Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: SWTOR is going Free to Play  (Read 7747 times)

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: SWTOR is going Free to Play
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2012, 07:00:56 am »

SWTOR is going F2P. Nothing is changing with FA and SWTOR anytime soon. So stop with the doom and gloom, and definitely get the TSW crap out of here. I understand you guys like it. Congratulations. I like SWTOR. You guys have your own forum for discussion of TSW.

To keep things on track:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=514205

Link to an interview from mmorpg.com. You can read it all directly on SWTOR.com

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2012, 08:35:43 am »
Essentially, Cartel Coins will buy a few things: actual in-game content (beyond the 1-50 experience that comes with the game now), vanity items, and convenience items (bank slots, bag slots, character slots, etc). There will be nothing you can buy with CC that will give you an advantage over other players in a competitive arena.

Tecknik wins.

There is also this:
One of the chief things Jeff and Matt expect folks to spend money on if they're not subscribed (subscribers will always receive every bit of new content, regardless of CC) are content updates.

Like I said, nothing is really changing for any of us who have been paying our subscription.  We will not have to spend any more money than we already do.

Offline Zipperqueen

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2012, 06:30:45 pm »
Quote from: "Zephic"
Just curious, what about it was like AoC? I didn't get that vibe myself, but it makes sense... same engine and all.

I think the similarities really had more to do with the graphics than the combat.  Same look, no auto-attack (that really threw me for a loop back then,) and the combo system was practically useless in PvP (to me, at least.)  Even back then, I had trouble playing the game at medium settings on a much weaker computer.
I am the character formerly known as Zipperqueen.

Offline Zipperqueen

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2012, 06:33:10 pm »
One of the chief things Jeff and Matt expect folks to spend money on if they're not subscribed (subscribers will always receive every bit of new content, regardless of CC) are content updates.

That part actually pissed me off a lot until I read it again.  Still, a lot of free-to-play people are not going to like having to pay to access new content.
I am the character formerly known as Zipperqueen.

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 03, 2012, 07:53:29 pm »
Quote from: "Zipperqueen"
I think the similarities really had more to do with the graphics than the combat.  Same look, no auto-attack (that really threw me for a loop back then,) and the combo system was practically useless in PvP (to me, at least.)  Even back then, I had trouble playing the game at medium settings on a much weaker computer.

Gotcha. Check out TSW section about patch 1.1, it may surprise you on performance now and weekend free trial this weekend, starting today if I'm not mistaken.

I won't go into more details here. I don't want to derail the thread again and offend Anamodiel. :) <3 you Ana!

As to stay somewhat on topic, I wanted to say that I'm happy to see them providing those cartel coins for paying customers. I think it's only right and it makes a lot more sense than paying per month only for the last bit of the content that others played for free to get up to. A bit of love each month to show the subscribers are appreciated goes a long way in my book.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2012, 10:26:17 pm »
Okay I'm going to nicely be "that guy" and post this.

This is not a TSW THREAD.

You have your own area of the boards, numerous threads to divide the guild.  Please post there.

Thanks

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2012, 01:38:38 am »
Quote from: "Zipperqueen"

That part actually pissed me off a lot until I read it again.  Still, a lot of free-to-play people are not going to like having to pay to access new content.

That's how DCUO does it, and it seems to work for them.

Offline ZephixLeer (Zephic)

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2012, 05:56:48 am »
Quote from: "Mharz"
Okay I'm going to nicely be "that guy" and post this.

This is not a TSW THREAD.

You have your own area of the boards, numerous threads to divide the guild.  Please post there.

Thanks

My apologies. I must say... I've always seen this as a place to talk, have fun, share opinions, and "hang out" with friends. When I hang out with friends, I tend to discuss my current favorite game a lot. Never meant to offend or poke at a sore spot.

Not trying to "divide the guild" by any stretch of the imagination. Sorry if it came across that way. The topic came up just like planetside 2 and guildwars 2 did as well.

I didn't see it how you or others saw it... but I understand where things are now and I won't mention it again in any part of the forums but the assigned area.

Again, my apologies.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online