Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Morality and you?  (Read 6102 times)

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Morality and you?
« on: January 02, 2011, 01:42:51 pm »
So the topic of this thread is going to be morality and you, more specifically how it will affect your character and gameplay. This whole thread is going to be based off of deductive reasoning and could be 100% wrong, also none of this has been revealed.

So to start out I'm going to cover the 3 possible sides of the morality that you could possibly follow.

I guess we will start out with the iconic  light/good. In my opinion we can perceive this as holding the defensive, buffing, and healing abilities. So this may be the route for healers/buffers/Tanks? to go.

Next I guess we have gray/neutral if they even implement it. From this we could see abilities such as a roar from a guardian that bolsters allies while debuffing the target.  These abilities would be some where in between defensive and offensive.

Last but not least we have darkside/bad. They are most likely the opposite of light side. Their abilities will most likely be offensive, debuffing type abilities. DPS may want to go this route.

So I want to know what route you are going to go and why, also what do you think it is going to have instore for you?

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Morality and you?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 05:29:29 pm »
I think I'm going to play a mostly light/moral person, and that plays well into my healing/buffing persona that I'd like to play.

Of course, nothing is ever totally black/white, so there's definitely some gray lines that I'll be walking.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 05:41:08 pm »
true dat! ive seen on some videos that everything changes depending on your decision... so i think im going for light decisions... however... it all depends, the gray option fits my rp i guess... so im going for a mix between the two.

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 07:31:21 pm »
Will morality even matter for non-force users?

I'd say Smugglers would be the ultimate in moral ambiguity.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 07:47:23 pm »
Smugglers and BH will just do what ever works better for their interests and Trooper and Imperial Agents have to take orders so i dunno if their morality matters :S

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 08:22:49 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Will morality even matter for non-force users?

I'd say Smugglers would be the ultimate in moral ambiguity.

Maybe they haven't stated that it wouldn't, so I'm just going to assume it will until we get more info.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 10:39:42 pm »
Honestly, it'll probably depend on what abilities unlock depending on which direction you go. I don't think I could make myself play too dark, even if the abilities are better suited towards me.

In terms of personal RP, I'm good but make tough decisions, often times circumventing the Jedi Council since we are operating our own organization.

Offline Venlar

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 11:51:02 pm »
I always have a tendency to play a DPS character but a paragon morally. For example my character in Dragon Age is a Berserker which by technicality is an evil class but I continually make the right moral choices in the game. I have a very ying yang thing going on. =p

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2011, 10:54:26 am »
I've always walked the line of good/bad. I love being mysterious and part of that is being very close with the enemy. I've always been very friendly with reds, with the understanding that if provoked, they would pay dearly for it.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2011, 11:21:22 am »
Proverb:  To make a good omelette you have to break a few eggs...

Meaning: In order to achieve something, it is inevitable and necessary that something should be destroyed.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts right there.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2011, 11:41:17 am »
Quote from: "Yotogi"
Proverb:  To make a good omelette you have to break a few eggs...

Meaning: In order to achieve something, it is inevitable and necessary that something should be destroyed.

That pretty much sums up my thoughts right there.

Amen to that.

I was thinking that Smugglers and Bounty Hunters are essentially the same character.  The only difference being who they work for.  Any loyalty they pledge is dubious and temporary, and they're both just trying to earn some quick cash.  Everything is a means to their own ends.

I suppose Bounty Hunters are more willing to kill for their cash.  But I wouldn't put it past a Smuggler to off someone who gets in their way.  Hell, even light-side Jedi are willing to kill if the situation calls for it.  Was it morally right for Luke to kill over a million people (many of whom were innocent civilians contracted by the Empire) when he blew up the Death Star?

Can there really ever be a true "light" or "dark" Jedi?  What does that even mean?  And who in the SW universe determines what constitutes "light" and "dark" anyway?  All anyone is ever trying to do is survive, which is a concept that is in no way inherently good or bad.

Now my brain hurts!

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2011, 12:23:57 pm »
Smugglers I've always seen as having a line they wouldn't cross, while Bounty Hunters don't.

That is a generalisation and obviously couldn't apply to both.

I'm going along the lines that Smugglers have a set of standards/codes/rules that they'll abide by.  There being a level they wouldn't go across because they find it abhorrent or below the belt.  Nevertheless, that line has a tendency to become fuzzy when the heat is on and a big payday is waiting.

I think I see myself having a set of morals.  Granted a set far lower than the Jedi and Troopers out there, but there being a set to go by.  But, if push came to shove, I guess I'd make some decisions I'd regret in the future if it preserved my present.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 03, 2011, 03:45:03 pm »
My character will be going darkside, but maybe not 100% dark. It fits in with his rp as he is extremely jaded and his morals are corrupted. Now this doesn't mean he likes the sith or is even neutral towards them. Quite frankly he would see to it that every last one was dead.  

Gameplay wise since we are pvp heavy I wanted to give my character a little extra firepower. Also I think light may be more pve focused when it comes to a vanguard, so I didn't want to get any useless abilities.

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2011, 05:08:39 pm »
For me... there actually isint any "Good/Bad" or "Right/Wrong" any more than a point of view... for a sith it is good to kill people and rely on the power of the dark side to get even more power...

But, since there really is a point of view... and that is, the developers trying to make a General Point of View reflecting the Star Wars Universe, i guess i will have to go down the good path unless i find some really annoying npc/quest or anything else i CBF with... then ill go the neutral or the mean way

Offline Valkyris

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 01:12:06 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Honestly, it'll probably depend on what abilities unlock depending on which direction you go. I don't think I could make myself play too dark, even if the abilities are better suited towards me.

In terms of personal RP, I'm good but make tough decisions, often times circumventing the Jedi Council since we are operating our own organization.

I'm with you in more ways than one, especially the later comment.  The only way I would ever get darkside points, is if they give them for going against the council, for the better of everyone, including the council itself. I hope to be miraluka, and by way of that, see the world as it "truly" is, lending toward a search for knowledge, which may lead me to make difficult choices, but always for good, never for evil... thats a rant if i ever saw one lol.... lets just say I like Qui-Gon....

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 324