Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: "Without Me", gonna be gone for a few days!  (Read 1389 times)

Anonymous

"Without Me", gonna be gone for a few days!
« on: April 22, 2005, 07:59:42 pm »
The adrenaline is flowing. My mind is racing. My heart is pounding in a rapid tempo. I am excited!

Why am I excited you ask? Let me give ya a quick summary of what's happening in my real life.

I live in Whittier, California (about 20 mins from L.A.) and one of my friends is an actor. His manager (just a personal friend, no big scale dude) referred him to audition for a role in a short film. I tagged along and we went down to a studio on Wilshire. The director of the film saw us and gave us both a script and an hour to memorize what we could of a scene.

When he handed me a script I had mixed thoughts. Should I say, "No thanks, I'm not auditioning." Or should I take the script and my little acting training and give it a go? I was leaning towards the latter, but my friend encouraged me to give it a shot so that finalized my decision. We went back stage where we met a dozen other people auditioning. The scene consisted of two friends having an arguement, and at the end, friend A (which I was selected as) had to get emotional (thank god I didn't have to cry). It was only about 2 minutes long. My friend and I practiced for our hour and were ready to go up.

My heart was racing but it seemed to help my performance in the beginning, as I had to be energetic and angry. As we ended our skit the director (along with his assistants) stood up, pointed at me and said in a firm tone "Yes." then pointed at my friend and said "No." I didn't know what to say....... I looked at my friend and saw the sad look on his face, but eventually he got over it and is happy that I got accepted.

After the rest of the people finished up (we were one of the final groups anyways, so it didn't take long) the director handed me the full script and congratulated me.

He then explained that it was a cut budget film and I wouldn't get much out of it (I'm not a union member either......) but from the look of the script, I have a fairly important position....

The short film is titled "Without Me" and is a romantic farse about a boyfriend (Jason.... got a few of those in this faction :) ) and girlfriend (Rachel) moving to the big city. The guy does most of the work, and demands a lot out of the girl. They eventually break up and Rachel meets my character, Evan (Ironic.... shout out to Evan here! w00t!) who is a free spirited artist. The relationship between them grows and at the end, the (now) ex boyfriend finds out and basically kills my character. In the end, he goes to jail and the woman remains refined and changed from her experiences with my character. It's a film with the same formula that a bajillion other films have... with nothing that really makes it stand out, but hey... I'm not really complaining.

It obviously stars the girl (who is extremely hot and is my age, :) ) and I costar

It is low budget (won't be seeing it on TV lol, mainly just the directors attempt to materialize a list of films for his resume) and is sheduled for only 4-5 days of shooting. I am excited nonetheless. Who knows, at least it's something to add to my resume and/or portfolio.

And nothing can top it off (being in L.A. and all) better than meeting some celebs! lol after that audition my friend and I were exiting the building when we ran into Jim and Andrea Corr (if you know who they are :P I like some of their music). Turns out my friend is a big fan of them and we took our chances and approached them. Thankfully they weren't busy or anoid by us, so we kinda just talked for a couple of minutes before heading off.

So thats whats up right now with me. Which also means I won't be in game much if at all for the next few days (gotta go make T jealous :P ). It's an excellent opportunity to really see if acting is what I want to pursue.

Anonymous

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 09:59:46 pm »
Good luck

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2005, 11:28:47 pm »
Congratz!!! I love it how things like that play out.  Its the greatest feeling when something that cool falls in your lap and you grasp it.  In two years il cya in Hollywood and if i get enough recognition il put you in along with Tbone in one of my movies.  again congratz bro!!

Anonymous

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2005, 11:36:40 pm »
Awesome, dude. Congrats on the score! You should get some nice money out of it, hopefully.

Anonymous

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2005, 07:03:15 am »
Break a leg! :p

Anonymous

« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2005, 09:29:33 am »
I see a Multi Billion Doller Actor Being Created :P

Anonymous

« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2005, 09:46:44 am »
just remember who got you there, Zink..

Anonymous

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2005, 09:54:49 am »
You rule man......go go!!!...and you better be back soon!! You one of mah buddies!!!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2005, 09:56:22 am »
Don't forget us when you goto hollywood.

Anonymous

« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2005, 10:11:34 am »
I want VIP passes!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2005, 03:42:16 pm »
O_o

that's awesome dude

see if you can put a plug in the movie for us .... put an FA patch on one of your shirts or something LOL

Anonymous

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2005, 02:02:45 am »
Heheh, good call grim. Gotta pimp it where you can ;P

Seriously though, gratz man! Have a blast!

Offline Kosila

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
    • http://thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2005, 03:44:18 am »
Whoa! That's shexay! :D Don't you just love things that happen my chance? :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 257