Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: SWG Trial  (Read 2240 times)

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« on: June 03, 2004, 02:47:52 pm »
If one wishes to try it, the SWG 14 day trial is now public on fileplanet.

2 gig download :), might not be worth it for the 56k'ers (I have 2mb adsl, so it should be here in a few hours).

www.fileplanet.com

I haven't heard much good about it, but an mmorpg is an mmorpg..

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2004, 03:05:30 pm »
Hmm, there is also a very big mxo movie (500mb). I must have missed it.

Oh well, back in line. 200 minutes till the download starts...

http://www.fileplanet.com/files/140000/141331.shtml

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2004, 05:15:31 pm »
even for people with broadband SWG really isnt worth it....it was a horrible, horrible game while I played. Of course, the 2nd beta wasnt really over by the time I quit, so maybe I should think about getting someone with broadband and burn it...onto many, many cd's....

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2004, 08:35:35 pm »
I'm re"getting" it.It was good when I was subscribed to it, but eventually things just got lame.People were doing holocron crap, others using cheap techniques to kill other people,whinners complaining about the exploitations, and most of all, there was really no story at all.Missions were extremely repetitive.For imperial missions coming straight from Darth Vader and others, you were to just go 512m west and kill 3 people, then come back to learn your next mission is to kill 1 suspected traitor, 674m south.Basically, it was just go there, come back , then go over there, and come back again.Very repetitive.On the Vaclyn server, the community did not seem very good from my perspective.People's biographies were either horribly written with plenty of spelling mistakes, or they explained that the players parents or family members were killed by the opposing faction and the player had made a promise to become a jedi then avenge their long lost family members blah blah blah.I found it somewhat hard to get involved in community events such as base raids.I was horribly informed about events such as the type I mentioned.I spent most of my time driving to starports then flying to some other planet not knowing what the hell I'm gonna do there.I felt alone quite often.There did not seem to be any real meaning to anything, like there was nothing really hard to obtain or very special.Everyone seemed to be rich and had whatever they wanted.Oh and that reminds me, every single player looked practically the same.All the males had "the perfect face" and all the females were beautiful and skinny.The only thing that really extracted one from another was their hair styles, even though there was only around 14 types.If it were not for name tags, I'm sure nearly everyone would have trouble even identifying their friends from foes.All in all, it was a good experience as my first mmorpg, I am sure my opinion is not similar to some others, so just try the game yourself if you are curious.

I am redownloading it so I have something to do, and to see if anything has changed over the past few months.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 09:15:31 pm »
idk....i've heard nothing but bad things bout SWG.....

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 09:25:22 pm »
come on, how good can a game be when when the game launched it was a second beta....

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 10:07:04 pm »
SWG is the best MMORPG ever made. Its not the greatest game, but its good. It did a lot of things right, where as other games focus on combat non stop which gets boring, SWG focused more on community allowing players a lot of freedom to do what they want. Of course the game wasn't perfect, it still isnt. I played it for 6 months, thats a long time to play a game. It gets boring to everyone, but it was extremely fun, and the community is great.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2004, 11:54:54 pm »
Wow saying its the best mmorpg is going a little too far.I know there must be better, otherwise the quality of your average mmorpg would not be very good

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 03:19:02 am »
I thought SWG was alright for awhile.  It was good for a time but eventually I ditched it.  

Not sure why, I just got bored of it after so long I guess.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2004, 11:43:00 am »
it suxed from when i first started it to when i uninstalled it.  come on now, it wasn't even in second beta when it came out, it was still in the middle of the first beta.  pathetic and they wouldn't even give us any compensation for testing out their buggy ass messed up game. damn noobs.....idiots :*(

Zink

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2004, 08:39:59 pm »
For all of you bitching about SWG, you should come to the realization that MxO is already off to a much, much worse start.

And that's not me sticking up for SWG. Not in the least.

It does, however, show you what my expectations for MxO are.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2004, 08:57:54 pm »
I expect MxO to be a slightly above average MMO. I will no doubt be playing EQ2 or WoW alongside playing this game. But the Matrix storyline will keep me staying, as that is the reason I play games, one for beating down some ass, and for the sotry they convey. That was a crushing dissapointment for me with SWG, along with all the bugs and randomly assorted crashes I recieved.

To post below:
Old school Ultima as in single or mmo? It would be awesome to have the single player ultima engine in an mmo. But I want at least[/u][/b]
CoH graphics. Id rather have Everquest 2 graphics. Those are some pretty graphic. World of Warcraft would also be a nice graphics engine. Hell, the Neverwinter Nights engine used in KOTOR would be nice.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2004, 09:47:32 pm »
I sincerely hope MxO is a good game. But I know it won't be. If it's better than SWG with the Space Expansion I'll drop SWG all together for this game, so I guess Linda and Andy Wachowski will get my money regardless, as long as this isn't a complete flaming goat fuck.

I'd wager it'll be about on par with the rest of the MMO genre, which, unfortunately, is pretty piss poor right about now.

If you'd like to know how I think it should be. I think it should be oldschool Ultima Online with SWG graphics, except less cartoony.

Is it just me, or does the SWG avatar graphics look like they came straight out of TITAN A.E. ?

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2004, 09:57:52 pm »
Quote from: "Tyshalle"
For all of you bitching about SWG,

We are a family here, let's not talk in that way.

Anonymous

SWG Trial
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2004, 12:31:57 am »
i dont know, im pretty sure mxo will be far better than swg will be.  delays do happen, but when the game comes out and ur in the first couple weeks of beta testing it, then theres a problem.  mxo will prob be delayed till christmas, if it wants to get everything done and finished correctly. as for saying that its worse than swg? watever, people have their opinions and theres no point in trying to argue :) later

Zink

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online