Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: EVERYONE READ (Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit)  (Read 6490 times)

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
EVERYONE READ (Quitters Never Win, Winners Never Quit)
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2011, 11:31:08 am »
Quote from: "Heironymus"
hey.. old guys.. remember in Shirikumo when we got challenged to hold the Dojo against what must have been at least 30 reds if not more.. I think we only had like 12-15 guys.. we held that damn dojo for an hour.. ALL the reds gave up.. they said.. ok.. let us hold it and you try to take it over.. and we did.. didn't even take more than 10 minutes to take that damn dojo from them.. I wish someone had the screenshots still..

I remember that. We took the dojo, gave it back, and took it again. All while outnumbered.

Fuckin' great times.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2012, 09:04:07 am »
/bump

Not because I've noticed this happening too much, but it's a good read for our newer members and a good reminder for our older members, especially in Warzones. Even if you're past the point of no return, you give them hell before they win and make them work like crazy for that win and show that it was FA that tried their hardest. And, you do all of this with dignity.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2012, 10:58:47 am »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
Even if you're past the point of no return, you give them hell before they win...

"If we have to give these bastards our lives, WE GIVE THEM HELL BEFORE WE DO!"

http://matrix.wikia.com/wiki/Mifune

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2012, 12:29:40 pm »
I think I heard one instance last night of people not wanting to go to a planet to help combat IMPs because they were lower level and not level 50.  (Specifically level 40 something).  I've heard some chatter on TS "Yeah I'm too low level, I'll die".  

It's not about only participating if you know you can win.  It's about us all showing up regardless.  I think Tbone's perspective was "If they're busy killing you, they're distracted and not attacking me so I can kill them".

It's not only that but it's also about us participating in group events.  Even if we lose.  We need more of our new people to participate in these things to learn how FA works strategically.  Hell, I need the exposure, I haven't PvP'd with FA in like forever.

We should all leave our egos at the door, fall in and let's get some group experience in.  Even if the experience is dying.  A lot.  

We'll get better.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Maglorius

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:26 pm »
Thank you Broin and Tbone, I needed to hear that. Even though I am away from home on work, it is positive reassurance for me on the reason why I joined this family.

Lack of determination, passion and the fight to move forward will destroy a good thing and I don't see that with the majority. Some will quit, some will fade away because they do not possess what it takes to really be a Furious Angel.

I am with you guys all the way, Never give up, Never Surrender!

On a lighter note, my comment above brought me to this video, had to share.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-VMTIPwk74

Offline Venlar

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 10:41:38 pm »
Quote from: "likwidtek"
I think I heard one instance last night of people not wanting to go to a planet to help combat IMPs because they were lower level and not level 50.  (Specifically level 40 something).  I've heard some chatter on TS "Yeah I'm too low level, I'll die".  

It's not about only participating if you know you can win.  It's about us all showing up regardless.  I think Tbone's perspective was "If they're busy killing you, they're distracted and not attacking me so I can kill them".

It's not only that but it's also about us participating in group events.  Even if we lose.  We need more of our new people to participate in these things to learn how FA works strategically.  Hell, I need the exposure, I haven't PvP'd with FA in like forever.

We should all leave our egos at the door, fall in and let's get some group experience in.  Even if the experience is dying.  A lot.  

We'll get better.

Amen... Can't even count the times in MXO I charged head first into battle knowing I had no chance but as I was dying I'd almost always have the satisfaction of watching an FA member come out of nowhere to completely obliterate my opponent... and ultimately retreat because our determination and numbers began to overwhelm them.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 12:51:34 am »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Even if you're past the point of no return, you give them hell before they win...

Manic, thanks for this.  I needed it today.  I joined a Hutball game and we were down 0-5 and the other team was camped.. on our goal line with the ball for over 5 minutes.  I repeatedly threw myself into the fray (and died a lot) for remaining time.

I kept thinking.. "If I'm going to lose, I'm going to give them hell before I do.."  Classic Mifune moment.

I'm not sure I proved anything out there other than I was the most stubborn player on the field but it sure was fun.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 02:34:09 am »
Quote from: "Mharz"

Manic, thanks for this.  I needed it today.  I joined a Hutball game and we were down 0-5 and the other team was camped.. on our goal line with the ball for over 5 minutes.  I repeatedly threw myself into the fray (and died a lot) for remaining time.

I kept thinking.. "If I'm going to lose, I'm going to give them hell before I do.."  Classic Mifune moment.

I'm not sure I proved anything out there other than I was the most stubborn player on the field but it sure was fun.

You proved you were FA.  Me, Lan'obi (Trushott) and Longboard really had a similar couple of trials.  

The first warzone was a Voidstar.  We were defending first, and unfortunately the enemy managed to get a breakaway going, getting to the final set of doors before the reactor core with 4 minutes to spare.  But we didn't pack it in or just farm for kills, we kept to the doors , rushing back and forth as needed like madmen.  And wouldn't you know it, we held those doors right until the end. The Sith never broke through.  Then on our attack, we got a break away of our own, and ended up getting through and winning the match.

Then, we had an Alderaan where we capped west, but the Sith capped East and center.  They did a good job of defending for five minutes, until they had a huge lead on us.  Then, when a pugger managed to ninja east out from under them, we took advantage of their distraction to take center.  We ended up three capping them for the rest of the match.

Win or lose, not giving up is definitely the FA way.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 08:14:04 am »
Indeed... I'm not hitting 40 yet, but I know that I can tip the balance even so. So I die, respawn die... at least I participate, and have some fun with my team. I'm not going to avoid a fight just because I may lose. I wouldn't be able to get missions done on Tatooine if I thought I might lose to Sith (and I have lost to Sith). Pick myself up and get on. I prefer NOT to give them a PVP tally, but hey, I guess they prefer not to give one to me either.

Side note: I didn't participate (if this is the one I was thinking of) because I was heading off... but I think my point still stands!

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 09:20:42 am »
WZs have been a rough subject for me this week. The repetitiveness and lack of good pugs on our side with the unbelievable power of chain stuns have caused me to let out more than a few expletives and negative thoughts on teamspeak - for that I apologize.

The goal is to have fun, and while I dont mind losing sometimes, I dont have fun walking facefirst into a group only to be zapped, despite a full resolvebar or resilience, and die seconds later. It's made me attempt to rethink PvP playstyles and coordination, which is a good thing. But it's also made be a bit bitter to the imbalance.

My valor and cashflow has taken a huge hit in the last 2 weeks due to unsuccessful WZs and getting 5 items from 40+ bags, which only 3 I use. Thanks to those who come to help, and also for bumping this thread. It may nto fix the problems, but it certainly makes me rethink how I respond to them.

Offline Trushott

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://Www.renshawauto.com
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2012, 08:55:46 am »
Quote from: "Keeloth"
Quote from: "Mharz"

You proved you were FA.  Me, Lan'obi (Trushott) and Longboard really had a similar couple of trials.  

The first warzone was a Voidstar.  We were defending first, and unfortunately the enemy managed to get a breakaway going, getting to the final set of doors before the reactor core with 4 minutes to spare.  But we didn't pack it in or just farm for kills, we kept to the doors , rushing back and forth as needed like madmen.  And wouldn't you know it, we held those doors right until the end. The Sith never broke through.  Then on our attack, we got a break away of our own, and ended up getting through and winning the match.

Then, we had an Alderaan where we capped west, but the Sith capped East and center.  They did a good job of defending for five minutes, until they had a huge lead on us.  Then, when a pugger managed to ninja east out from under them, we took advantage of their distraction to take center.  We ended up three capping them for the rest of the match.
Win or lose, not giving up is definitely the FA way.

that alderaan match may have been the best come form behind mircle win of tactics greater than gear ive seen .... they were all better geared than us but we kept them in small groups and singles the whole match and snagged it out from under them at the last minute ... i wish i had a FRAPS of that would have been great

at one point it was 400 something to 200 something

and if i remember right it was like 250 to 105 when we three capped :)

IT AINT OVER TIL ITS OVER :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online