Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Exclusive Interviews  (Read 4618 times)

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2004, 04:00:14 am »
Wow, I guess you really didnt like the massive fight with the squids, oh well.

Back on topic, BRING BETA TO ENGLAND :D:D

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2004, 04:09:04 am »
I second that statemen. (the latter one)

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2004, 05:54:18 pm »
The massive fight with the squids was breathtakingly stupid. It was a glorious battle, filled with lots and lots of extras, and absolutely no main character. At best, there were three or four secondary characters involved in that.

It was all spectacle, it was redundant, it took way too damn long, and it did absolutely nothing to further the story. Just like the battle between Neo and the hundred Smith's in Reloaded, or the battle between Morpheus and the Agent, or just that whole damn 15 minute car chase scene in general.

Spectacle, spectacle, spectacle. All style and no substance.

At least every fight scene in the Original had a very specific purpose, that meant things on many levels, and was more than just CGI and redundant sound effects.

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2004, 07:05:22 pm »
lol so u dont consider trinity beating up cops for no apparent reason...or neo running through the city for a good 20 mins? great their all spectacles but thats that keeps people watching the movies. if u have all substance and no style, ur movie isn't hitting the theatures, its going straight to VHS if that.

Zink

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2004, 09:18:03 pm »
The opening fight scene in the original movie wasn't for "no apparent reason." It was to show you what it is to be a rebel in the Matrix. It was to show you that there was something wrong with the world, that seemingly normal people could leap around across streets. And keep you confused, especially when Trinity runs for a payphone before that truck ran the whole damn thing over.

And yes, plenty of style with that as well. Style and Substance.

Neo didn't run through the streets for "a good 20 mins" either. That chase scene lasted less than five, and once again, it was a suspense mechanism. He had just killed Agent Smith, doing the impossible, but when Smith came back, it was obvious even the One wasn't about to try all that again. So he's running around looking for his exit, while in the real world, the sentinels are coming down like hell's fury on the Neb. There was plenty of point to it all. It was part of the story, and the story was strong on its own.

A 15 minute car chase scene, including a fight with an Agent, which Morpheus ends up winning, thus making Neo's accomplishments worth jack shit, has no point. It was all spectacle, and nothing else.

And you're out of your mind, Zink. I never said movies can't have style. But it shouldn't be all special effects with nothing else. By the end of the Matrix Revolutions, I found myself not feeling anything for the characters, or the story. All I felt was pissed off that the money grubbing Wachowski's threw away their movie for spectacle.

A movie can have a healthy blend of the two, but substance should always come first. Look at THE LORD OF THE RINGS. Greatest movie trilogy ever.

And anyone who says that the Matrix is a better trilogy than THE LORD OF THE RINGS should just be condemed to Hollywood Hell, because their worthless opinion ain't worth shit to any serious, intelligent movie critic.

And if my teeth seem a bit sharper than usual right now, it tends to happen when people try to argue with me while typing "u's" and "ur's" and that kind of bullshit.

'Nuff said.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #20 on: June 08, 2004, 09:38:51 pm »
Erm, please try to stay on topic. Thanks.

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2004, 09:40:29 pm »
Well since youve caused me to reform my typing habits, I will type out an intelligent reply.

Yes, the first matrix was one of the greatest science fiction movies ever. And every fight after the neo/smith fight in reloaded feels stupid and tacked on. For exmaple, the fight with the Merovingians gaurds in the "Great Hall" was a breathtaking scene, but why? Why?

But, there were shining moments in Revolutions. The sentinal when Kid gets up and closes the gate gives that scene a hero. Of course, then they add more bullcrap that ruins that shining moment. I felt when Neo got his but whooped by the Trainman made him realize that he is not a god, and prepared him for the mastery of his non-matrix powers(which I will not rant on about here).

And the big burly brawl, which although was way, waaay to over the top and overly cinematic, it was a shining plot moment for the matrix, and that was the point I thought the movie should have ended, with Neo being carried off on the platform, showing everyone that Neo was not trying to be presented as Jesus Christ, but rather as a Seraphim.

Then there were the Trinity/Morpheus parts in the movies. The rave scene in Reloaded was my least favorite movie scene of all time. The chase was a long and arduous, and there was no point. But remember, Morpheus did lose, but was saved only by dumb luck of Niobe getting there. And the night club scene was horrendus, but we got to see more of the exiles fighting. Great for developing MxO rp's and storys.

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2004, 09:51:07 pm »
If I turn my brain off I'm able to enjoy RELOADED and REVOLUTIONS.

Ironically, these days, you have to turn your brain off to play hack'n'slash'n'loot MMO's.

Sorry for being off topic.

What was the topic again?

Anonymous

Exclusive Interviews
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2004, 10:00:52 pm »
I think we were talking about those two interviews. But as we are not a very good clan of staying on topic, id say the topic is up in the air right now. Kinda like moist pizza dough.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 247