Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Goodbye from Ademaro  (Read 8603 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
Re: ???
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 10:34:59 pm »
Quote from: "ExternalError"
Good fucking riddance a leech on the guild sorry to you all who thought this guy was a good guy but from my interactions with him he was a selfish fucktard who I won't miss as he exhibited all of the traits I don't expect from an FA member so I'm glad he's gone

...Things Ex says about Fuse when he signs off for $400.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 04:03:12 am »
Good fucking riddance a leech on the guild sorry to you all who thought this guy was a good guy but from my interactions with him he was a selfish fucktard who I won't miss as he exhibited all of the traits I don't expect from an FA member so I'm glad he's gone

and comments made this way are not what i expect from someone who was a master at one point.

thought we were supposed to show some professionalism around here.

after speaking with him at length about it, im not entirely convinced either side of this case handled this well at all. and im definately not happy about either side of the fence.

speaking my mind about matters in general. When you go through the FA challenge, you have an expectation that this guild conducts its matters with a key focus. This has been FAR from the case. We raid half assed. we pvp half assed. and its not because we cant do both. its because NO ONE chooses to do either one with any real degree of more than just a passing interest around here.

I dont like raiding. (my cup was filled over in wow and watching the tutorial videos on the raids here tell me we have an expansion before i want to do more than walk through it once) So i dont. I give that open slot to someone who would actually want to raid with interest.

PVP wise its the same coin though. He and I and a select few people pvp day in and day out. we beg borrow and plead anyone to join up and on a good day we may have to tell someone the group was full. for a pvp guild that should have been an everyday thing.

And I dont blame the masters for this. They bend over backwards to try and get things to work the best they can. Tbone has even given up his chance to raid to try to make things work.

The problem lies with my fellow guildmates. none of you will shit or get off the pot when comes to doing anything with any core focus to what you want to do.

So back to some of us coming in from the challenge. we saw a hardcore guild with a core focus. what we have right now is a very casual guild that has a lot of separate interests and it pisses them off. Trash him all you want, but he was a harcore player with a focus. we didnt meet his needs and he started looking elsewhere for other guilds to fulfill that role.

cant really call him a selfish fucktard when the man almost always bent over backwards to help me out when i needed it.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 06:20:52 am »
I speak my mind my interactions with him were basically if it didnt suit him or if he didnt get anything out of it he couldnt be bothered, maybe he helped a few of you out as paitryn stated but from where I stand and my point of view his attitude was basically all me me me and that is something I don't want see in any guild member.  My opinions aside there is something to be noted from all this If you have a problem with anything we do in the guild then please raise it with a master they are all cool guys and if possible will work through your issue and try and adjust activities to suit were possible.

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 06:42:35 am »
Quote from: "Fuse"

...Things Ex says about Fuse when he signs off for $400.

Nah fuse although.. there would be alot more expletives but usually followed by the phrases "love that guy" and "awesome"

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 08:53:53 am »
Quote from: "Paitryn"

The problem lies with my fellow guildmates. none of you will shit or get off the pot when comes to doing anything with any core focus to what you want to do.

Please don't tar us all with the same brush.  We didn't all come into this guild expecting the same as you.  Nor do we all expect the same things from a guild as yourself (or indeed Ademaro).

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
Let's keep it positive folks! :)
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline jessercas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2012, 01:07:03 pm »

So back to some of us coming in from the challenge. we saw a hardcore guild with a core focus. what we have right now is a very casual guild that has a lot of separate interests and it pisses them off. Trash him all you want, but he was a harcore player with a focus. we didn't meet his needs and he started looking elsewhere for other guilds to fulfill that role.

I just want to say in response that I have heard lots of talk that many of the guild burned through PVP content very early on in the game.  Because of this they started spending time getting involved with other end game content.  This is especially true with all the dramatic changes coming down the pipe in 1.2. A lot of members really don't want to start focusing on PVP and spending time on tremendous efforts only to have to reconfigure things after the patch. Unfortunately, I feel like we are in a holding pattern with lots of people spinning their wheels just waiting for the patch so we can get super serious again; this requires patience.  That's what I think we as a group need to be focusing on, our patience while we wait for the patch and the dust to settle a little more in the game.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2012, 01:12:03 pm »
The problem with us not being serious about pvp for so long is that alot of the imperials have not been taking a break and they now pawn ass because they are a well oiled machine now. We now have our work cut out for us to catch up in both gear, communication and tactics.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2012, 01:30:25 pm »
Quote from: "Saint"
The problem with us not being serious about pvp for so long is that alot of the imperials have not been taking a break and they now pawn ass because they are a well oiled machine now. We now have our work cut out for us to catch up in both gear, communication and tactics.

There are a good number of guys that PvP boot camp every single time I'm on.  Fuse and Sared are leading the way on this pretty well I think.  I mean, not every member of the guild is a part of this but that's ok!

To say a good number of FA isn't taking PvP very serious isn't being realistic, IMO.  Also to expect that every member should put PvP over everything else isn't realistic either.  

Again, if you guys want something more or different, roll up your sleeves.  Get a conversation going on the forums, bring it up in the meeting, talk about it in TS, get people excited about doing what you want and let's get done what you want to do!
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:35 pm »
i want a box of funfetti cake can you sort that out for me ;)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #25 on: March 31, 2012, 01:38:05 pm »
We're getting a bit off topic here, but to address the PvP concerns, starting next week we're having at least three organized PvP practices a week. Even without actually PvPing, most of what we're doing is in preparation to PvP.

Until the details of the new patch were announced, BiS PvP gear was actually a combination of Battlemaster AND Rakata gear AND crit crafted gear. So, to take me for example, after I finished getting Battlemaster, I started focusing on getting Rakata pieces while simultaneously grinding up through crafting professions to get the crit crafted stuff. I also started an alt so that, one, we would have another tank for flashpoints (at the time we were low on tanks) and also to have my own Biochem crafting so that I could send my main medpacs, stims, and adrenals.

All of this was to make sure I'm as geared as possible for PvP, but it all takes time and energy spent elsewhere. My alt is still only level 30 and, in order for me to produce enough mats to maintain my PvP, I need him to be able to comfortably get around a planet that has grade 5 nodes.

I've also been focusing on things to benefit the guild, of course. Even after I got Rakata gear, I kept raiding so that the raid group wouldn't drop off. I've been focusing on Synthweaving so that we'll be able to hit the ground running with augmented gear come 1.2. Granted, as leader, I have a lot of side stuff to do, but even a regular member will have goals for their progression that may have them doing different things as they accomplish these goals.

So just because less people have been PvPing doesn't mean it isn't still a main priority for a lot of people. As pointed out earlier, it can temporarily get moved aside to focus on other things that ultimately benefit PvP (I can see the legacy system become this type of distraction as well - all class buffs?!).

We've got a lot of organized weekly PvP on the horizon, though. We'll hit it hard and be back in shape and ready for the ranked stuff in no time!

And now for something completely different: Please avoid using negative personal attacks, even in the person you are attacking is no longer in guild. Thanks.

Offline Tecknik

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2012, 02:05:02 pm »
speaking my mind about matters in general. When you go through the FA challenge, you have an expectation that this guild conducts its matters with a key focus. This has been FAR from the case. We raid half assed. we pvp half assed. and its not because we can't do both. its because NO ONE chooses to do either one with any real degree of more than just a passing interest around here.

I don't like raiding. (my cup was filled over in wow and watching the tutorial videos on the raids here tell me we have an expansion before I want to do more than walk through it once) So I don't. I give that open slot to someone who would actually want to raid with interest.

What raid group have you run with that did things "half assed"?

I'm a normal DPS in Group 1, a fill-in for Group 2 and a normal Tank in Group 3.  I leveled my Commando to 50 and joined Group 1, and then when I saw that we were lacking tanks, I leveled a Shadow to be a tank strictly for raid/flashpoint content.  As far as I know, you've never run with Group 1 and I don't think you've ever run with Group 3.

I can tell you for a fact that Group 1 works it's fucking ass off to clear raid content.  We do the best with what we've got, and only recently have had problems because a few of our members have left the guild or can no longer raid during the week.  In our current situation, we've pulled other members into the group who have just hit 50 and want to raid.  We make sure to run the content as many times as we need to get them geared enough to continue raiding.  Our core Group 1 members are mostly in Rakata gear at this point, with a mix of Columi.  Our newer Group 1 members are geared in Columi, with some Rakata thrown in.

I can also assure you that Group 2, being Tbone and Broin's group, work their ass off as well.  Probably even more so than Group 1.  They ran into the problem that Group 1 has long before we did, so they have also been trying to gear new 50s up for content.  Group 2 is also mostly Rakata, if not all Rakata at this point.

Both Group 1 and Group 2 were filled with hardcore raid members, and I can't believe I'm the first one chiming in about your errant comment.

Group 3 has always been the raid for casual raiders.  External has stated that from the very beginning.  That being said, Group 3 still doesn't do things "half assed", and blazes through raid content.  We're currently working on getting everyone geared in Columi to start doing Hard Mode raids for Rakata Gear.

So please, kindly give me some insight as to how we are doing things "half assed"?

Offline Deathsboon

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2012, 04:54:11 pm »
We raid half assed. we pvp half assed. and its not because we can't do both. its because NO ONE chooses to do either one with any real degree of more than just a passing interest around here.

ummmm ive never ONCE seen where any of your fellow angels go half assed I can count every time ive pvped we all give it our best until 0s is left on the clock and in raiding when it gets to boss fights ,pull ect we are focused and serious

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 06:42:39 pm »
Quote from: "jessercas"
I just want to say in response that I have heard lots of talk that many of the guild burned through PVP content very early on in the game.  Because of this they started spending time getting involved with other end game content.  This is especially true with all the dramatic changes coming down the pipe in 1.2. A lot of members really don't want to start focusing on PVP and spending time on tremendous efforts only to have to reconfigure things after the patch. Unfortunately, I feel like we are in a holding pattern with lots of people spinning their wheels just waiting for the patch so we can get super serious again; this requires patience.  That's what I think we as a group need to be focusing on, our patience while we wait for the patch and the dust to settle a little more in the game.

What Jess said...

I'll break it down like this...  

If you don't have the patience to persevere through the ebbs and flow then it's time to go.

When the new build comes out your gonna see me pvp'n like nobodies business.  I've slacked off on it the bast 2-3 weeks, to focus on raiding and gear and crafting, and even with that the people who are moanin' about it and claiming to be PVP'n non stop have yet to catch up to my Valor rank level.  And most of my Valor was through Warzones not the Illum debacle.  

So don't be tellin me I don't pvp or am not hard core at it.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2012, 12:39:04 am »
I guess my point was missed entirely and the ones feeling the need to defend themselves werent the ones it was directed at.

Raid groups need 10 sign ups to confirm 8. we barely get that out of our regular members. you need about 20 to do 16. its just the way it is. but we arent getting a lot of commitment out of our regular base to fill those numbers. what i mean by half assed is that we dont get enough of a commitment to do anything out of a 100 members to do anything other than events like pvp patrols or drinking nights where we have a good turnout.

"Please don't tar us all with the same brush. We didn't all come into this guild expecting the same as you. Nor do we all expect the same things from a guild as yourself (or indeed Ademaro)." you missed the line that said some of us in my statement. I didnt tar anyone with the same brush. but it isnt really about what i expect the guild to do for me. When i was interviewed a lot of it was about what I could do for the guild instead.

And T, Broin, this has nothing to do with the masters. I stated that you guys bend over backwards for us. I want my fellow guildmates that are not commiting to something to contribute in some way to the guild for it to be successful.

I feel the ones talking on this thread are the ones I thought did the most for the guild thus far (as well as a lot of others). My problem is a lof of you suffer in your chosen content because we either have a big lack of interest in doing it (being short on raid content) or we arent committing to it when we want to.

I actually feel bad about not doing raids when i could be doing them with you. but its something me and linlinn talked about before the game even released that we didnt want the kids to be ignored or ourselves for raiding. (their real father does it enough it seems). work also throws a monkey wrench in that too. while ive voiced my disfavor of raids, they arent compeletely out of the question so much as making the full commitment I feel necessary for you guys to be as far in progression as you could be right now.

I dont think people should feel im taking Ademaro's side on things. If felt he was right in doing what he did and disliked everything going on, I would be gone too. but i think FA is one of (if not the) best guilds on the server. I just want the rest of the server to see what i see.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 97