Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: FA in SW:TOR  (Read 7809 times)

Offline Anathamas

• Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 11:48:43 am »
Fantastic stuff man. Let me know if you guys need any extra voice samples or whatnot.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2011, 07:32:12 am »
Right. I aim to flesh this out during Easter time.

In the mean time I have a 20,000 word research proposal, 2,500 word quality paper and 2,000 word case report to do.

... and I'm currently procrastinating the shit out of Jesus.

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
More Questions
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2011, 06:11:30 pm »
So, I see this thread was used a lot for what eventually became the recruitment process, which is kinda cool to see the ideas flitting about as they took shape, but there were some other things that have been on my mind.

I'm big on writing, and building out depth for characters and ideas, so naturally I'm curious on how the rest of the galaxy views FA. I'm also really interested on the internal build of the organization, since it's very elite, and very small in number. Organization, rules, relationship with the dark-side, and how the group deals with it's flirtatious nature with the wicked side of the force... all are things that I'm interested in.

This particular Sith invasion seems to be particularly nasty, and perhaps the Angels are really taking a step up for this one, leading from the front as combat-generals and inspiring the troops onward. Or maybe it's even more reason to remain reclusive, striking suddenly and violently, to keep the enemy confused and off-kilter. Maybe all of the above, just the secret organization remains in the background the entire time. Sometimes my brain gets a real Secret Society sort of vibe going through it, which seems interesting, but I feel the connection with the Force, and the almost... not religious or spiritual but... righteous(?) sort of feel to the group really sets it firmly on a brighter path.

Besides... fate seems like a cooler reason than 'Illuminati with Lightsabers'.

Another big question is how the Jedi Council views the FA. Do they know about it? Surely there's a member or two close to the Council. Perhaps the Jedi fear a schism within their own ranks? Or there's a rumor of manipulation behind the scenes? Maybe the opposite, and the Council both knows about and applauds the machinations of FA.

Just some ideas. I didn't want to get elbow-deep in a story only for someone to thwap me and go, "Oi! That's all wrong!"

So it can't hurt to ask.
"Judge me if you want, we're all going to die... I intend to deserve it."

Offline Winter

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Re: More Questions
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2011, 08:08:59 pm »
I really like the quesitons you pose.  I've had some thougts on this one myself just been too wrapped up in school/work to really pen it down.  I recall that in Jedi history there was a secret shadow organization known as the Jedi Covenant.  I'm not sure if the timing syncs up, but I wondered if FA was somehow linked with them if timing does work.  Regardless I've definately gotten the "feeling" that the Angels arise during periods of great asymmetry in the Force.  The upcoming War being one of them.

I'm all for getting elbow deep in culture for no reason :)

-----
Insert OMFG-Epic sig here

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2011, 08:39:19 pm »
Well, I've actually been working on and off on a history of the Furious Angels, running it by Tbone periodically to make sure I'm not going completely off the rails.  If it's ok to put up a (very) incomplete writing project up for all to see, I can start a new post in this section with the history written so far.

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
FA in SW:TOR
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, 08:48:16 pm »
That would be wicked. I'd love to have a place to toss out ideas to be kicked around and dissected by everyone else. It's the best way to really make progress to me. Hence why I figured this was a good place to start asking the questions!

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2011, 09:47:43 pm »
Starts own faction and calls it "Illuminati with Lightsabers"

Oh and I just checked, the domain name IS available...sweet.

LOL

On a more serious note I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Dration

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 12:15:19 am »
I think after tonight's conversation we have a TON of useful information to run with. So I'm looking forward to getting this up for everyone to see.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 10:16:39 am »
Quote from: "Keeloth"
Well, I've actually been working on and off on a history of the Furious Angels, running it by Tbone periodically to make sure I'm not going completely off the rails.  If it's ok to put up a (very) incomplete writing project up for all to see, I can start a new post in this section with the history written so far.

Sure, I think we should start sharing this.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 12:18:08 pm »
I'm free from the 8th of April, so Keeloth if you need a hand I'll be more than happy to help flesh out ideas.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 01:44:04 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Quote from: "Keeloth"

Sure, I think we should start sharing this.

Awesome!  I'll post it up :)

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2011, 01:44:16 am »
Some links I ran through which might provide some useful background story...
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Iego
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Diathim

As a new recruit that just "Followed the signal" I can say the experience was super.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 347