Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: What do you want?  (Read 5668 times)

Anonymous

What do you want?
« on: June 22, 2004, 06:15:09 pm »
Hey guys, I know it's probably dumb to bring this up with the game so far away, but I think it's best if we like you know sorta keep our minds on teh game - even if a little bit. Gotta keep our goal in mind.

Anywayz to the point - I was wondering what is the thing you hope for the most in The Matrix Online? It doesn't even have to be like plausible.......we all know in reality all of these things can't fit in a game where there's supposed to be lag for only the lagging player, and not for everybody. But still just post your dreams, and aspirations here, Give us your poor, your huddled masses, cuz we want to hear what they are.

I guess I would ahve a combo of things. One would be being able to drive. Who doesn't want to drive? Besides getting place to place on foot (even though they're supposed to have some other kind of means for quick transport) doesn't really show all of the possibilities of The Matrix. I mean Niobe was the best rebel pilot, and possibly the best rebel driver. I'd love to run over a machinist - lol that'd be really cool. (Reason #1 why they're probably not going to have cars) Anywayz the other thing I would hope for would be like....swords and sai daggers...you know melee weapons things like that.

Post all your hopes and fears here people....let's get it started.

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 06:22:22 pm »
driving would be sweet, because the city is soposed to be huge, i read in tbones post to the dev that its soposed to be 12x the size of sydnee aus (i cant spell) i just want a good game, a nice online rpg is what i need right about now, since i cant get ffxi since its like 100 bucks

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2004, 06:52:15 pm »
I would not mind rides either, I would like to be a transport vehicle driver.

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2004, 08:21:19 pm »
I want melee weapons over cars. Katanas, ginsu knives, sai's, kodachis, even bastard swords and halberds would be really cool. And I want more guns, like revolvers, explosives, shotguns, magnums, all the really awesome guns.

The biggest thing I would want is a program where you can animate your own custom attacks. A program outside of MxO were you wouldnt have to be online to create a new custom attack, that if you created you could upload them onto your character(if they were high enough level to obtain it).

Another thing would be to upload mp3's and wmv's. That would make this game sweet.

And the ability to upload insignias onto you character. Imagine us running around, all of us with the data angel on our shoulder. That would be P.I.M.P.(I know, I havent used P.I.M.P. in like a month, but Iouldnt resist)

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2004, 09:37:54 pm »
i like ur idea iluvatar with the custom attacks, and the music, but i mean im sure running winamp or something in the background shouldn't take up too much resources.  umm for my inputs i'd like melee weapons and i'd like this game to be HARD, not too hard like EQ, but hard enough where its going to take someone a good 6-9 months to get a GOOD character, so none of this selling EBAY crap, and for my own personal goals, i'd like to be able to get a key to get to he backdoors of the matrix, thats what im going to be searching for, or at least visiting it, meeting up with seraf or something with the oracle and i'd follow him in or something, or buy a key off the keymaker. that would be tight.

Zink

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2004, 11:35:12 pm »
If you can access anything in the matrix but it will require alot of knowledge on the special matrix code, then you won't be needing that key zink ;)

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2004, 02:22:09 am »
Access to the backdoors would kickass.  Hey, maybe that's the quick transportation we'll have.  I want each character class to have tons of items that suit their area of expertise.  Being a spy, I want telescope microphones, long distance binoculars, tiny hidden cameras, the ability to tap telephone lines, etc. (I could go on all day).

What things would you all want for your character type?

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2004, 06:36:13 am »
i have too many ideas...

but i think itl be nice to see what all comes out of it

;]

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2004, 08:29:25 am »
Yes I'm sure those would be useful Enoc, but then when you think about it..... what would you use it for?Spying on clans?I just have some kind of sense clans will find out the best ways to take care of spies and so we will be left to use our abilities for missions..i'll try to get back to this since i'm having trouble thinking once again..

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2004, 09:31:07 am »
I don't really want anything specific. I just want it to be a really good game, with endless possibilities of things to do so that i will never get bored. It seems like thats the plan so im pretty happy :)

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2004, 12:08:13 pm »
Hmm sine I'm a soldier, I would want like alot of artilery. Like, if I was a soldier I'd want like grenades, machine guns, plastiques. I mean if the matrix was real, and I was a real soldier I would ALWAYS bring atleast 2-3 grenades with me...you *never* know when they can come in handy, and they can come in handy VERY much when you're fighting or running away from an agent.

So grenades could be a very useful tool. And I know they'll probably have machine guns and everything, but plastiques would be helpful so sabatoge and like removing a wall and everything.

But with the doors could that be done? Even Neo and Seraph had to have keys to get in....but somehow Smith didn't have too....so I guess ya never know.. :)

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2004, 12:43:28 pm »
The bit that is 12 times the size of Sydney is just the starting area, the slums. Thats what ajax said anyway..

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2004, 02:32:40 pm »
Oh your right on that eclispe, c4 is a much.I just love bombs.

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2004, 10:10:02 pm »
Come on Neb....post atleast some of your ideas....come on...you know you wanna...

Anonymous

What do you want?
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2004, 03:04:00 am »
I'm just saying what I would want for my class.  I'm sure us spies will find a way to deal with clans.  Besides, the most valuable asset in this game will be information.  And of all three classes, spies seem better equipped to get this information while in the Matrix.

You underestimate me young grasshopper...

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 309