Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA in SW:TOR  (Read 7812 times)

Offline Orphaeus

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://immortalconflict.proboards.com/index.cgi
FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2010, 03:58:10 pm »
I'm loving everything Subb pitched, no arguments from me.

My one qualm is about Tone's recruitment thing. I liked the one we used for Darkfall specifically because of the riddles we threw in there. I'm not against the little minigame idea, just as long as it does not overpower or drown out the knowledge portion. I would insist that the riddles take as much time, if not more, to solve than the ones we used for Darkfall, and I'm only against the other stuff if it forces us to water down the quiz.

Furious since January 11, 2009

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2010, 04:53:18 pm »
I've been brainstorming ideas about the narrative for Tbone's recruitment idea. So, here we go:

ACT I:
[When Iego is seen out of the windown]"I... Iego?" [This is the only thing to click on to continue the video. It gives the initiate the sense that they're part of the story.Then the player is engulfed by the 'glow']

ACT II:
Tbone: "This planet chooses us, it's a beacon for all of those like us; descended from the Angels. You recognized it, didn't you not? You remember your Mother's tales of Iego and its thousand moons - many people know the legends, few know the truth."
         : "We are the Furious Angels, founded over twenty millennia ago during the first great schism." [Images of battles flash through the narrative] "Our identities are kept secret," [Maybe images of iconic Jedi and other Soldiers flash to show that those who are part of SW canon were secretly members of our order] "To serve the light, we fight in the darkness" [Flashes of dark side powers] "Remember that"
*Foot steps and if the initiate is a Jedi a lightsaber is heard igniting*
         : "Show me" < If initiate is Jedi.
         : "I hear you're quite the marksman" [A 'clunk' is played as if Tbone thrusts a blaster into the initiate's hand] "Show me" <If initiate is a Smuggler or Trooper.

Just a thought :)

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2010, 06:09:21 pm »
I really like that Subb

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Heironymus

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/Inner_Fatman
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 01:07:34 am »
Agreed.. All of the above

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2010, 03:01:54 pm »
I think some of that should go in the final act, Subb, after the initiate has completed the tests. But maybe it is necessary to reveal all of that early on so that the person knows what the hell is going on...

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2010, 10:06:41 pm »
Ok I did a lot of research on the star wars ranks and think that the a modified version of the jedi order's ranks would fit best.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 23, 2010, 12:14:33 pm »
I've been doing some more research, will load it up around Easter time for you all to have a looksie.

Stay tuned, folks!

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 23, 2010, 10:37:07 pm »
Sweet!! Cant wait!

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 13, 2010, 04:15:47 pm »
UPDATED with ideas.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2010, 09:13:09 pm »
Subb, can you highlight the updates you added so we can tell your most recent ideas from those previous.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2010, 03:42:10 am »
Quote from: "Subb"

The Furious Angels and the rest of the Galaxy

Today, the question of how do the rest of the Galaxy view FA crept up on me. Are we totally hidden from the public eye or are we well known, striking fear into any wrong doer but our details are unknown and our existence is either denied or are we hunted by the Republic's law enforcement? I personally think that it'd be cool if the Republic's soldiers call us the White Knights of the Republic, cheered as we appear running to the front lines and then disappearing as quick as we appeared.

What say you?

The Furious Angels and non-Jedi

Whilst many of us will be running as Jedi, I believe that all members should be Force sensitive (since as per SW lore, the Force is present in everyone) and with their extensive training, have become one of the best in their fields of choice. For example, being the top of their class in Havoc Squad training.

Specialities in the Furious Angels

As pioneers of the Force, combat, research etc. I believe that those of us who become leaders in our fields should teach our new recruits or anyone who wishes to expand on their own abilities. I propose that we should give titles out to those who have either a) demonstrated amazing abilities in their field b) done a unique task before anyone else in the Sect or c) it fits them either as a player or in a roleplaying sense (I've always imagined Broin as a Jedi Archaeologist who has delved deeper than most into the Force's secrets and as a result has become an uber Consular).

Examples:
* Jedi Watchman - Do you feel an attachment to a planet and spend most of your time there? Maybe become a Watchman of that planet is possible; just like Kai Justiss, Watchman of Kashyyyk.
*Jedi Weapon Master - Do you possess the ability to go toe to toe with the most powerful of foes? Do you strive to hone your Lightsaber technique? As you advance, maybe you'll wish to teach others and become a Battle Master?
*Jedi Shadow - Do you actively search for the symptoms of the Dark Side restlessly? Do you strike first and ask questions later?

Just an idea...

UPDATED (and quoted as per 'togi's request.)

Offline Enoch

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2010, 12:17:28 am »
Hey guys, just wondering if you've seen this Featurette. It's from the creators of Clone Wars regarding the episode set on Iago, home of... well, us.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2010, 02:08:50 am »
Yeah, I've seen it. We're mostly ignoring it. Keeping it original. Plus there are thousands of years between the Iego in Clone Wars and our Iego.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2010, 04:45:40 pm »
Ok well last night I did some research on the inhabitants of Iego and it actually turns out that the Angels that Iego is famous for aren't originally from Iego. They are considered Immigrated species. There is also another native species from Iego that is extremely close in appearance and even considered more beautiful then the Angels. This species Is called Demons and they get the name from there feeding habits. They live below Iego's surface and at night come topside to prey on those beings who have become stranded on the planets surface.

Just thought I'd share this info.

Offline Aerosian

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://www.facebook.com/jonathan.marinaro
« Reply #29 on: August 30, 2010, 10:20:08 pm »
I do love the lore Subb. I'll see what I can do for blaster shots and lightsaber crackles Yotogi.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 327