Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA in SW:TOR  (Read 7811 times)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
FA in SW:TOR
« on: January 21, 2010, 06:05:15 pm »
So, I've been batting some ideas around in my head and decided to put pen to paper (well, y'know what I mean) and want to see what you guys think about FA in SW:TOR.

Your thoughts please!

Ideas for FA structure in SW:TOR[/u]

Hierarchy:

Tbone has changed the Sect's hierarchy as seen here

Who are the Furious Angels?

Well, I think this is something we all need to chip in for. Are we vengeance incarnate? Are we protectors of peace? Are we those who are sent in when everyone else has failed? Or are we all of these? An idea of mine is that we’re like Dan Brown’s Priory of Sion; where prominent Jedi members are actually part of FA but keep it a secret? That way we can fully integrate ourselves into the SW Universe without technically breaking canon.

Where do the Furious Angels exist?

As soon as SW:TOR was announced, one planet is particular stood out in my mind. In Ep. I The Phantom Menace, Anakin asks Padme if she is an Angel and that the Angels live on one of the Moons of Iego

If not, maybe some remote world in the outer rim territories or in the unknown regions will suffice. Hell, we could even make a planet up. Due to our Order recruiting from all professions, FA’s resources can be limitless (or near to) making it possible for us to infiltrate any organisation, feed lies and deceit amongst our enemies – using their own tactics against them – and have safe houses on every planet.

Entrance into the Furious Angels & who can join?

To this point in time, we have agreed to side with the Republic (unless I am mistaken) so this must be one requirement. Any class can join, but they are ‘knighted’ into our Order, assuming the rank of ‘Brother/Sister’ or whatever we want to call them and then progress to the rank of Knight. Like I said, this is regardless of class – even a space pirate can become a ‘Knight’.

UPDATE: Follow the Signal is in place and launched.

Proposed history of the Furious Angels.

The Furious Angels were established during the First Great Schism from which the Bogan (Dark side) was first discovered. This conflict began roughly 24,500 BBY and resulted in the Dark side users being cast out of the Jedi Order. The Furious Angels believed that to combat the growing tide of darkness, another approach was needed; so a group of Jedi consisting of the most powerful Guardians, Sentinels and Consulars decided to tread a thin line, skirting between the light and dark side but never fully falling. “To serve the light, we fight in the darkness”

After the great schism, the Angels are not heard from again until the Hundred Year Darkness. It was during this time when the Sith Order was established. All through the war, the Furious Angels earned their reputation among the Council by taking on some of the most dangerous missions of the campaign and were, ultimately, one of the key contributing factors for the victory on Corbus, thus ending the war. As quickly as they came, the Angels left.

The next recorded sighting of the Furious Angels is during the Great Hyperspace War. They are the unsung heroes of the final battle on Corusant, leading ground forces on missions into the heart of the invading army before vanishing once again.

The Furious Angels played no major part in the Third Great Schism but did play a part in the capture of Ulic Qel-Droma (with rumours that Master Vodo-Siosk Baas was indeed the Knight Commander at the time) during the Great Sith War by deploying the Wall of Light – the greatest weapon in the Jedi arsenal.

Due to a subtle disturbance in the Force, the Angels decided not to participate in the Mandalorian Warsbut instead adopted a ‘wait and see’ approach on the situation, sensing a hidden threat. After the war, instead of facing Revan’s invasion/the Jedi Civil War head on, the Angels turned their gaze to the unknown regions in an attempt to draw out the darkness hiding amongst the shadows. This darkness, unbeknowest to them was the Sith Emperor.

On 3954 BBY the Furious Angels disappeared, after the First Jedi Purge starting on Katarr, only to reappear at 3652 BBY – 1 year after the Treaty of Corusant - with a new leader and new order...

The Furious Angels and the rest of the Galaxy

Today, the question of how do the rest of the Galaxy view FA crept up on me. Are we totally hidden from the public eye or are we well known, striking fear into any wrong doer but our details are unknown and our existence is either denied or are we hunted by the Republic's law enforcement? I personally think that it'd be cool if the Republic's soldiers call us the White Knights of the Republic, cheered as we appear running to the front lines and then disappearing as quick as we appeared.

What say you?

The Furious Angels and non-Jedi

Whilst many of us will be running as Jedi, I believe that all members should be Force sensitive (since as per SW lore, the Force is present in everyone) and with their extensive training, have become one of the best in their fields of choice. For example, being the top of their class in Havoc Squad training.

Specialities in the Furious Angels

As pioneers of the Force, combat, research etc. I believe that those of us who become leaders in our fields should teach our new recruits or anyone who wishes to expand on their own abilities. I propose that we should give titles out to those who have either a) demonstrated amazing abilities in their field b) done a unique task before anyone else in the Sect or c) it fits them either as a player or in a roleplaying sense (I've always imagined Broin as a Jedi Archaeologist who has delved deeper than most into the Force's secrets and as a result has become an uber Consular).

Examples:
* Jedi Watchman - Do you feel an attachment to a planet and spend most of your time there? Maybe become a Watchman of that planet is possible; just like Kai Justiss, Watchman of Kashyyyk.
*Jedi Weapon Master - Do you possess the ability to go toe to toe with the most powerful of foes? Do you strive to hone your Lightsaber technique? As you advance, maybe you'll wish to teach others and become a Battle Master?
*Jedi Shadow - Do you actively search for the symptoms of the Dark Side restlessly? Do you strike first and ask questions later?

Just an idea...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2010, 06:19:03 pm »
I clicked on the Iego link. It fits perfectly with us. The mythology of it, the mystery, the rumors...very good stuff. Half of our backstory could be like the rumors of this planet and its moons - there's a sort of uncertainty as to how much of it is true and how much of it is tales past on from generation from generation.

Very good stuff, Subb!

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2010, 06:40:47 pm »
Maybe instead of decided not to particiapte something like... Were drawn away from the conflict... Lead elsewhere by the force.  Something like we knew that the conflict would eventually end the way it did and that there would come a time when a stronger more dedicated group of jedi's in the force were needed which is why we went away to perfect our use of the force.  Or some such.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Adad

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2010, 07:25:18 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
I clicked on the Iego link. It fits perfectly with us. The mythology of it, the mystery, the rumors...very good stuff. Half of our backstory could be like the rumors of this planet and its moons - there's a sort of uncertainty as to how much of it is true and how much of it is tales past on from generation from generation.

Very good stuff, Subb!

I particularly love this part as well.  We would be like the Diathim from Iego, perfect! Nice call Subbeh!

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2010, 02:31:17 am »
A smile ran across my face after reading this, Subb. I think you have out done yourself, awesome job.

Furious since 2006.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2010, 03:36:32 am »
I think you are a noob. Well done old chap. I agree with the broin on the way to present our non participation.

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2010, 09:15:16 am »
nice job...

I like the “To serve the light, we fight in the darkness” tag better than "Vengeance Incarnate"... Love the description of Iego - it's perfect for us. Only downside is that it may restrict us to using canon moreso than if we were just "out there" somewhere else we create. I also agree with Broin that we should not show a willing decision to avoid conflict, but instead give a reason (even if vauge) that we were needed elsewhere.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2010, 02:24:55 pm »
Updated it slightly. Thanks for the input!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2010, 03:39:50 pm »
I know my opinion doesn't have as much weight as the rest of you since I am new, but in my opinion everything is great besides the Hierarchy. It just doesn't flow or fit, though the brother/sister thing does. Maybe use Grandmaster instead of knight commander or something like that. I would look to medieval orders for inspiration on it.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2010, 05:20:21 pm »
Recruitment idea included.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2010, 06:05:25 pm »
Act I

An idea I'm thinking of is that the potential is aboard a ship - most likely a crew member. It's a first person view of looking out of the ship into space. Suddenly alarms go off and perhaps on board meters go haywire. Think of a Bermuda Triangle effect.

Crew Member 1: "What's going on?? These meters aren't making any sense."
Crew Member 2: "We've lost control of the ship!"

A fog or storm of some sort appears in space, temporarily blocking our view.

Crew Member 1: "Look out there! What is that?"

The fog clears and we see the planet Iego with several moons in view.

Crew Member 2: "Where did that come from?"

A loud ominous noise begins. The border of the screen begins to glow.

Crew Member 1: "What the... Hey! Watch out! You're...glowing..."

Two hands come up at the bottom - you're hands. They are glowing.

The glow gets brighter and begins to engulf the entire screen as we hear fading

Crew Member 2: "Quick, get the captain in here!"

Act II

This part I still need to flesh out. The potential may be blindfolded like in our Darkfall one or could be in some weird, glowing place.

What we discover is that you, the potential, is a lost decedent of the Angels (or whatever they are called). Dialogue would be something like "I'm sure your mother told you tales of Iego and its a thousand moons. Many have heard of this place, but very few know that it is REAL." Tbone has sought you out because it is believed that you are ready to embrace your destiny and become one of the Furious Angels. FA history is briefly explained here as well. You must pass the trials to earn a rank, however.

Trials will be based in knowledge, the force, and physical prowess. If the potential is blindfolded, I was thinking of a "sound effect" light saber fight, meaning the potential is fighting blindfolded. There can even be prompts like "dodge left, dodge right, strike left, strike right". No wrong answer, but makes the user feel like they are doing something.

If they pass the trials, they are then given the choice. Embrace your destiny and join the Angels or be sent back to your ship and face whatever that means.

Still fleshing it out, but something like that...

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2010, 06:41:06 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Act I

Trials will be based in knowledge, the force, and physical prowess. If the potential is blindfolded, I was thinking of a "sound effect" light saber fight, meaning the potential is fighting blindfolded. There can even be prompts like "dodge left, dodge right, strike left, strike right". No wrong answer, but makes the user feel like they are doing something.

If they pass the trials, they are then given the choice. Embrace your destiny and join the Angels or be sent back to your ship and face whatever that means.

Still fleshing it out, but something like that...

what if they cant use the force? example: trooper

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2010, 06:54:42 pm »
Hmm, that's a good point. We could ask them which weapon they feel comfortable with (gun, lightsaber, or no weapon *power from within*). Based on that answer, the combat sequence would be a bit different (i.e. Shoot these three targets blindfolded).

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2010, 04:25:18 am »
I like it. Maybe a few general knowledge questions based on Jedi/Sith lore? Ala KOTOR2's Sith Academy trials.

Offline Reaper

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2010, 04:29:28 am »
Good use of the Noggin :)

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11