Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Patch 1.4 PTS Patch Notes  (Read 2443 times)

Offline Kokuei

• Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Patch 1.4 PTS Patch Notes
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2012, 06:11:56 pm »
Quote from: "Stupid Devs that don't play the game"
When a player becomes immune to control due to Resolve, his Resolve meter will not start decaying until after all the current controlling effects expire (instead of decaying immediately after the immunity begins).

Wait this almost sounds good.. we won't let you be CC'd again before you actually can control yourself again.  I mean before you could be controlled and still unable to act and your resolve would start to drain away leaving you exposed to more CC.  This is actually a little step in the right direction.

Players under the effects of a control ability now build less Resolve for other control abilities that target them. The exact amount of Resolve the player builds is based on the time remaining on the ability currently controlling the player and the relative strength of that ability's effect. If two stuns of similar strength (such as Electrocute and Debilitate) target a single player at the same time, the second ability would generate very little Resolve. However, if the two effects were applied so that the duration of their effects overlapped very little, each effect would grant its full (or nearly full) Resolve to the target.

And there we go.  The idiot devs we all know and love show their faces.  Resolve is broken.  There are too many CCs in the game.  No one (except like 5 stoned guys in Kansas) like to play a video game where they spend more time controlled than actually playing.  So the Bioware devs think we should build less resolve which is the only thing we have to battle the metric ton of CCs we have to deal with.  

How completely out of touch do you have to be to even suggest a change like this?  How completely stupid do you have to be?

Reading Asshat Mcgee's blog http://www.swtor.com/blog/developer-update-class-changes-and-balance-game-update-1.4 they're concerned with people running wild after idiots spam CCs to feed them a full resolve bar.  So basically they're concerned that idiots can't CC you enough so lets make it easier to do that!  I mean hell there are so few CCs in the game right?  Oh wait, no that's some other game that people actually play.  

This guy clearly doesn't play the game.  He just changes it so that less people want to play so he doesn't have to work as hard.
A new Codex entry can be found in the Game Rules section to help players who are unfamiliar with the details of the Resolve system.

Just in case you need to catch up on how bad resolve is we'll add it to the game to for you to read and rage about after you die for the 12978th time to stun lock.

Thanks Bioware.  

No dual spec.

Yeah I'm sooo excited.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »
The mods are L63 and all bracers/belts/offhands etc that were previously unmoddable now have mods in them. The armor models are unfortunately identical to the Campaign ones, just a different color scheme. Set bonuses are also the same.

Hazmat implants costs 350 Black Hole Commendations each. Ears are not available on the vendor for some reason. Tokens for the armor I am assuming drops from HM TFB.

Here are the stats for the Light armor:

http://dulfy.net/2012/09/10/dread-guard-and-hazmat-gear-light-armor/

So glad I spent all of my Black Hole Comms RE'ing Black Hole Implants...

It would also appear that Boots are going to drop from the new encounter, as well. So, if the Nightmare Pilgrim doesn't take off, then we'll be able to get Boots with set bonus just fine.

New PVP Mainhand weapon costs another 3,425 RWZ Comms + War Hero Lightsaber.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2012, 08:18:55 pm »
I really hope these armor models are place holders.

Notice the ugly design.. http://dulfy.net/2012/09/10/swtor-patch-1-4-dread-guard-armor-model-previews/

Yep - those are the ugly Black Hole Models.  Not only are the Devs stupid but they're lazy. Make some new models.  Sheesh

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2012, 08:42:43 pm »
http://www.swtor.com/info/media/trailers/developer-dispatch-%E2%80%93-terror-beyond

New video with more footage and commentary about the new Raid.

Another puzzle! woot!

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 02:52:41 am »
Sweet fukken' balls they better have a good bit of stuff launching with 1.4 this week, Mists of Pandaria comes out that night. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 11:46:53 am »
Quote from: "Sared"
Sweet fukken' balls they better be ready to lose more players this week, Mists of Pandaria comes out that night. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Fixed that for you.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 02:11:37 pm »
Looking back on previous major updates, the majority of them have come out on Thursdays. I believe that 1.4 is also going to come out on Thursday. Between the PTS patch over the weekend, no scheduled maintenance yet for Tuesday morning, and the Thursday major updates, expect something Thursday.

Unfortunately for myself, I'll be gone from Wednesday evening-Monday evening for school stuff.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2012, 07:03:24 pm »
Quote from: "Sared"
Sweet fukken' balls they better have a good bit of stuff launching with 1.4 this week, Mists of Pandaria comes out that night. (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I know you like that new scoundrel hat!

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.