Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesday 2/12/13  (Read 8437 times)

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
Re: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesday 2/12/13
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 01:59:28 pm »
I'm with Tecknik on this one. I moved 2 weeks ago and in the process kind of lost my appetite for tor.

This gives me a reason to login and check out the new pvp zone.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2013, 03:06:45 pm »
Quote from: "Baobinga"
I'm with Tecknik on this one. I moved 2 weeks ago and in the process kind of lost my appetite for tor.

Yeah, we thought you'd be one of our raiders...

You'll at least want to grind up to "friend" with the Gree so that you gain access to the ship (I think it takes about 3 days to get that far). I'm not sure what the ship quests are, besides a world boss.

The rewards are meh. You have to grind up to Champion to unlock them, and use tokens to buy them. After doing all the missions today, I only have one of these token. I think you can get more once you get access to the ship, but if not, it would take me 18 days to get enough tokens for the lightsaber, for instance.

The new lightsaber models are cool. There is a White Scalene armor set that's right up our alley, though I'd probably only use the boots and maybe the belt. I'm not sure if all that's worth the grind to Champion, though.

There's a FFA PvP area where you'll do half your questing. This keeps it from becoming rep vs. imp zerg fest, so it works out well. The northern side is regular PvP, so the potential exists there, but none of the quests on the north side force you to fight over the same objective.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 05:05:07 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
You'll at least want to grind up to "friend" with the Gree so that you gain access to the ship (I think it takes about 3 days to get that far). I'm not sure what the ship quests are, besides a world boss.

The rewards are meh. You have to grind up to Champion to unlock them, and use tokens to buy them. After doing all the missions today, I only have one of these token. I think you can get more once you get access to the ship, but if not, it would take me 18 days to get enough tokens for the lightsaber, for instance.

The new lightsaber models are cool. There is a White Scalene armor set that's right up our alley, though I'd probably only use the boots and maybe the belt. I'm not sure if all that's worth the grind to Champion, though.

That would be 3 days assuming you did them each day.  Or, you could do it on all your alts and get it done day 1.  Yes, it's legacy wide.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 07:23:30 pm »
Quote from: "Mharz"

That would be 3 days assuming you did them each day.  Or, you could do it on all your alts and get it done day 1.  Yes, it's legacy wide.

Nice tip. Maybe I will get motivated to get my trooper to at least level 45 lol

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 08:46:23 pm »
Penalized again for not having Alts... FU WORLD!!

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Baobinga

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.soundcloud.com/djz
« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 01:23:00 am »

I forgot about the move when I signed up. Then I moved and had no internet for a while and kinda haven't been able to get back into tor.

Plus you guys would have to fully gear my toons and that's no easy task. Unless I can heal in my War Hero?

Also, I did show up that Monday night u guys wanted me to (so we can gear) and you guys were full. It was Monday and was told was supposed to be for the new raiders. Not even a Tuesday main raid and you guys were full.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 08:10:31 am »
Quote from: "Broin"
Penalized again for not having Alts... FU WORLD!!

Well, start having alts! :p

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 08:27:22 am »

I forgot about the move when I signed up. Then I moved and had no internet for a while and kinda haven't been able to get back into tor.

Plus you guys would have to fully gear my toons and that's no easy task. Unless I can heal in my War Hero?

Also, I did show up that Monday night u guys wanted me to (so we can gear) and you guys were full. It was Monday and was told was supposed to be for the new raiders. Not even a Tuesday main raid and you guys were full.

Tuesday and Wednesday are the main raid nights. There is a core raid team that is full with 8 member. Which are granted priority, because they have the best gear (Kephess progress fight) and they are the raid team that's done the content together.

There are two Alt raiders who fill in when a main raider can not make it. The would be the both us.

Don't feel bad if you show up and it's full. That's already happened to me half a dozen times, but never the less I show up early (on time) and wait for the raid to start. If it's full, great maybe well have a progressive night, if not sweet I can raid maybe get some gear and be a better Alt raider for the guild.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if we are not "Main Raiders" and if we want to raid, and will do so on a CONSISTENT basis, and I mean every week. We should still show up, because there is always a chance of getting gear for Alt raider as people have RLs and missing is inevitable, and we should always prepare for stuff like that.

Point of the post: Want to raid. Will be there every week. Show up.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:43 am »
Just to add to Strod's post.

RL happens and we all have things that pull us away from time to time.  The important thing to counter this is having a few extra people that can step in and contribute.  While I understand that no one likes playing "on the bubble" as an extra doing exactly what Strod mentioned (showing up and jumping in when a spot opens) is exactly how you become a main raider.

Not to derail the thread too much but I would encourage ANYONE who wants to raid to show up at raid time and make that known.

Back on topic...

MAX VOSS REP for the week and a few tokens I can burn for next week!

Gree rep is a grind.

Space missions tonight before raid!

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 08:59:52 am »
Well as I said before this was released, I would be willing to set aside some time each days or a certain set of days of a rotating mix of days to get this stuff done with a 4 man team. For those who want to do it, regardless of the "lame" rewards or don't have the time to do it because, RL does happen and it is priority.

Something to thing about, I'd be down to get it done every week.

Also Mharz, are the space missions able to be done by a team? If so I'll join you if you give me a time, I got a fully upgraded ship save for proton torpedoes.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 02:23:41 pm »
Quote from: "Strod"

Also Mharz, are the space missions able to be done by a team? If so I'll join you if you give me a time, I got a fully upgraded ship save for proton torpedoes.

Space missions are currently solo efforts but tips on completing them are always welcome.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesday 2/12/
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2013, 12:26:33 am »
Are there new missions on Voss? How do you get rep with them?

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesday 2
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2013, 01:29:39 am »
Are there new missions on Voss? How do you get rep with them?

They added a weekly mission terminal in the Voss-Ka cantina (the one with the bind point in it) that requires you to complete the four Heroic 4 missions on Voss.  While these missions are level 47ish you'll still be challenged to solo them.  I was able to pull it off with Mharz wearing full tank gear and Doc healing his face off but it's MUCH easier with 2-3 people.

When you complete all 4 heroics you get a couple of tokens you can use to increase Voss Rep.

One a side note, I'm working on Friend (3rd tier of rep) with Voss and Gree.  Was too lazy to try the space missions as of yet.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesd
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2013, 03:03:08 am »
How you get to Friend so quickly on Gree? I have been doing all I can find but not there yet...

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Game Update 1.7 is Tuesd
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2013, 08:23:22 am »
I kind of want to just stay in on Friday night and do some of this stuff... Ahhhh.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 73