Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Security Compromised  (Read 6162 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Security Compromised
« on: September 08, 2004, 03:24:19 pm »
Someone posted the answer to half the challenge on our thread on the MxO board. It looks like I'm going to have to change it again. In the meantime, can you guys look up info on the guy who posted the answers? I would do it, but I'm going to be busy for the next couple of hours. Thanks!

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:27:41 pm »
lol
Things in this clans history are never easy!
This is the only post this guys done, it seems he/she has registered a new account to post this only.
This is the only info. I can find on him easily:
username: fgurnsey
user ID: 5317922
url of post: http://thematrixonlineboards.warnerbros.com/newboards/thread.jspa?threadID=2000000952&start=1125&tstart=0
He's mentioned someone called Tiamat, dunno if this will lead to any clues or is something I haven't heard about.
Keep searching, I've got to go.
T2

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2004, 03:55:24 pm »
For some reason I can't seem to get to the Matrix Online website...whenever I try and get to it it just says "page cannot be displayed."  Is anyone else having this problem?  Well, whenever I figure this out I'd be glad to help but this computer seems to just be acting all crazy recently.  I can't even get on AOL instant messanger anymore either.  Argh, good luck to those who having working computers.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2004, 04:16:02 pm »
I was having trouble getting there from my work comp  last week, as a matter in fact I couldn't get on any WB site.  This week has been ok though. I know they are always changing the system at my job (lots of de ja vu) so maybe it was blocked last week and now it's not.

Maybe you're having a firewall or filter issue?

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 04:17:10 pm »
Bah, it's just plain not sporting to give away half of the answers

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 04:38:34 pm »
yea not cool at all

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 04:38:39 pm »
I don't think he cares, its the whole Penny Arcade thoery, normal person + anominity = asshole. Sad but true.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 04:39:38 pm »
The WB website has been going down every so often for the past week.Or atleast the forums have been for me.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Security Compromised
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2004, 04:43:20 pm »
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tiamat.html gives some more possible names.

I think you have to change the way the node is accessed. they know its ss for screen shot, extract bytes.. yada yada

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2004, 04:44:25 pm »
Tiamat - The Definition I knew:

Over the course of the 1990s, Sweden's Tiamat has evolved from a typical death metal outfit into perhaps the leading exponent of what has been tagged "symphonic" black metal, a variation that aims to keep all of death metal's darkness intact, but to portray it in a moodier, more atmospheric way, often making synthesizer arrangements just as important as guitar riffs and utilizing a deliberate, Gothic feel

Tiamat - The real Definition:
In Babylonian myths, Tiamat is a huge, bloated female dragon that personifies the saltwater ocean, the water of Chaos. She is also the primordial mother of all that exists, including the gods themselves. Her consort is Apsu, the personification of the freshwater abyss that lies beneath the Earth. From their union, saltwater with freshwater, the first pair of gods were born. They are Lachmu and Lachamu, parents of Ansar and Kisar, grandparents of Anu and Ea.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2004, 04:45:02 pm »
It would be better just to do a completely new puzzle, but that can't just happen overnight.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2004, 04:46:19 pm »
Quote from: "Ketamininja"
http://www.pantheon.org/articles/t/tiamat.html gives some more possible names.

I think you have to change the way the node is accessed. they know its ss for screen shot, extract bytes.. yada yada

Sorry Ketamininja, did not mean to double post. You and I found the exaact same article on Tiamat...

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2004, 04:51:37 pm »
He may have been making fun of  role playing in general... the die rolls, werewolves, tiamat.  Tiamat was one of the biggest baddest dragons in the AD&D Monster Manual and was in the D&D cartoon I think.

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2004, 05:12:39 pm »
Yeah I think a new test would be good.

So many hints have been given in the past few months that anybody that looks at previous posts on our "Follow the angel" thread can do the test without much effort.

I think just tweaking the tests to change numbers or something like that is not enough.  We should create a new test or at least make major changes to the current one.  It's too bad because it was a great test.

Anyways, maybe we could create another thread for people who have ideas :-)

Anonymous

Security Compromised
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2004, 05:35:35 pm »
Well that is a massive project that would require a lot of cordination and time, but I'm sure we could do it.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 [11]
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 156