Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A call for writers  (Read 6505 times)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: A call for writers
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2007, 11:49:30 am »
Act as though there are no limitations, I am pretty good as solving most anything in filmmaking.  The one thing in my story that definitely couldn't be done though is the fact I say my character was 13, also, it would be tough to get real characters, ie Morpheus in there, but not impossible.  So I say, write it as you'd imagine it, then I can tell you what I cannot pull off and we can tweak it together.  

Thanks Pirus, and I will be in touch when i shoot, hopefully starting next week.  I would definitely make a full movie if I had all my memory devoted to my PC side of my Mac.  But, I'm shootin for 15-30 minutes, which will be sweet.  I will not settle for so so, or mistakes, i will do it until I love every second of it.  Thus I expect it to be done in the Summer, but we shall see, I work fast when I'm into something...

Use this as motivation for your version of the story:

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2007, 12:24:40 pm »
Sorry for the double post, but it is my thread ;)

I was just thinking, and use it only if you want, another little plot idea could be that I was deleted by an agent (against the rules of the truce) and FA talk to the architect or whomever would make the decision, to get my body reinserted to once again be awakened, thus my revenge on the agent near the end is needed.  This is just a thought in response to the fact my character was lost a year ago, right after I joined FA and I had to rebuild him... keep it in mind.  Thanks guys.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2007, 12:40:04 pm »
So, could the architect have given you a kill code for that agent and/or the agent went rogue so it didnt have it's level 255 schizznit? :p

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2007, 01:01:00 pm »
Whatever the writers want to make it.  I think either way, the agent should be strong as hell cuz i want angels to help me beat him.  Think of it this way, I want that fight scene to be where our theme song kicks in, so think about those lyrics and you'll understand how I picture the fight.

Anonymous

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2007, 02:12:14 pm »
oh... almost forgot... what's you're characters name... at the very least his last name.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2007, 02:22:07 pm »
Daniel Davis, its hidden in the poster and in my first post here, i think

Offline Pirus

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2007, 07:23:28 pm »
hmmmm .... agent walks towards adad as adad backs up against the wall ( a little worried at this point)  angels suddenly drop in behind the agent and say come on adad we'll take this chump together bam wam thwop (inspired by batman lol) dead agent woot! lol ok lacks a few details but i didn't want to write that much :)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2007, 09:30:26 pm »
Hey Ven, wasn't sure when I'd see u on next so I thought I'd write you here.  I'd say the first act isn't really what im looking for as it seems to be first a story about NEO from someone else's perspective and though I wanted that touched upon, it just sounds like he'll be the protagonist, not Adad.  then, the second part is too similar to Neo's awakening.  I guess I was just looking for something more unique.

I definitely love the picture you create and all, great detail. It as easy to imagine how I'd shoot it.  you're definitely a solid writer, I would like it to be more of a unique story tho.  If you're still interested let me know if you have questions for the details still...

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2007, 10:09:44 pm »
I'll work on it... I'll tone down the neo aspect of it and make some changes.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 04, 2007, 10:12:27 pm »
Thanks man.  I enjoy the Angels following me as a bluepill, maybe play that up a bit more. I'd like to see one, perhaps T, in a mirror as I look into it, and then no one behind me...

Perhaps just use Thomas Anderson as the spark to my search.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2007, 10:38:49 pm »
The Awakening Act 1 (By Venlar)

The camera pans across Megacity downtown. A heavy rain pours down while thunder is heard in the background. As the camera pans Metacortex can be seen in the distance. The camera pans down toward the street and focuses on a Daniel Davis walking down the street in the rain. He is wearing bland work cloths and seems unphased by the rain. The camera pans out to reveal there is an angel on a rooftop looking down on him.

Daniel Davis
It's been a year now. Since they took Tom.

The camera is focused on three agents standing in the lobby of the Metacortex building in a V formation. They walk towards the elevator. The camera pans to follow them.

Daniel Davis
I wouldn't say we were close friends. But there was some unspoken connection
between us.

The camera is focused on the three agents standing in the elevator of the Metacortex building. As they ride up the lead agent checks his pistol and loads it.

Daniel Davis
They never said why they took him. Only that it was a matter of national security.
They said he was a terrorist. heh. Thomas Anderson... a terrorist...

Fade to black. Play Title Sequence and credits.

Camera focus' on Daniel Davis sitting in front of a computer. The apartment is poorly maintained and the room darkened. Only the light from the computer screen fills the room.

Daniel Davis
I always thought of myself as good with computers. Tom made me look like an ametuer.

We see a news story on the computer of a figure being taken by agents in handcuffs.

Daniel Davis
Everytime I come close to finding something concrete I end up back at square one.

We see a photograph from a tabloid of Zionites running from agents.

Daniel Davis
The only thing that's remained consistant... The Matrix. I don't know what
it is. But I'm sure as hell going to find out.

Daniels computer screen turns black. Green lettering appears saying "Hello Adad." Adad types "Who is this?" To which is replied with "Your guardian angel." Then the mysterious messenger sends "The matrix has you... find a place of angels and you will find truth." As he finishes reading the last line the screen goes black.

Outside the rain has stopped. It is now night. We see Daniel Davis standing outside his local church. The camera pans up the large structure. Daniel glimpses a figure moving through the air... too dark to make out what it was. It seems to have landed on the roof of the church. The camera shows Daniel Davis standing in the back of the church. As the camera pans around it reveals a man dressed in all white standing in front of the altar. The camera changes to the other side of the church revealing half of this mysterious man in whites face. Daniel moves towards him. He stops just behind him.

Daniel Davis
Who...

The man cuts him off.

TBone
The question is not who. But why.

Daniel hesitates for a moment and replies.

Daniel Davis
Why?

The man turns to face Daniel.

TBone
I know you Adad. I know you've always had trouble waking up. I know you
have a sinking feeling in your gut that something is wrong. You
just can't understand why. I can help you understand.

Daniel Davis
My name is Daniel Da...

Tbone
Is it?

Daniel Davis
My parents ga...

TBone
Did they?

Daniel Davis
What the hell are you getting at?

TBone
You want to know what the matrix is. I can show you. You want to know why you feel
that something is not right. I can tell you. You want to know what happened to Neo.
You can find out.

Daniel Davis
How do you know Tom?

TBone
We've... worked together. Now is the time Adad. The time to choose.

We can hear that the rain and thunder has returned outside. The camera zooms onto TBones eyes. In his glasses it can be seen he is holding out his hands. In one hand a blue pill. In the other a red pill.

TBone
Take the blue pill and you will wake up tomorrow. Disregarding tonight as a strange dream.
Take the red pill and wake up from the dream Adad.

As a loud clash of thunder is heard in the background Daniel takes the redpill. The screen fades to black.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2007, 11:18:32 pm »
I took a stab at an Act I for fun. Didn't spend very long on it, but here's what I came up with:

Rough Draft - Adad Movie

Scene: "Metacortex Office"

Adad as a bluepill is at work, doing routine things. Maybe getting ready to leave the office

Adad N: "I always hated working in an office. I felt like I was living in a cage. The more I worked, the more trapped I felt. I remember feeling envious of Thomas. Sometimes I wanted to just disappear...just like he did. I wanted to be free."

Angels are shown near Metacortex - maybe viewing Adad from an adjacent building through a window.

Tbone: "Today's the day. I think he's ready."

Angel 1: "What's so special about this guy again?"

Tbone: "He's got potential. I suppose you can't work next to Neo for three years without learning a thing or two."

Angel 2: (over phone) "He's leaving the building now."

Scene: "Outside street"

Flash of Adad walking the sidewalk. Flash of Angel 2 following.

Adad N: "I just couldn't seem to clear my mind that day..."

Adad begins to cross a street when suddenly a car speeds towards him.

Angel 2: "Dammit!"

Angel 2 rushes to save Adad, but before he can get there, Adad spots the car. In a moment that can only be described as a sudden awakening, Adad maneuvers out of harms way. From his point of view, we can see bits of code mixed in with the car and the surroundings, perhaps switching back and forth between code and regular view. Adad avoids the car but the shock of the event gets the better of him and he passes out. Darkness. Street sounds and movement.

Tbone: "What happened?! Get him inside that church!"

Scene: "Chruch"

Adad begins to regain consciousness. He is face to face with Tbone.

Angel: "We don't have much time, sir."

Tbone: "Adad? Can you hear me?"

Adad: "Adad? That's...that's my alias."

Tbone: "We wanted to do this differently, but you need to make a decision. We know you dream of being free. We can help. Are you willing to risk it all?"

Adad is either still seeing bits of code or remembers the code he saw.

Adad: "The code...I've seen it before...the Matrix."

Angel: (Adad is getting closer to waking up) "Sir..."

Tbone: "I know. Adad, we need-"

Adad: "You're Tbone. I want to be free. I feel...my mind is clearing."

Tbone: "This pill will free you, though the cost is high. This pill will-"

Before Tbone can explain, Adad takes the red pill. Tbone smiles. Intro begins.

Anonymous

« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2007, 11:30:01 pm »
nicely done TBone... btw I loved this line...
Tbone: "He's got potential. I suppose you can't work next to Neo for three years without learning a thing or two."

Maybe we should make this a collaborative effort.

Anonymous

A call for writers
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2007, 11:33:47 pm »
So here's the revised version of act 1 of the script I'm writing for those who are curious

The Awakening Act 1 revised (by venlar)

The camera pans across Megacity downtown. A heavy rain pours down while thunder is heard in the background. As the camera pans Metacortex can be seen in the distance. The camera pans down toward the street and focuses on a Daniel Davis walking down the street in the rain. He is wearing bland work cloths and seems unphased by the rain. The camera pans out to reveal there is an angel on a rooftop looking down on him.

Daniel Davis
It's been a year now. Since they took Tom.

The camera is focused on three agents standing in the lobby of the Metacortex building in a V formation. They walk towards the elevator. The camera pans to follow them.

Daniel Davis
I wouldn't say we were close friends. But there was some unspoken connection
between us.

The camera is focused on the three agents standing in the elevator of the Metacortex building. As they ride up the lead agent checks his pistol and loads it.

Daniel Davis
They never said why they took him. Only that it was a matter of national security.
They said he was a terrorist. heh. Thomas Anderson... a terrorist... I'm glad they didn't know about me.

Fade to black. Play Title Sequence and credits.

The camera focuses on daniel walking through downtown at sunset. The rain has stopped.

Daniel Davis
I've always had trouble waking up. Somehow life didn't feel worth getting up for.

The camera shows Daniel from behind looking at his reflection in a window of a building.

Daniel Davis
You might get the impression I'm suicidal or depressed. It's quite the opposite. I love life.
I  just don't feel as if I'm actually living it.

As he's looking in the window a truck/car drives by. When it passes a man in white appears staring at daniel from the middle of the road. When he turns to look at the man the man has vanished. He looks up at a scrolling electric sign. Stock market information scrolls by. In between this the sign scrolls "Adad." It continues to scroll more stock market information. The words "Follow the angel" appear.

Daniel Davis
For some time now I've suspected I'm going crazy. Maybe I am. And maybe
it's time I stopped resisting it.

Daniel continues to walk down the street. The camera pans around him revealing he's outside a church. He stops to look at the structure.

Daniel Davis whispers
Follow the angel.

The camera pans up the large structure. Daniel glimpses a figure moving through the air... too dark to make out what it was. It seems to have landed on the roof of the church. The camera shows Daniel Davis standing in the back of the church. As the camera pans around it reveals a man dressed in all white standing in front of the altar. The camera changes to the other side of the church revealing half of this mysterious man in whites face. Daniel moves towards him. He stops just behind him.

Daniel Davis
Who...

The man cuts him off.

TBone
The question is not who. But why.

Daniel hesitates for a moment and replys.

Daniel Davis
Why?

The man turns to face Daniel.

TBone
I know your name is Adad. I know you've always had trouble waking up. I know
have a sinking feeling in your gut that something is wrong. You
just can't understand why.

Daniel Davis
My name is Daniel Da...

Tbone
Is it?

Daniel Davis
My parents ga...

TBone
Did they?

Daniel Davis
What the hell are you getting at?

TBone
You want to know what the matrix is. You want to know why you feel
that something is not right. Why do you have trouble waking up in the morning?

Daniel Davis
I.. I.. don't know.

TBone
Yes you do. In the darkest corners of your mind you've always
suspected it. Now you must choose to know it.

TBone takes out a pistol and points it directly at Daniel Davis' head.

Tbone
Choose...

Daniel Davis
Are you crazy!?!

TBone
Chose now!

We can hear that the rain and thunder has returned outside. The camera zooms onto TBones eyes. We can see the reflection of the pistol pointed at Daniel Davis' head in his sunglasses.

TBone
Now!

Daniel Davis whispers
Yes.

Daniel Davis
Yes! Show...

TBone
You only need to show yourself.

A loud clash of thunder is heard as TBone fires his weapon. The muzzle flash is seen in the reflection of his sunglasses. The camera changes showing both men standing as the bullet travels across in slow motion towards Adad. As the bullet is half way to it's target the camera changes to show Adad collapse for no apparent reason. The camera the shows the bullet impact in the wall behind him. Fade to black. (might be cool to show the awakening sequence here from the tutorial... or create one of our own.)

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A call for writers
« Reply #29 on: April 05, 2007, 12:48:28 am »
When I finish the final combination, I shall post it.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
[12] 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 270