Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Re Vosima not joining retail just yet  (Read 1062 times)

Anonymous

Re Vosima not joining retail just yet
« on: February 19, 2009, 01:52:23 pm »
Hi All

After sampling the beta unfortunately my ping sits between 400-500ms to the european servers. This makes the PvP near on impossible as I am firing and missing allot of the time due to what I see on my screen is delayed by up to half a second.

New Zealand is located in the south west pacific, about 12 hour flight from LA, or about 8.5 hours flight south west'ish of Hawaii, servers such as WOW, LOTRO etc mostly hosted in NYC or LA ping in the 250ms - 290ms range. Europe, in particular greece, would be a 21 hour flight so as you can see we are allot further away form Europe.

This means if I wish to shoot you I have to aim about 50 feet in front of where I think you are moving too. Reminds me of playing Battlefield 1942 on a 56k modem.

I hope the game works out well and that we see the launch of the North American servers. I think the game is good, certainly needs polish but that is not the reason for me not starting out at launch it purely I need to have a ping of sub 300ms for it to be remotely playable/viable. While I could just go harvesting all day long at the price point they are asking $103 NZ dollars or so, that doesn't seem like a huge amount of value for me.

So I wish you all the best of luck for the launch and hope to join you when the game opens in NA.

Cheers
Vos

you can find me here http://www.cabalglobal.com in the mean time, similar system to DF ;-)

Anonymous

Re: Re Vosima not joining retail just yet
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2009, 01:56:34 pm »
I too am undecided as of yet.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2009, 02:41:28 pm »
Quote from: "Woodgrain"

?????????????????

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 02:42:00 pm »
I have the sig, so I feel obligated to get it, but I havent enjoyed it yet. =/

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 02:53:08 pm »
:(
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 06:59:31 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
Quote from: "Woodgrain"

?????????????????

What do you mean "??????????????????????????"?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 09:02:32 pm »
The first few hours the game goes live are going to be the most important in terms of us getting our footing in the game world and establishing cities and a reputation.

Vosima I can somewhat deal with as he has actually spent time testing the game. Fuse, I think I saw you in game ONCE and Woodgrain, I don't remember you being online at all, and if so, not for more than 30 minutes.

If you don't have enough determination to even play past the learning curve, then this game is probably not for you anyway. If anyone else is planning on sitting this one out or taking some more time to decide, let me know now. Our strategy for the beginning depends on how many of you I can count on to be there. Thanks.

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2009, 12:21:31 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
The first few hours the game goes live are going to be the most important in terms of us getting our footing in the game world and establishing cities and a reputation.

Vosima I can somewhat deal with as he has actually spent time testing the game. Fuse, I think I saw you in game ONCE and Woodgrain, I don't remember you being online at all, and if so, not for more than 30 minutes.

If you don't have enough determination to even play past the learning curve, then this game is probably not for you anyway. If anyone else is planning on sitting this one out or taking some more time to decide, let me know now. Our strategy for the beginning depends on how many of you I can count on to be there. Thanks.

If I would be able to register for preorder finally, I could give you my promise ... waaah - I wanna play!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2009, 09:38:17 am »
To be fair, I groupped with you three times and was on my own a bit more.
I enjoy the teamplay, but require some ability to solo in MMOs, which this doesn't offer. I'm still undecided.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re Vosima not joining retail just yet
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 10:35:05 am »
Fuse I've run around solo quite a bit in here... You just have to be careful and not bite off more than you can chew.  

This whole game is nothing but one big challenge.  Embrace it :)

Go ahead, make my day.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:28 pm »
This whole game is nothing but one big challenge. Embrace it Happy

I agree with you 100% (regarding the NPC's and the AI. However, there's a difference between challenging and stupidity. :D (speaking of the control system)

Quote from: "Tbone"

Firstly, with all due respect, :) just because you haven't seen me doesn't mean I haven't played. I have 1 character of each race, 2 of which are crafters (weapon and armor smithing that is up to 18.6 - 20.0) a duel dagger wielder on my Mahirim who's dagger skill is up to 13.4 a human who's sword skill and armor proficiency are both at 16.3 and the others I've not done much with. I'm not on TS half of the time due to this game, while in game I get like 40fps it runs horrible on TS for some reason. When I first created me Mirdain and grouped with Adad I remember running with him and then poof, he was a mile ahead of me. That's not fun. I know that if I grouped with everyone that would happen and start to piss people off due to having to wait on me constantly. At least some of our less patient individuals :P. Therefore, I decided to do some learning on my own so that I wouldn't hinder the progression nor enjoyment for those that didn't have my issues. But hopefully that will change since I'll be buying my new comp next week.

That being said I have put plenty of time into this game and know the 'learning curve' it offers. I love the AI and the loot system. The loot system partially. However, I don't like the fact to do anything I have to press  20 damn keys (metaphorically speaking) in order to talk to an NPC, open a backpack -- without moving mind you (and before anyone says "That's not realistic and not what they were aiming for.", you're full of crap. I used to live near the woods as a kid and ran with a backpack full of toys and joshing shit around while running. Also, I can talk to people while doing other things. Especially holding something in my hand.), etc. I understand they're going for a realism approach, which is fine, but that has nothing to do with realism. That's more of a shitty way to access something simple. It would be like me justifying in order to access, for example, a guild bank or personal bank,  you have to right click your mouse press x, y, then z only to open the damn vault door. That's not realism, it's retardation. The strafing animations are a joke and looks like a freaking barbie doll with it's upper body turn straight while it lower body turned sideways are weaker than a sega genesis game and I believe I'm going to stop here. Other than the whole ghey ass animations and the UI (which I like the look of) controls and that poor excuse more a map, I like the game.

Personally I don't think this game is ready for release at all. Just my two cents.[/quote]

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 291