Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Patch Notes 1.1.5  (Read 5271 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Patch Notes 1.1.5
« on: February 28, 2012, 06:17:29 pm »
Some big changes coming for PvP...

Star Warsâ„¢: The Old Republicâ„¢ - 1.1.5 Patch Notes

Because development is ongoing during testing, it should be noted that all changes and updates listed in the patch notes should be considered incomplete and are subject to change or removal before release to the live servers. The Public Test Server patch notes will be provided in English. The final release notes will be provided in English, French, and German when the content is moved to live servers.

General
Players can now use the command /roll or /random to generate a random number between 1 and 100. This command will also accept a range (example: /roll 20-40) or a die value (example: 2d6).

Classes and Combat

Sith Warrior
The French version of the "Darth" title is now correct.

Flashpoints and Operations

Operations

General
Bosses in Operations now drop the correct amount of loot when the group is using the Master Looter loot distribution setting.

Eternity Vault
The "Duel of the Fates" and "Penalty of Destiny" effects are now properly removed when the Infernal Council encounter resets.
An issue that could cause buttons to stop responding during the Ancient Pylons encounter has been fixed. *UPDATED 2/28*

Karagga's Palace
Completing Karagga's Palace in Nightmare Mode within two hours now correctly grants the title "The Unyielding." *UPDATED 2/28*

Items

General
New high-level black-yellow color crystals can now be purchased from the Pre-Order Vendors on the Imperial and Republic Fleets.
Several high end speeder models have been temporarily reduced in price until Game Update 1.2.
A vendor that sells a variety of previously unavailable endgame crystals has been added temporarily to the Imperial and Republic Fleets until Game Update 1.2.
The Portable Holo Dancer once again displays the correct visual effect.
Dark/Light requirements present on some color crystals have been removed.

Missions and NPCs

Missions

Republic
Chaos and Harmony: Corrected an issue that caused Children of the Emperor to disappear and reappear during the final boss fight, making the encounter more difficult that intended.

PvP

General
Players can now build credit towards the Battle for Ilum daily and weekly missions by playing Warzones. *UPDATED 2/28*
Warzones

General
Healers in Warzones now receive kill credit when a healed player kills an enemy. *UPDATED 2/28*
Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives. *UPDATED 2/28*
Battlemaster and Champion Commendations are now available on the PvP Vendor for Warzone and Mercenary Commendations. Champion Gear Bags are still available. *UPDATED 2/28*
Valor gained from Warzones has been increased. *UPDATED 2/28*
Medals are now worth 500 Valor and 10 Commendations. Players only earn Valor and Commendations for the first 4 medals earned each match. *UPDATED 2/28*
Increased the Warzone AFK timeout from 60 seconds to 90 seconds. *UPDATED 2/28*

Alderaan Civil War
The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets. *UPDATED 2/28*

World PvP

Ilum
To improve Ilum performance, the two large defense turrets outside each base on the Western Shelf no longer fire lasers into the air.

UI

General
The Shader Complexity preference now supports a "Very Low" option.
Codex entry popups now display correctly for level 50 players when they are unlocked. *UPDATED 2/28*

Miscellaneous Bug Fixes
An issue that could cause players in guilds to be occasionally kicked from Groups and Operations Groups shortly after joining them has been corrected. *UPDATED 2/28*

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Patch Notes 1.1.5
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2012, 07:45:00 pm »
So... the death of ilum pvp has arrived...

Warzones are clearly the better place to be now. Much less lag, plenty of valor, and we can now get credit for ilum dailies without ever setting foot on ilum.

-Yay for very low shaders, i hope this helps my FPS.

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2012, 10:24:58 pm »
So, I just read over this again...

"Players affected by a Damage Over Time ability are no longer interrupted when interacting with objectives. *UPDATED 2/28* "

Really? so legitimate tactics were so unpopular that they removed it from the game? I never saw anyone bitch about this. Maybe it sucked to get hit with a DoT and realize it after trying to cap with no cleanse, but how can they possibly justify this? It basically makes DoT abilities pointless. The damage done is so low compared to any other method of dealing damage, and they nerf it by removing the one boon it brought to organized PVP?

Mass DoTing enemies to give your team time to get out of the door on VS or back to a tower on aldaraan was useful, but easily overcome by the opposing team. You can cleanse the effect off, and if it came down to this in a WZ, the person casting all the DoTs was easily rolled over, because the ability (at least on a trooper) is expensive and the player doing so would be left almost teethless. 3 ammo on more than one person and you're essentially at half ammo. (regen helps here, but if you go on to more than 2 people, you're less likely to see an impact from regen rates in any positive way)

So, they took out a tactic that was probably the least bitched about issue in WZs. What about CC chaining? what about broken resolve? What about the hacks? what about randomly getting booted? what about stealth capping? etc..

Anyway, just venting a bit. I think it's insane to remove something like this, which by the way essentially makes one tree for the trooper pointless to ever pick up as a commando. (as if it weren't already gimp enough, assault is now useless unless you're a vanguard. Heck, maybe even then.)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:43:14 am »
Everyone can DoT but not everyone can cleanse. As a result, your team could be at a severe disadvantage if you don't have someone who can cleanse. If they had a consumable that would sweep effects like in MxO, I could see it being a strategic mechanic. Being able to mass DoT and DoT for 30 seconds yet giving the player no means to cleanse it isn't really a fair mechanic.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:11 am »
Alderaan Civil War
The speeder bikes that transport players back to the battle now have a three-second activation time to increase the likelihood that an organized attacking team can successfully take the side turrets. *UPDATED 2/28*

It'll be interesting to see how this works out.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #5 on: February 29, 2012, 07:46:20 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Everyone can DoT but not everyone can cleanse. As a result, your team could be at a severe disadvantage if you don't have someone who can cleanse. If they had a consumable that would sweep effects like in MxO, I could see it being a strategic mechanic. Being able to mass DoT and DoT for 30 seconds yet giving the player no means to cleanse it isn't really a fair mechanic.

This bothers me... Cleansing is important to someone? Then make a class that has it. I hate the idea of making changes to the game because not all the classes are the same. Each has pros an cons.

Offline Faiden

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 29, 2012, 02:32:04 pm »
So as a healer I can get kill credit if someone I heal kills someone? What the hell, so instead of balancing it so healers can get as many medals as a dps or tank, now we can get a shitload more? And what's with the valor increase, do they want everyone to get battlemaster in a week and be done with this game as soon as possible?
Like the blade rushing from my hilt, my blood shall never cool.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2012, 03:07:48 pm »
^^^
Exactly. They took away the frozen water to keep dps from getting healer medals... I'm so disappointed with bw.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
Patch Notes 1.1.5
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2012, 03:43:55 pm »
The game doesn't stop at Battlemaster. There are 100 levels of Valor. I would honestly, experience the changes before jumping down peoples throats when the game isn't even 4 months into live yet.

Also the water was changed because it was an unfair advantage to people who could get out of combat quick heal and come right back in when low on heals. It's wasn't just for melee. Melee shouldn't be getting healing medals to begin with, you are not a healer.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Patch Notes 1.1.5
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2012, 04:44:40 pm »
I don't like the change as far as DOTS not affecting players from getting objectives. There have been times my DOTS have kept the enemy from capping till backup arrives. Still no mention of working on resolve. Ilum will look like Dalaran after Cataclysm came out,now that WZ's will be the best way to grind.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #10 on: February 29, 2012, 04:59:00 pm »
Quote from: "Faiden"
So as a healer I can get kill credit if someone I heal kills someone? What the hell, so instead of balancing it so healers can get as many medals as a dps or tank, now we can get a shitload more? And what's with the valor increase, do they want everyone to get battlemaster in a week and be done with this game as soon as possible?

This was so needed and no we won't get more medals than everyone.  It'll be the same as Illum I'm sure, meaning if I'm healing someone while they kill I also get credit.  I think there is a 10 second grace period or something.

I've never EVER gotten more than like 7 medals.  And when I do, it's because I'm trying to do shitty DPS or steal kills.  When I'm straight healing and kicking ass at it, I always get top healer and I usually end up with 2 medals.  Maybe 3.

This way, I'll actually be able to heal you guys and get fair valor and credit.  It's taking me FOR EVER to get battlemaster.  FOR EVER!!!!

This is a welcome change.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 29, 2012, 07:36:30 pm »

Then everyone should get a bubble, pull, leap, and self heals too. It's not fair that other classes can leap/pull all over huttball and I can't work my way to mid without being DPS'd down by a team who is leap heavy. :P

Seriously though... The arguement is understood, it's just not a good enough reason for me. Cleanse is there. It's available. Maybe a couple more healer-possible ACs need it (I'm not sure who actually has this, but know commandos do no matter what spec we are.)

To me this is like saying that because not everyone can leap/pull, it should be fixed so that it doesn't work in pvp because it gives an advantage to the team who has more of them, with no way to avoid it. In fact, it is absolutely the same thing in my opinion. Because only a very few select ACs have the ability to prevent being knocked back/pulled around.

You have an ability that can completely change the game, very few people who can do anything about it, and people who whine about it. Seems to me that leaps and pulls should be removed from pvp too, if the logic they're using is that it can prevent progression in one or more of the warzones for an unfair amount of time depending on team class variation.

-Anyway... I just think it was an overreaction to something that should have been last on the list of things to address. There are just so many other things that are so much more frustrating in warzones than this.

-Either way, it doesn't impact me directly as I rarely use assault spec in PVP. I'm just a little frustrated it's not even an option now. I've always had issues with classes introduced into a game that are so weak or useless that they aren't even playable "for fun" because they aren't fun to play anymore. Assault was absolutely the "for fun" spec for a commando before this. Now there's no fun to be had at all, because the only tactical advantage it gave you is gone.

Why even have that tree available if it can't be used for anything? Pointless!

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2012, 07:50:31 pm »
Quote from: "likwidtek"

This was so needed and no we won't get more medals than everyone.  It'll be the same as Illum I'm sure, meaning if I'm healing someone while they kill I also get credit.  I think there is a 10 second grace period or something.

I've never EVER gotten more than like 7 medals.  And when I do, it's because I'm trying to do shitty DPS or steal kills.  When I'm straight healing and kicking ass at it, I always get top healer and I usually end up with 2 medals.  Maybe 3.

This way, I'll actually be able to heal you guys and get fair valor and credit.  It's taking me FOR EVER to get battlemaster.  FOR EVER!!!!

This is a welcome change.

Totally agree man. I can't wait for this so I can just stay healer, even for Wzs.

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2012, 08:20:48 pm »
Quote from: "Fuse"

This bothers me... Cleansing is important to someone? Then make a class that has it. I hate the idea of making changes to the game because not all the classes are the same. Each has pros an cons.

Ok, my last post... :P  

I also agree with this. I haven't got alot of time in other classes yet, but as I understand it, the sage, shadow, commando and scoundrel have a cleanse. So, that's 4 out of 8 ACs that have at least a personal cleanse?

Here's what I found, looking over skills on torhead. (I'm not sure about all of these.)

consular:
   shadow - resilience (personal)
   sage - restoration (target)

jedi knight: none available in either AC.

smuggler:  Escape (Does this also cleanse? Anyone?)
   Scoundrel - Lucky Dodge (personal), Triage (target)
   Gunslinger - Hunker down (not sure if this works against DoTs? anyone?)

Trooper:
    Commando - Field Aid (target)
    Vanguard - hold the Line (Not sure if this works against all/some DoTs?)

Point being, there are a lot of classes out there with at least a personal cleanse. If 4/8 classes on each side have some way to get rid of a DoT effect, are we really that light anyway? *shrug* I don't thing this change was needed myself. But some of the information here could be wrong. I'm not sure how all of the cleanse abilities work myself. I guess there could be problems using any of the "random negative effect" removals, if you get unlucky and remove something other than the DoT.

Offline Rezinar

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 10:46:38 am »
Some people just won't be happy till all classes have access to all abilities. Well,that's not how things are supposed to be. Yes,it is FAIR some classes can leap/pull and heal. Some players need to quit being lazy and change their play style to their characters strengths/weak points. Some people need to quit being a baby and expect BioWare to spoon feed them everything. These different abilities are what sets characters apart. You want to leap/pull have self heals,then make a different character,instead of crying and saying it isn't fair. This game is seemingly getting to many of the other MMO's gimme player base.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 19