Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A Complete User-Friendly Guide to TeamSpeak  (Read 3506 times)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • http://followtheangel.org
A Complete User-Friendly Guide to TeamSpeak
« on: October 06, 2004, 03:39:24 pm »
If you need help getting started with TeamSpeak and/or this is your first time using it this should be a big help to getting everything running smooth.

The first thing you need is the TeamSpeak client. You can download from a a link below.

Windows Client
Linux  Client

Once you downlaod and install the program you will want to add the Furious Angels Server to the client do this by clicking on Connection -> Connect -> Local Address Book -> Right Click -> Add Server.

You now want to fill out the form on the right hand side. The following are what you should put in the boxes.

Label: What you want the server listed as in your address book or servers.
Server Address: This is very important make sure followtheangel.org is in this box.
Nickname: Input your FA name.
Allow Server to assign Nickname: Leave this unchecked.
Anonymous/Registered: If this is your first time in check Anonymous if you have been on before and are registered check registered and fill out username and password.
Auto-Reconnect: Your preference basically if you get dropped off TeamSpeak it will attempt to reconnect you.
Default Channel: Your preference of the channel you wish to join when you connect up, I set mine to the Loading Dock channel.
Leave the remaining boxes empty.

After you complete the form click connect and you should see somthing like this.

You will see channels and members who are logged in.
If this is your first time on a Server Admin (Tbone, Ratio, Eroz, Broin, or any other SA) will allow you to register.
When they assign this to you goto Self -> Register With Server.

If this is your first time on you will also want to setup your microphone and hotkey.
Goto Setting -> Sound Input/Output Settings.
You can then configure a hotkey and test it out to make sure it works.

There are also many other features which you can explore and if you ever need help just ask around for help!

Thank you I hope many can find this guide helpful!
If you think I forgot anything let me know ;)

Don't believe everything you think.

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
A Complete User-Friendly Guide to TeamSpeak
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 05:22:24 pm »
We made a few changes in the process of joining TeamSpeak. When you are a new member or even an already registered member you will be forwarded to a channel titled: Real World. Basically this is a moderated fail safe channel to prevent non-FA from hijacking the server. If you are already a member you can simplily skip this channel but putting Deafult Channel in your connection manager to Loading Dock. That way when you join you will auto forward to the main room.

This is designed for TS security in light of recent events and immaturity of other groups.

Anonymous

Adjusting Audio Properties
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2005, 04:33:33 am »
This is done through the general windows interface, so it should work for everyone. For all of you with loops and feedback...

First. Go to control panel and open "Sounds and Audio Devices" That'd be this thing here:

Go to the voice tab and verify that the correct device is selected. If you have multiple sound cards (real or emulated), you will have multiple choices. For instance, if you have on-board sound, a sound card, a bluetooth hub and a usb headset, you'll have four devices to choose from. Choose wisely. (You can run the Test Hardware wizard if you really feel like it, but it will probably mess up your settings. Your volume will be way to low on your mic and you'll probably have to turn it back up.)

Do the same thing on the audio tab. The two pages should match. There is no reason for them to be different.

Next hit the "Volume..." button under the device. This will bring up a panel that looks something like this:

Make sure that only your mic is selected. Make doubly sure that "What |_| Hear" is NOT selected. "What |_| Hear" is the number one cause of feedback. If you don't see these options, go to the options menu and hit properties. That will bring up something like this:

Check all the check boxes to add the controls. Hit "OK", go back to the window and reverify that only your mic is selected. Close that window, hit "Apply". Test your mic.

If that doesn't fix the feedback, go to the "Volume..." button under the default playback device. That will bring up something similar to this:

Go through and mute everything except wave. Check for feedback. If you still have feedback, then you have a sound recording loopback adapter enabled that's specifc to your hardware and can't be generalized. Check the documentation that came with your sound hardware. If you no longer have background noise, start demuting the inputs one by one until you find the offender. If you don't need it, leave it off. :)

Offline Lithium

• Webmaster
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2006, 07:20:13 pm »
You can now use followtheangel.org to connect to TeamSpeak now. I will need to update the pictures, they are rather... old.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2006, 02:16:33 am »
OoOo...followtheangel, eh? That's impressive...heh.

Anonymous

Re: Adjusting Audio Properties
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 03:44:17 am »
If you need instructions on installing TeamSpeak to Ubuntu-x86 or other Debian based linux running GNOME/KDE, check these instructions:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TeamSpeak

I'm still gathering info on how to install MxO via wine or Cedega. (I'm a noob)...

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 08:48:10 am »
Quote from: "Boombye"
If you need instructions on installing TeamSpeak to Ubuntu-x86 or other Debian based linux running GNOME/KDE, check these instructions:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/TeamSpeak

I'm still gathering info on how to install MxO via wine or Cedega. (I'm a noob)...

You mean Boombye might be coming back in game?! :D

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2007, 11:11:37 am »
Whoa... I had no idea there were that many ships at one point...

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2007, 11:50:33 am »
Heh I remember when we had two TS severs one regular one and one for interviews and you could always tell when there was an interview in those days because no one would be on the regular server, of course that was also when we had like a bajillion members.

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2007, 12:39:20 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
You mean Boombye might be coming back in game?! :D

It's possible.  Last time I saw him was for the Blue Sky event.  He seems to pop in at yearly intervals.  :p

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 [4]
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 33