Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: What does being a Zionist mean to you?  (Read 5122 times)

Anonymous

What does being a Zionist mean to you?
« on: May 07, 2004, 11:10:56 pm »
I was wondering what being a Zionist means to everybody....this can help us get a more generalized sketch of what being a Zionist means, and help us strategize better for FA to become one of the MxO greats.

Beign a Zionist to me is really only a "tite" or a "group" I prefer to say I'm a human protector. I fight for whats in the best intrests of the humans, in the best intrests of humanity. I dont beleive living in a fake world where you're subtly controlled is in the best intrest. I belie that Zion is the only way human rights will ever be fully best represented. I beleive we are the warriors of the human spirit, the protector of the homo sapien soul. Our lives are only but weapons to be used against any and all that would stand in the way of humanity surviving freely.  - Maybe I got a lil into it lol but can ya blame me? i really wanna see this topic take off, because i beleive it can really help us....

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2004, 11:30:03 pm »
Following the theme of the movie, one could say it's about humans' control over their own destiny, or freedom.

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2004, 11:40:40 pm »
Will the machinists be actual machines,agents or just like us but on the other side?

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2004, 11:43:53 pm »
To my knowledge, machinists will consist of those who prefer the false world of the matrix to the real world.  To that end, they may make some kind of alliances with the machines, but don't expect them to be fighting alongside agents.  

They follow the path of Cypher (Cipher?), if that helps your perspective.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2004, 12:11:33 am »
Zionists call for not only the end of the Matrix but the end of the Machines themselves.  Until we erase our mistake of creating AI, humanity will never be free.

Machinists, on the other hand, believe that either the Matrix seems more real than the real world, or that we made AI and now we must live with it.

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2004, 12:18:30 am »
I believe strongly that Zionists embrace Freedom.

But it is something more than that.  To be a Zionist is to embrace life, to feel the pounding of the blood in your veins, to smell the aroma of mother nature and man in all their glory and all their stench, to see the beauty that is a natural rock formation, to feel the small tingle of the wind brushing against the hair on one's arm.  It is the excitement, the anxiety, the anger and the glory of man and woman.

If we cannot see and experience the wonder of the world, how can we expect to free it?

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2004, 12:30:10 am »
Cephus I think you're wrong....Zionists shudn't be calling for the end of the machines....the end of the matrix yes, end of the machines no. We need peace not more war. You saw what happened the last time humanity tried to institue prejudice against he machines. Even if we don't get wiped out, it would only turn out for the worst.

To quote the oracle ".....Believe me Neo..The only way to get there is together." So if we try and destroy them, we're going to destroy ourselves."

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2004, 12:42:50 am »
That was when everyone was still in the matrix, now that Neo saved us, we can take on the machines and 01.  The situation you describes is very similar to the world MxO takes place in.  And if you think about it, ending the matrix ends the machines.  No matrix equals no power so we are for the eventual end of the machines, period.

Anonymous

« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2004, 12:56:19 am »
I concur with Cephus.

How can Zion and Machines forge peace when the two concepts cannot co-exist? A machine is, in essence, the opposite of life, of emotion, of spontaneity.  If we can agree that those characteristics are the fundamental building blocks of our human spirit, then it is counterintuitive to suggest we ought to compromise.  Our very natures are not something with which we can forge deals.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2004, 01:10:34 am »
Do we not use machines to guarantee our survival in Zion?  Do we not use machines for transportation, communication?  We tread a very narrow path.  Do you think we really pose a threat to the machines simply by being outside of the matrix?  If they decided to end the truce right now, we would be dead before the night was done.  

Perhaps we would stand a chance if everyone in the matrix was freed at once.  Even so, the fields where they harvest our children are endless, they could plant the seeds of another matrix quickly and efficiently.  Besides we are not prepared to deal with freeing everyone at one time.  This is a gradual process.  We have neither the resources, the space, nor the population needed to pull everyone out at once.  Can you imagine the chaos?  Our brothers and sisters would parish by the millions without the machines even raising a finger.  

We have to proceed slow, or we'll never be able to end the matrix.  Once we reach this point will we decide whether we go again to war or attempt a peaceful coexistence.

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2004, 01:24:26 am »
Remember, we're fighting the AI machines, not the ones underneath Zion the Hammond talks about.  Those (like the APU's and other machanical things) do not run from the singular conscienceness that is our enemy.  AI must be destroyed and I agree that it will take time, yet we will never be able to coexist with these machines and a final result will come to pass one day.  I hope the humans are on top at that time.

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2004, 03:02:18 am »
How can they not co-exist? The reason the machines enslaved humanity in the first place is because humanity first enslaved the machines. We treated them as beings without sentience, and they rebelled against us, their slavemasters. The tide turned completely, and know they subject us to their will.

All that is needed is a lack of prejudice -- something we must admit the machines posessed first. We denied them equality, and as a result, they developed the same sort of supriority complex that we first held over them.

I would argue that our enemy is not the Matrix, nor the machines specifically. I believe it is important not to think in terms of black and white, good and evil, when looking at Man and Machine.

What is important to me is that those within the Matrix are permitted to know that the world they live within is digitally constructed. Some would prefer to stay. So be it. Some would prefer to disconnect. So be it. This is the sort of freedom I imagine.

Anonymous

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2004, 04:33:34 am »
Someone said if we could fix the sky we could achieve the ambitions of all with great reward. The sun would be a greater source of energy than humans, and it would cost less in the events of futher wars upon zion.

Anonymous

« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2004, 06:00:55 am »
I think you guys are forgetting that the Architect said that they had "other means" of power, and that they could survive without the human battery. And also we are the ones who started the war, or more specifically, the owners of B1GG3R, who treated the first of tyhe AI the completely wrong way.

Anonymous

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2004, 06:32:06 am »
Indeed, they have fusion. Humans are merely a battery to them, it seems, not the power plant itself.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 330