Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling  (Read 121170 times)

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
WeekNIGHT Raid Group Scheduling
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2012, 06:10:51 pm »
Nightmare mode all the things.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2012, 08:45:20 am »
It just wasn't happening last night.

EDIT: Removed myself from the raid calendar event for tonight.  Going to work on PVP (Valor Rank 58) and money runs for white crystal, guild bank and repairs tonight before 1.2 hits tomorrow.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2012, 11:14:14 am »
MY ROOMMATE DIDN'T PAY OUR CABLE BILL. I currently don't have access to internet except through the school library/my phone. I should be able to raid tonight, because I told him to fucking pay it, but if he doesn't have it paid by 5pm I'm throwing down my credit card and putting it on there.

All I wanted to do today was Hoth runs. God dammit.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2012, 11:52:08 am »
Kill. Him.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2012, 09:13:25 pm »
Sign ups up for this week! I'm available on Tuesday and Wednesday! Since there are still no ranked warzones, we will be keeping our three-nights-a-week schedule.

Let's get the new raid done on Tuesday!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2012, 11:14:54 pm »
YAY YAY YAY YAY!!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2012, 02:10:29 am »
We need another healer!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2012, 09:15:13 am »
Just realized I can't be there Thursday. My ski team is hosting a keg race, and I have to be at it. I skipped the bar last week so I desperately need to make up for it this week.

That means we better get this shit done on Tuesday/Wednesday!!

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 16, 2012, 07:12:09 pm »
Spoiler Alert - Boss Strats below.

If you want to learn the boss fights for Explosive Conflict organically stop reading now.

Zorn and Toth

Group Composition: 2 Tanks, 2 Healers, 4 DPS (ideally 2 ranged and 2 melee)

Attacks (Zorn): Rock Throw, Scream (Frontal Cone), DOT, Melee
Attacks (Toth): AOE Stomp, Melee, Jump

Mechanics:
Toth puts a fearful debuff on the tank next to where he jumps
When the two bosses are together their damage increases
Red circles on the ground warn of erupting rocks

Key Points:
Split the Ops Group into two groups, each containing 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps. These groups are assigned left and right sides of the canyon.  If you have a gunslinger position him with the right group and make use of the shield ability during the rock throw - the team on the right will be the only ones dealing with the rock throw.  

Both bosses are ALWAYS tanked facing AWAY from the raid.  The tanks need to position the two bosses at least 30m apart to prevent their AOE attacks from hitting both groups.  This can most easily be done by tanking them deeper into the canyon from where they start.  They pat back and forth quite a distance, so wait for them to be approximately positioned before starting.

Both groups DPS the target on their assigned side and NEVER switch.

At 85% (and every 20% thereafter) Toth will leap to Zorn, this places a "fearful" debuff on the targets within 30m of where he leaps (whichever boss hits the % mark first triggers the change) which is probably in a frontal cone (not confirmed).  Melee dps can avoid thie by being behind Toth when he lands from his leap.  Tanks need to swap targets at this point, this is most easily done by the tanks staying close to their positions and taunting the other boss.  This swap needs to be done quickly because Zorn will begin his rock throwing phase soon after the leap.

After switch the rest of the groups need to swap targets as well and DPS the appropriate boss (now on their side).

During the rock throwing phase Zorn will hit everyone within 30m of him.  If no one is close enough he will chase players to get in range, so the tank at least needs to stay close.  It was hard to tell if the damage was increased if less targets were being damaged, but that is the assumption.

After the rock throwing phase the bosses will jump together again and tanks need to swap once more.  After this swap Zorn will perform his channeled scream which MUST be turned away from the raid.  Normally at this point red circles also appear on the ground and the tank needs to dance around them while facing Zorn in the appropriate direction.

Through the whole fight random targets will be given a DOT that can (and should) be cleansed.

When one of the bosses dies the other will enrage dramatically increasing the damage output - kill them as close together as possible.

When they are both dead a champion that has been watching will jump down.  His damage is moderate but his health is low and should be easily managed.

In Hard Mode there is an added mechanic, now when Toth enrages a person will be targeted with a yellow circle - that person must run to Toth with the circle touching him and wait for it to turn purple.  Once it turns purple get out of the way, when the shot hits the circle it will drop Toth out of his enrage.  Make sure you aren't pushing through this phase too quickly, because if Toth jumps before his enrage falls off you're probably going to wipe.

Also when Zorn is using his channeled scream, when he activates it, it will stun the tank.  Make sure to use your CC breaker ASAP so you can move around freely and avoid the red circles.

Firebrand and Stormcaller

Group Composition: 2 Tanks, 2 Healers, 4 DPS (ideally 2 ranged and 2 melee)

Attacks (Firebrand): Frontal cone AOE, Fire Debuff, Ranged, Missile Launch
Attacks (Stormcaller): AOE pulse, Damage debuff, Ranged, Lightning Pillar

Mechanics:
Bosses can not be respositioned
Adds will spawn to the right and left with a shield over them, players need to get under the shield and kill the adds and DO NOT kill the shield
Don't stand in red circles
Yellow beam needs to be cleansed
Firebrand's debuff calls for a tank swap
Double Destruction needs to be positioned not to hit the tank

Key Points:
Again split the Ops Group into two groups, each containing 1 tank, 1 healer, 2 dps.  These groups are assigned left and right sides.  Firebrand is on the left, Stormcaller on the right.

Both tanks need to be faced away from the raid, they both have frontal cleave effects with a good range.

Both groups DPS the target on their assigned side.  At the start of the fight Firebrand will shoot rockets at the raid causing initial AOE damage, be ready.

Periodically during the fight Stormcaller will cast "Double Destruction" (4 seconds) which puts a debuff on the current target.  The debuff causes all damage from Stormcaller to be doubled.  If the debuff is not shared by 2 or more players it will hit the same person twice.  IF it hits the same person twice they will be launched in to the air and take severe damage. 

To combat this, position the DPS and the healer to the side of Stormcaller but not in front of him.  When he begins casting the debuff the tank will rotate his facing to the rest of the group to share the debuff.  Once the debuff is on them, the tank rotates back to his original position to continue where he left off.  

You must be in front of Stormcaller to receive the debuff, the effect is in a cone between his front cannons.

Firebrand will also debuff his tank causing extra damage which can be mitigated with tanking or healing cooldowns but might require a tank swap at higher difficulties.

Stormcaller will drop lightning pillars on random people in the raid, make sure to move away from the lightning radius.  Firebrand will also periodically continue to put red circles on the ground and drop rockets, don't stand in the red circles.

Firebrand doesn't put red circles on himself or Stormcaller, so melee should be safe as long as they're fighting on top of the bosses. 

Firebrand has a third rocket mechanic, he will place a yellow beam and reticle on a person, this needs to be cleansed and that person can them safely move out of the area.  Firebrand will target this area with rockets shortly after the beam appears.

Three times through the fight there will be a prompt "Activating Defensive Systems" - at this point adds will spawn beneath shield generators to the left and right of the field.  DO NOT attack the shield generators (no AOE either).  Each group should take cover beneath their respective shield and kill the adds while missiles are dropping from the sky.

The tank on Stormcaller will NOT be able to take cover, Stormcaller will be dropping lightning pylons the whole time the missile volley is happening and the tank will need to position them away from the rest of the group.

When one of the bosses dies the other will enrage, so they need to be killed closely together as always.

Colonel Vorgath

Coming soon

Warlord Kalithresh

Coming soon

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 16, 2012, 08:39:33 pm »
AAAAHHHHHH WHY ARE YOU POSTING THAT STUFF IN OUR RAID THREAD.

GET OUT GET OUT GET GET OUT!!

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 16, 2012, 08:48:41 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
WHY ARE YOU POSTING THAT STUFF IN OUR RAID THREAD.

That's how raiding is done.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2012, 09:36:48 am »
I like Van and I's tank swapping method for Zorn and Toth better than the one posted.

If I read correctly, they're telling the tanks to stay in place and move the bosses...  That just doesn't make sense.  That means your DPS is having to move around as well.  

Van and I left the bosses right were we had them, and we switched positions.  Van (Guardian) started on the left with Zorn, and I (Shadow) started on the right with Toth.  We'd call out when our taunts were ready after Toth's leap to Zorn, then say switch.  We'd kite out to our (respective) right, instead of just going straight to each other.  Sort of like kiting Soa's lightning balls.  Running straight towards each other would bring the bosses directly past each other, giving them their increased damage buff.  Kiting them meant Zorn would walk south, and Toth would walk north.  As soon as we were in range, we would taunt our new boss and bring him back to where the other tank had him.  We'd do this every time the tank on Zorn was given the Fearful debuff and it seemed to work perfectly.

This left the ranged DPS free to continue attacking Toth, and the melee free to continue attacking Zorn without any running around.  Every time we did this fight, it seemed that Toth would end up 10% lower than Zorn towards the end.  Around the 20% (Toth) to 30% (Zorn) mark, we'd ask one of the ranged to switch to Zorn until they were evened out.  Since it was a ranged DPS, they wouldn't have to move.  They just simply switched targets. I can't say if this group will have the same problem.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2012, 11:22:09 am »
Quote from: "Mharz"
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
WHY ARE YOU POSTING THAT STUFF IN OUR RAID THREAD.

That's how raiding is done.

But isn't half the fun of raiding figuring out HOW to beat the boss?

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2012, 04:51:38 pm »
Quote from: "Tecknik"
If I read correctly, they're telling the tanks to stay in place and move the bosses...  That just doesn't make sense.  That means your DPS is having to move around as well.  

I think you mis-read or I wasn't clear.

Tanks do stay mostly in one place until the leap.  When the leap happens (both bosses on one tank with damage buff) the tank that's all alone taunts the other boss to him.  Other boss runs back that way and the fight continues.

DPS NEVER, EVER moves.  They just re-target the boss that is now on their side.  As much as I hate saying this, tab target and keep button mashing.  Almost too simple.  Healers can clump up with ranged as well to use AOE healing.

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »
The guide you've taken from is indeed saying that everyone should stay in one place, and that it is the bosses that do the switching.  I believe that is an issue.

For the example I witnessed, Vanhouten was tanking Zorn, and Teknik was tanking Toth
When Toth jumped to we found he just went straight back to the original tank.  Could of been that Teknik was taunting straight back, but it didn't seem it.
When Van and Tek switched bosses by moving themselves, we prevented Zorn and Toth coming together.

The buff they give starts immediately after coming into range (probably around 10 metres of one another) and stacks pretty quickly to 10.  The buff is a damage increase.  But keeping Van and Tek in place, and using making them bring the bosses to them, they will cross paths and start the buff.

One thing I will say is that while we had Ranged on Toth and Melee on Zorn, I think it would be better suited the other way around.  Reason for this is the Fearful debuff is an AOE and will hit the Melee DPS.  That, tied with the then AOE smash Zorn has, everyone in that group starts losing chunks of health.

Also, I agree with Ana.  Pay too much heed to a guide and you miss out on the fun and creating your own plan.

* Discord

Calendar

April 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4 5 6
7 8 9 10 11 12 13
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21 22 23 24 25 26 [27]
28 29 30

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 30