Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Mission Recycling now considered as a Exploit  (Read 3183 times)

Anonymous

Mission Recycling now considered as a Exploit
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2005, 09:11:11 pm »
Uh ok I asked around and looked a little further into the issue. Aparently they suspended my account because I was 'recycling missions in order to get a mission close to my location' (which isn't true and they ignored me when I stated that was not my intention). The closest mission I had that spawned was about 150m away and they counted that as close enough. I also asked if my flag from the past remained and the CSR that responded wasn't even aware that the flags affected our entire faction, at the moment, no action has been taken to completely remove all of our flags, we can only get lucky by getting a CSR that is aware of the situation.

Because they didn't answer my question, I asked about the situation regarding recycling missions just to get the mission type that I want. I even went as far as giving a descriptive step by step paragraph explaining that I was a spy and wanted to get the missions that I could do and not the ones that would kill me. MxO.chafe didn't have an answer to my question... all he did was point me to the forums where walrus stated this...

MajorYoshi has the gist of it: This isn't a problem with rejecting missions that are far away, it's an abuse problem.

It turns out that there are certain locations within the game where players can continue rejecting a mission until it shows up within 5 to 20 m of their current location. No, we're not talking about getting within a reasonable 100 to 300 m range.

Some players chose a mission building in these spots, then spam the Mission system until they get the mission in the same building or maybe one building away. On certain multi-phase missions, they take the mission, abort after the first phase XP is granted, then spam the system until they get the same mission in the same building. Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

Because this is a hole in the game design we need to fix, the GMs are simply informing players that using this exploit is not acceptible. However, no one who has been told not to use this exploit should continue to do so.

No one is going to get in trouble for rejecting missions that are exceedingly far away--that is why the Mission system works the way it does. Eventually, you should be able to get a mission location within a reasonable distance. Abusing the system in ways such as I just described, however, isn't acceptible.

So in short..... I STILL don't know if what I was doing is considered right or wrong. I updated the petition to get specific but again I got this.... "Due to the speed with which new exploits can be found, and sometimes fixed, we are not able to create a list of what is and is not allowed. If you are ever unsure whether a particular action could be considered an exploit, please submit a petition and ask a CSR." (Ironic how I asked and didn't get an answer) Oh well.....

Offline Avzeke (Khr0n1k)

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2005, 10:13:28 pm »
Warning:CSRs are homing in on your location!

Topherous Jedi Sentinel
Artifice, Archaeology, Treasure Hunting

Anonymous

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2005, 01:51:33 am »
Petition attempt #4

My update

"Hi chafe, Thanks for informing me on what the exploit is about. I am very aware of the current exploit involving mission locations at the edge of a map and respawning in specific nearby buildings because the mission has no where else to branch to. I also understand recycling missions to get them below 100m for a quick mission run is an exploit as well. What I still am unsure of, is if it would be alright to recycle missions to get a specific mission you like (even if the mission was 400+ meters away). Thanks again for the clarification."

Their answer

THE MATRIX ONLINE
GUIDELINES FOR PLAYER CONDUCT

The Matrix Online game and discussion forums are provided to users by Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment Inc. ("WBIE") subject to each user's compliance with these Guidelines for Player Conduct ("GPC"), as determined by any WBIE staff members or other agents authorized by WBIE to provide services in connection with The Matrix Online Game, including employees of Warner Bros. Online, Inc., Monolith Productions, Inc. and SEGA Corporation (collectively, "WBIE Personnel"). While playing within the game world of The Matrix Online and/or using the official discussion forums for The Matrix Online, no user shall:

1. Use foul language against another user, as determined by WBIE Personnel.

2. Use sexually explicit language, as determined by WBIE Personnel.

3. Use hate speech including, but not limited to, ethnic slurs, sexual slurs and religious epithets, as determined by WBIE Personnel.

4. Harass and/or threaten other users or WBIE Personnel.

5. Use excessive "shouting" (use of all caps) or "flood/spam" (continuous posting of repetitive text).

6. Discuss and/or attempt to distribute any illegal substance including, but not limited to illegal drugs.

7. Create offensive user/character names or otherwise abuse the naming system to create any name that violates other sections of the GPC, as determined by WBIE Personnel. We reserve the right to remove or change names and/or remove entire accounts as we see fit, without warning.

8. Argue with or neglect to follow instructions of WBIE Game Masters, Moderators or other WBIE Personnel.

9. Abuse the privileges of any online petition system that may be offered by WBIE, including but not limited to spamming of reports or false reports or false reports against other users.

10. Deliberately log off or exit the game while any WBIE Personnel communicating with you to avoid disciplinary actions. This may result in a removal of gameplay privileges.

11. Hack or deliberately use game bugs or loopholes to disrupt the game and/or message boards.

12. Use flaws or loopholes in the game and/or message boards to commit fraudulent acts against other players.

13. Attempt to modify any part of The Matrix Online game client, including, but not limited to any data sent between the client and the game server.

14. Impersonate WBIE staff members, customer support personnel, developers, producers or any other WBIE Personnel, including any past or present employee of WBIE, Warner Bros. Online, Inc., Monolith Productions, Inc. or SEGA Corporation.

15. Provide false or misleading information in your registered The Matrix Online game account and/or message board details.

16. Post web links or URLs that point to content deemed lewd, vulgar or otherwise inappropriate, as determined by WBIE Personnel.

17. Violate any local, state, national or international law or regulation through the use of The Matrix Online properties.

18. Post obscene or defamatory content of any kind at any time while posting to the official online message board for The Matrix Online

Additional information about the Guidelines for Player Conduct:

* WBIE Personnel have final say on what constitutes a violation of the GPC. WBIE reserves the right to change the GPC at any time, without prior notification.
    * Any user who commits a violation of the GPC may face disciplinary action, including, but not limited to, temporary or even permanent removal of gameplay privileges, removal of inventory items, denial of key features of gameplay and removal of message board privileges.
    * All users' actions can be logged at any time in order to assist WBIE Personnel in making fair judgments during a report of a GPC violation.

The only thing I can see that might be the case is number 11. They STILL didn't answer the question... so I guess I'm just gonna be a lil paranoid tomorrow when I run missions lol. So don't mind me if you see my character looking over his shoulders constantly or witness uncontrollable shaking. :P just gimme a good slap in the face and hopefully that'll do.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2005, 03:38:01 am »
What in the world. It's not like you are flaming them or being rude. I don't understand why they won't answer your question. Is your ban time up now? Is that why they replied with the GPC? Or maybe it's a warning to shut the hell up? Man...this is a bunch of crap. I wish I could help you, but they replied to my petition saying "Because of privacy issues, we can't share with you any information regarding other players' accounts." This was after I tried to defend you in my reply.

Maybe someone realized they screwed up and are trying to cover for it. Or maybe that think you are trying to BS out of it.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 04:01:56 am »
Who knows... I didn't want to push my luck so that update was the last I made. I will tolerate this first time and just do missions the 'kick ass take names later' way for now but if it happens again I will make them answer my dang question *shakes fists* lol.

My account should be up by 1pm PST but until then my game account and my forum login has been suspended (so i have to wait to post on that 'exploitations' thread and hopefully get an answer there).

Anonymous

« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2005, 05:19:06 am »
Chafe is the one that sent out the original [not] warning and also gave back an unsatisfactory reply to my response to that [not] warning.

He must be the one in charge of this issue.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 270