Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Hardline Locations  (Read 2073 times)

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Hardline Locations
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2004, 12:05:44 pm »
Gillette, I sorta agree with ya, but I want to add my 2:

The hardline/node locations are available to us. Although most of it may have been from one person, its still information I have (for example) that I wouldn't have had if I were not in the FA.

> It is another bonus of being in a clan!

If someone is looking for a HL, and asks, then I would tell them where it is.
If someone asks for a complete listing, well quite simply I don't have time...

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Anonymous

Hardline Locations
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2004, 12:17:07 pm »
Yeah... But. The HL and AN locations are hard to find because of the NDA. When it's lifted, there will be a few hundred websites with the info a short google away. What I mean is... We know this info will be public the second the game is up. So there's really no point in protecting it because it gives us a perceived edge in beta when it could do some good as positive PR, which we occasionally need as some of us continually post negative things on the mxo boards and make us look like a bunch of elitist pricks.

It's not like I made a post with all the info or anything - but I do think that more positive can be gained from making one than it would hurt us. It's pro pro reputation for us in the community and zero pain. Aside from maybe encouraging people to spread out some and maybe, just maybe, reducing the load on the newbie region servers. It also shows we're organized and hilights just one of the bonuses of being FA to outsiders.

People who run around restricted areas without leveling are still going to get whacked by gangers. Running missions downtown at level 10 is about as much fun as masturbating with a cheese grater.

Discuss.

Anonymous

Hardline Locations
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2004, 12:41:57 pm »
Masturbating with a cheese grater...  That's quite an image you've put in my head man :-)

I'm just curious.  You say some of us keep posting negative things on the MxO boards and make us look like elitist pricks.  Who are you referring to ?

Anonymous

Hardline Locations
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2004, 04:22:57 pm »
well duh...it'd be you and tbone...of course :P lol who else would we be talking about?

Anonymous

Hardline Locations
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2004, 03:25:43 pm »
Lots of people. I'd post links, but eh. You know. Wouldn't want to pick on anyone.

Just saying anything other than carebear kudos on the forums looks bad for us.

I got accused of flaming when I told someone exactly what to do to fix their problem. They said they weren't that stupid and of course they already tried that... and then proceeded to say that doing (on their own, mind you) exactly what I said to do fixed their problem.

My point is kind of... We look bad to a lot of people with some of  the things we say. Even when we're trying to help. So looking good for a change wouldn't exactly hurt.

Posting in other people's recruitment threads is bad. cough*zink*cough*
Posting about how badly people destroy grammar and spelling is bad. *cough*redux*cough*
Posting that people should go play sesame street online is bad. *cough*lithium*cough*
Cutting and pasting faq's to hilight the fact that someone did not in fact read it is bad. *cough*gillette*cough.

I dunno. Just been more negatives on the forums recently than positives. And I mean the way they were recieved by the community and not neccesarily in the way they were intended. Text is a sloppy medium for conveying things sometimes. And a lot of the people (on the forums) should just be put out of their misery. But... It still makes us look bad. At least some people try to hide who they are when they want to bitch and don't make FA look bad (which I for one, appreciate). *cough*coredump*cough*

We all have to remember to use those happy faces to make our sarcasm seem like you weren't really trying to be mean... even if the person does sound like they go and get hit in the head with a baseball bat right before they post. :)

No. Wait. This is my point:
Everytime you post something on an account that has an FA related sig associated with it, you are representing the entire FA. Not just yourself. So. Try to keep that in mind and be nice. Regardless of how much someone deserves to be stepped on and kicked and shot and whacked about with a clue by four.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 8