, if ever he was that desperately needed, but only within the Matrix. It actually ends up making Neo almost godlike, "His conviction that Neo is still among the humans, somehow, in the Matrix, is one of religious intensity." The balancing force within the system watching over his children. I do not expect to see Neo himself beating up agents any time soon. However I do believe that when we happen to run across an interesting message on the wall that was not there yesterday, get lucky in outrunning an agent, or just happen to find a particularly powerful code, that may be his subtle influence still watching out for us.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 256