Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: randomness (food)  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
randomness (food)
« on: March 22, 2012, 12:48:28 am »
:o <- Food goes here.

Inspired by the discussion stirred up by Ratio in this thread.

Also I like food. So do some of the rest of you.

If you don't like food, or are anorexic, get the fuck out of my thread.

Post food-related things here!

So to kick things off...

Quote from: "2eggs1cup"

1 Eggs
1/2 teaspoon butters
1 teaspoon milks and/or the creams (half and half will work in a pinch)
1 teaspoon cheeses (grated)
Salts and Peppers to taste.

Crack eggs into cup, break up with a fork. Add in butter (melted if at all possible), mix in milk/cream and cheese. Nuke for 45 seconds in high-voltage microwave (700w, 1000w, or a 650watter on powah).

Eat with fork. Garnish with chives or whatever the hell you want. Shove that tasty goodness into your face-hole.

If you've got a bigger mug, or are extra hungry, this recipe doubles up pretty easily!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: randomness (food)
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 12:53:19 am »

My standard meal for a night. Add Parmesan and Olive Oil and you're good to go.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 06:21:00 pm »
This recipe is older than anyone here. (Unless you were born before 1939 Broin!)

The warning is to be heeded. This will knock you shitless.

Quote from: "Tom and Jerry Southern Style"
Beware! A sudden jolt of this has been known to stop a victim's watch, snap both of his suspenders and crack his glass eye right across...all in the same motion.-Cobb

Ingredients:
12 eggs
1 lb. confectioners sugar
Pot of boiling water
Whiskey (Author's Note-Tried with Maker's Mark, Yamazaki 12yo, and Crown Royal, would strongly recommend Maker's Mark.-Sared)
Nutmeg (To taste)

Beat 12 eggs very well and slowly add one pound of sugar, continuing to beat. For each serving pour one large shot of whiskey into a cup. Fill each cup 2/3 full of boiling water; put spoonful of egg mixture on top and a dash of nutmeg and serve. WOW-W!

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2012, 11:14:38 am »
http://youtu.be/AF_4YVIojJI

Yields: 6 cups (can easily be doubled, tripled, or even quadrupled for a crowd!)

Ingredients

•6 slices of bread (I used wheat)
•6 slices of bacon
•6 eggs
•1/2 cup of shredded cheese
•salt and pepper, to taste

Instructions on how to cook.
http://youtu.be/AF_4YVIojJI
I cant help the giant picture.. I am not hosting it.

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2012, 01:40:56 pm »
Irish Car Bomb Cupcakes - from Smitten Kitchen - makes ~20Printable Recipe
Guinness Chocolate Cupcakes1 c Guinness
1 c unsalted butter
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
2 c flour
2 c sugar
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp salt
2 eggs
2/3 c sour cream

Ganache Filling8 oz bittersweet chocolate
2/3 c heavy cream
2 Tbsp butter, room temperature
1 to 2 tsp Irish whiskey (optional)

Baileys Frosting3 to 4 c confections sugar
1/2 c unsalted butter, at room temperatue
3 to 4 Tbsp Baileys (or milk, or heavy cream, or a combination thereof)

Make the cupcakesPreheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 cupcake cups with liners. Bring 1 cup stout and 1 cup butter to simmer in heavy large saucepan over medium heat. Add cocoa powder and whisk until mixture is smooth. Cool slightly.

Whisk flour, sugar, baking soda, and 3/4 teaspoon salt in large bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat eggs and sour cream in another large bowl to blend. Add stout-chocolate mixture to egg mixture and beat just to combine. Add flour mixture and beat briefly on slow speed. Using rubber spatula, fold batter until completely combined. Divide batter among cupcake liners, filling them 2/3 to 3/4 of the way. Bake cake until tester inserted into center comes out clean, rotating them once front to back if your oven bakes unevenly, about 17 minutes. Cool cupcakes on a rack completely.

Make the fillingChop the chocolate and transfer it to a heatproof bowl. Heat the cream until simmering and pour it over the chocolate. Let it sit for one minute and then stir until smooth. Add the butter and whiskey and stir until combined.

Fill the cupcakesLet the ganache cool until thick but still soft enough to be piped. Meanwhile, using your 1-inch round cookie cutter or an apple corer, cut the centers out of the cooled cupcakes. You want to go most of the way down the cupcake but not cut through the bottom - aim for 2/3 of the way. A slim spoon or grapefruit knife will help you get the center out. Those are your "tasters". Put the ganache into a piping bag with a wide tip and fill the holes in each cupcake to the top.

Make the frostingWhip the butter in the bowl of an electric mixer, or with a hand mixer, for several minutes. You want to get it very light and fluffy. Slowly add the powdered sugar, a few tablespoons at a time.

When the frosting looks thick enough to spread, drizzle in the Baileys (or milk) and whip it until combined. If this has made the frosting too thin (it shouldn't, but just in case) beat in another spoonful or two of powdered sugar.

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2012, 01:44:55 pm »
Marlboro Man Sandwich
Ingredients
1 whole Large (or 2 Small) Onions
2 sticks Butter (lots And Lots Of Butter)
2 pounds (to 3 Pounds) Cube Steak (tenderized Round Steak That's Been Extra Tenderized)
Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or Similar Seasoned Salt)
1/2 cup (approximately) Worcestershire Sauce
Tabasco Sauce, To Taste
4 whole French/deli Rolls (earthgrains Are Best!)
Preparation Instructions
Slice onions and cook in 1/4 stick butter until soft and light brown. Remove and set aside.
Slice cube steak against the grain. Season with Lawry's.
Heat 2 tablespoons butter over high heat (in same skillet) until melted and beginning to brown. Add meat in single layer. Cook one side until brown, then flip and cook until brown, about a minute on both sides.
Add 1/2 cup (at least) Worcestershire sauce, 5 to 6 shakes Tabasco, and 2 tablespoons butter. Add cooked onions. Stir to combine.
Butter halved French rolls and brown in skillet.
To assemble, lay bottom half of French roll on plate. Place meat mixture, followed by a spoonful of juice from the pan. Top with other half of roll, cut in half, and devour!

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2012, 01:48:59 pm »
Ingredients
20 whole Fresh Jalapenos, 2-3 Inches In Size
2 cubes Cream Cheese, softened
1c shredded pepper jack cheese
1 pound Thin(regular) Bacon, Sliced Into Thirds
Preparation Instructions
If you have them, slip on some latex gloves for the pepper prep... Cut jalapenos in half, length-wise. With a spoon, remove the seeds and white membrane (the source of the heat; leave a little if you like things HOT). Mix softened cream cheese and pepper jack cheese together. Smear softened cream cheese into each jalapeno half. Wrap jalapeno with bacon pieces (1/3 slice). Secure by sticking toothpick through the middle.
Bake on a pan with a rack in a 375-degree oven for 20-25 minutes. You don't want the bacon to shrink so much it starts to the squeeze the jalapeno. If, after 20 minutes, the bacon doesn't look brown enough, just turn on the broiler for a couple of minutes to finish it off. These are best when the jalapeno still has a bit of bite to it.
Serve immediately, or they're also great at room temperature.
You'll love these so much, you're gonna come out of your skin. Or something like that.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2012, 03:01:31 pm »
Made this yesterday with great success. It's an old favorite of mine that a friend of mine has continued to tweak over the years. Feel free to experiment with it the cheeses used. Keep the heat nice and low for the first part of the recipe and it can be very forgiving.

Quote from: "Gorgonzola Alfredo Sauce"

Ingredients:

8 oz Cream Cheese or Neufchatel Cheese, softened and cubed
8 tbsp butter
1 cup Half & Half
1 cup, grated Romano Cheese or Parmesan Cheese
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 cup milk
2/3 cup Gorgonzola Cheese, crumbled

Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Make sure to not let the burner get out of control, because your butter will burn and throw off the flavor of the entire sauce. Once the butter is melted, add Cream Cheese. Make sure that you let it soften outside of your refrigerator for about a half hour before putting it in, or you'll risk needing to turn up the heat too early in order to melt it. Whisk for a few minutes until the Cream Cheese is melted and mixed in. It won't be smooth yet at this stage, so don't worry if you can't blend it totally. It should have roughly the same consistency as a small-curd cottage cheese.

After you've finished blending the Cream Cheese into the butter, add the Half & Half in slowly, whisking while you pour. When you're done pouring, turn up the burner up to medium-high, and whisk the sauce until it's completely smooth. You'll need the whole mix to heat up for what's coming.

Add Romano Cheese into the mix. You can just dump the whole portion into the saucepan before you whisk it, because it won't clump at this temperature. While you're whisking in the Romano Cheese, add the garlic powder.

Whisk in that milk in the same way that you did the Half & Half. Up until this point it's going to be a little thick, but the milk will help balance the consistency. If it it's too thick or thin for you, you can adjust it back and forth using milk or Romano until you get it just right. Once you get it right...here's the good part... toss in that Gorgonzola. If you remembered to turn up the heat earlier, the sauce should be hot enough to melt the crumbled cheese in less than thirty seconds.

This shit is potent, and carries an intense flavor that goes down smoothe. You don't need your pasta swimming in this stuff, but being generous never hurt anyone. A good crank or two of fresh-ground peppercorn medley adds a lot of flavor right before serving. Traditionally this is served over fettuccine, but I prefer pairing it with tortellini. The above picture is with Buitoni's Herb Chicken Tortellini. I like to get green veggies on the side; broccoli is tasty to mop up any leftover sauce on your plate.

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2012, 08:43:20 pm »
Curry

Gather and prepare all of your ingredients before you begin.You may substitute a scant half teaspoon of cayenne pepper for the jalapeño, adding it to the skillet with the other ground dried spices.

INGREDIENTS
Whole Spice Blend (Optional, but I totally did it, and it was awesome!)
1 1/2 cinnamon sticks (3-inches)
4 whole cloves
4 green cardamom pods
8 black peppercorns
1 bay leaf

Curry
1/4cup vegetable oil ( or canola oil)
1 medium onion , sliced thin
1 red bell pepper sliced into thin strips
4large cloves garlic , or 1 1/2 tsp of the pre-chopped jar stuff, which yes I use because I don't like to reek of garlic :p
1tablespoon fresh ginger , grated on a micro-plane
3 boneless skinless chicken thighs cubed
1  pounds shrimp, peeled and deveined
2teaspoons ground cumin
2teaspoons ground coriander
1teaspoon ground turmeric
  Table salt
1 can diced tomatoes drained (as much as possible except for 1 tablespoon juice
1cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves (optional, I guess it traditional and shit but I left it out, I can't do cilantro)
1 can coconut milk
1 1/2 cans water (I used the empty coconut can to measure the water, so sue me)
1 teaspoon chicken bullion (optional, I don't think it will make a difference but I thought just water would be bland)
1 jalapeño chile , If you don't use the cayenne pepper (which I did because I get all paranoid about getting the pepper juice in my eye, which hurts bad)
 1 cup-ish green peas (I put in half the small bag of frozen peas, I guess its about a cup)
2 - 4tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves (use the lesser amount if you've already added the optional cilantro, once again totally optional)

INSTRUCTIONS
1. Heat oil in large deep skillet or soup kettle, preferably nonstick, over medium-high heat until hot, but not smoking. If using whole spice blend, add to oil and cook, stirring with wooden spoon until cinnamon stick unfurls and cloves pop, about 5 seconds. If omitting whole spice blend, simply add onion to skillet; sauté until softened, 3 to 4 minutes, or browned, 5 to 7 minutes.

2. Stir in garlic, ginger, chicken(not the shrimp because that will seriously over cook it), ground spices, 1/2 teaspoon of salt, and tomatoes t; cook, stirring almost constantly, until liquid evaporates, oil separates and turns orange, and spices begin to fry, 5 to 7 minutes, depending on skillet or kettle size. Continue to cook, stirring constantly, until spices smell cooked, about 30 seconds longer.

3. Stir in optional cilantro. Add the water, coconut milk, bullion, and jalapeño and season with salt; bring to simmer. Reduce heat; cover (for the first ten minutes then take the cover off) and simmer until meat is tender, 20 to 30 minutes.

4.. Stir in cilantro. Add shrimp and/or peas if using. Simmer 3 minutes longer and serve.

Now because I'm weird, I decided to add rice noodles, fat ones, during the last few minutes instead of serving this over rice.  Frankly I feel this was a win, but to each their own.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2012, 09:10:50 pm »
I was at a trade show for my line of work today and took these picture at one of the vendor booths. Remember the camera does put on 1 or 150 pounds!

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2012, 12:55:36 pm »
Wait...I don't see the food?

Insert joke regarding a part of the female anatomy!

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2012, 09:41:17 pm »
I made Sared's alfredo recipe with home made gnocchi... Yum! When I re-learn how to post picture, I will :D

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2012, 10:02:34 pm »
Holy shit, this exists: Currywurst

Shut up, you know you want it in your gob-hole.

Offline Ghisteslwchlohm

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2012, 01:44:31 pm »
Either those are pretty small hands, or those are some massive fries. Either way, I want to try this.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2012, 04:11:41 pm »
Jar Jar recipe

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat