Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: DPS Scoundrel help?  (Read 2395 times)

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
DPS Scoundrel help?
« on: February 19, 2012, 12:18:55 am »
In PvP as a well geared Battlemaster Infiltration Shadow I tried to think of the classes I hate playing against... Operatives always popped up to the top of the list. (really, it's about the only class now that's a challenge 1v1 for me) So I made a Scoundrel.

So how do I piss off the assassins? I'm not looking to heal until dual spec comes out. I want to melt faces. What I've been reading so far is that DF is ok, but a lot of work can be put in to dots only to have them purged. Soooooo Scrapper it is! It's huge burst dmg that kills me...

Who has experience with this? I'm just now starting the process of understanding this class, so forgive my stupidity, but honestly it took a long while to truly become so efficient on my Shadow. I want to be effective at PvP primarily.

I'm looking at this build...Opinions?
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#701bfZGhMkdzrffzZh.1

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • Pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain
    • View Profile
Re: DPS Scoundrel help?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:02 am »
I would strongly suggest finding a way to put a point into Fight or Flight, as the healing de-buff you get can make or break you if you've got a healer in your game. Being able to vanish out for just long enough to get focus fire off of you and maybe catch a heal or two can make a big difference. You might take a look at pulling a point out of Keep Cool, as the energy dump you get from Cool Head combined with Pugnacity should keep you within a comfortable regen area.

1v1 I've found the hardest opponents to go up against to be vanguards/powertechs (too much DR), tank specced shadows/assassins (huge hp pools) smart consulars/inquisitors in general (kb, kb+stun, stun that ignores resolves, op fotm class, bitchbitchbitch etc.), and and occasionally, other scoundrels/operatives; the challenge with the latter often coming down to who can out-maneuver the other. Second to all that are healers; while we have a fair number of interrupts available to us, they can cap out a resolve bar pretty damn quick if you aren't careful.

As a general tip, I cannot emphasize how important it is to try and keep the armor pen buff from Flechette Round up as close to 100% as possible, particularly when going against the heavily-armored classes. Also, Back Blast should always be on cooldown.

FR+Shoot First+Pugnacity+Disappearing Act+Shoot First+Sucker Punch is a powerful combo, and as soon as we're able to use Cheap Shot properly, will result in a lot more bitching and crying on the forums. It should be stated however that it leaves you vulnerable in anything but a 1v1 situation, as you're putting all your chips in and barring yourself from the safety of stealth (due to the combat+stealth timer I'm sure you've experienced as a shadow).

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2012, 06:19:59 am »
Agree with Sared for the Fight or Flight.  I'd drop Stopping Power altogether.  Yes, they're imobilised, but they can still fire off their skillset, plus to activate Tendon Blast you need to be within 10m.  A short enough distance they can still use most skills on you.

That would give you the point for Fight or Flight, and an additional point for dropping in a damage increase (Holdout Defense), damage reduction (Scar Tissue) or just increasing Endurance (Brawlers Grit).  

Personally, I haven't bothered with Shifty-Eyed.

Quote from: "Sared"
FR+Shoot First+Pugnacity+Disappearing Act+Shoot First+Sucker Punch is a powerful combo

I'd also stick a Vital Shot in before popping Disappearing Act.  You have a 3% increase to bleeding targets.  Yes, it's not much, and they could purge it, but you've got to use everything you have.  They're on the floor for 1.5secs, which should give you the chance to add that into the rotation.

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 06:37:53 am »
Shifty-Eyed has valid arguments both ways. My reasoning for it is that it gives you that extra second or two of a jump on other stealth classes, which any stealther can tell you makes all the difference in the world. Likewise, with Sneaky, it can ensure that you've got the second or two before the other guy, and without Sneaky, you can put those points into other talents like Brawler's Grit.

Another important argument is K.O., simply because that 1.5 second knockdown can cost you a lot of resolve on a target, and forces you to unload on that target to make sure that initial knockdown was worth the resolve spent for that extra 1-2 free GCD's you get out of it. Counter to that is the idea that it can 'scare' your target into blowing their escape early, allowing you to take advantage of that later in the fight.

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 07:02:25 am »
Sared, you got the loadout that you were running previously?
With the reset, I'm looking to sort out the DPS on mine again.

If you can link to torhead with the loadout that would be sweeeeet.

:)

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

Offline Longboard

• RIFTER
  • Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 04:40:15 pm »
I would love an update as well for my Alt.

"It's my hokey religion, you can have your blaster!"

Offline Sared

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »
I shift points around fairly often, but I think this would be a good place to start:
http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#7010cZGhrRdzMdrRZhr.1

Offline Ketamininja

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2012, 09:02:55 am »
Thanks Sared!
Looks pretty much identical to what I had previously [based on your godliness].

I'm a total frickin rock star from mars.
C'mon bro, I got tiger blood.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online