Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Jade Empire  (Read 711 times)

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« on: April 15, 2005, 09:21:32 am »
Did anybody else pick up this game?  I only finished a small portion of it after five hours, and was confused as to where the hours went.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2005, 10:36:59 am »
I was going to, but after Fable and KOTOR 2, I have lost faith in console free form RPG's. I did pick up Phantom Dust however, and that game is great, especially considering it only costs $20.

Would be interested in hearing what everyone thinks of Jade Empire though, it seems to have potential.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2005, 11:46:49 am »
LoL, I played Phantom Dust about 6 months ago. My friends had it for quite sometime. Very kewl.

What do you think about JE Acidic ? I was thinking bout going and giving it a go from Blockbuster.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2005, 03:08:40 pm »
Hmm Never heard of Jade Empire..

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2005, 10:04:50 pm »
It's a fun game and well worth the rent, if not the purchase if you like replaying the game from different angles.  I've put about ten hours into it and I'm about level 11 and nearing halfway through the game.  I personally enjoy the fact that things arent laid out as good or evil in this game, it's a pretty nifty way of putting it: Open Palm and Closed Fist.  Random evil stuff will just get you killed/not give you any xp or money.  

The minigames in it are cool too - you arent just running around punching and kicking stuff all day long.  There's one that's like a galaga thing where you take your dragonflyer and shoot down bandits/pirates.  The puzzles are not too hard, but they are not too easy either.  I really enjoy the fact that it is based on skill to a certain degree too.  The freeform realtime combat is really fun - especially being able to change styles in combat.  

And what was wrong with Fable and KOTORII? I enjoyed those too. Albeit that I played through each once and have no desire to go back through them.. I could see myself playing through JE one or two more times before shelving it.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2005, 03:46:49 am »
I rented JE today and now its stored on my mod Xbox HDD.. I'll get to it sometime this week.  Have been very excited for it, I love RPG-style games and a few webpages have said this is as good as it has been for the Xbox.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2005, 08:13:12 am »
hey cortico what mod ya got for your xbox? just curious cause i really wanna mod mine up, but ppl said that you can't get on xbox live if you mod it...which would suck.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2005, 08:26:11 pm »
I finished the Open Palm path earlier today, and I'm almost 1/4 through Closed Fist now.  I really like the way the path system is set up - sure you can go around being a random evil 'I'm going to kill everything I see' kind of person - but you dont really achieve anything.  The philosophy of the Closed Fist is simply that the Strong should rule and the weak should be weeded out.  Though really the only thing that sets it apart from 'evil' is the intent .. I guess you could still call it evil.

The load times in some parts really suck though.. especially in the arena when some of your fights can end in seconds, and the two load times absorb more time than the actual fight did..   You need something at hand to keep you occupied through this part :P

I especially like the way you interact with your party members though.  Some of them learn from you and start taking on your actions, kind of like in KOTORII except it seems much better and more difficult to do.  I love Kang the Mad - he's my favorite.  I've spent my entire Saturday playing though .. tomorrow I don't intend to play much and get out.  lol.  It is kind of funny how RPGs like this can just make the day dissapear.

Anonymous

Jade Empire
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2005, 10:20:34 pm »
I love it, I'm playing as the magical chick and I just started, only like 2 hours in.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 14
  • Dot Hidden: 0