Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Morality and you?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
Re: Morality and you?
« Reply #15 on: January 11, 2011, 03:31:58 pm »
Jinn wasnt Miraluka  :)

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 11, 2011, 09:00:27 pm »
I'm curious to know what FA's stance on things like romance will be.  While marriage in this time period is occasionally permitted by the Council, it's still pretty much verboten and there is a quest where you turn in a Jedi couple and get awarded Light side points for it.  If that's anything like common, I'm going to have a lot of grey.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2011, 09:37:11 pm »
The jedi counsel doesn't prohibit marriage. The potential husband and wife must just convince the counsel that they love each other no more than the person next to them. Marriage in the order is seen as a way of preserving force bloodlines.Two jedi strong in the force may marry to preserve their force bloodline. If they would have a kid they would be intern populating the world with another strong jedi. Marriage was also seen as something that could make some one fall to the dark side.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2011, 09:44:09 pm »
Quote from: "Keeloth"
I'm curious to know what FA's stance on things like romance will be.

Tbone gets first pick!

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2011, 09:48:06 pm »
Actually... I think the Order prohibited Jedis to marry because having 2 strong jedis marry and having a kid... then that kid would have even more super powers and become a threat to the balance in the force... Althou at the time of the Old Republic... Its not THAT forbidden and it is not until couple of thousands more years that it really becomes a taboo within the jedi ranks to marry.

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Morality and you?
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:04 pm »
Seriously... he's not kidding.  Tbone has issued the right of Primo Nocta for himself.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Morality and you?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2011, 10:42:34 pm »
This is why I could never RP as a Jedi. All these rules and orders telling you what you can't or mustn't do. Are Jedi not allowed to be happy or something? Is every Jedi supposed to be as cold and unfeeling as stone?

It seems like everything, even love for fuck's sake, is somehow a temptation to the dark side. Are Jedi not allowed to enjoy the simple things in life? Maybe play a few rounds of basketball? Will the winners risk feeling a sense of pride, thus leading to arrogance, thus leading to the dark side? Or will the losers risk feeling jealousy, thus leading to vengeance, thus leading to the dark side? Will the spectators place bets on the game? I'm sure the Jedi Council forbids gambling because it leads to greed which leads to the dark side.

It seems being a Jedi means having to constantly walk on egg shells to ensure that you aren't tempted by the dark side. As if your conscience is so thin and so fragile that any minor deviation from your Jedi training will prove disastrous for you and everyone around you.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Morality and you?
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2011, 10:49:56 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

It seems like everything, even love for fuck's sake, is somehow a temptation to the dark side.

Love = Herpes = Discomfort = DARK SIDE

Quote from: "Manicvelocity"
Maybe play a few rounds of basketball? Will the winners risk feeling a sense of pride, thus leading to arrogance, thus leading to the dark side? Or will the losers risk feeling jealousy, thus leading to vengeance, thus leading to the dark side? Will the spectators place bets on the game? I'm sure the Jedi Council forbids gambling because it leads to greed which leads to the dark side.

I'm pretty sure being force-sensitive just means being bi-polar

Quote from: "Manicvelocity"
It seems being a Jedi means having to constantly walk on egg shells to ensure that you aren't tempted by the dark side.

No walking on egg shells because

Egg shells = mess = disappointment = anger = DARK SIDE!!

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Morality and you?
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2011, 11:02:36 pm »
It seems being a Jedi means having to constantly walk on egg shells to ensure that you aren't tempted by the dark side. As if your conscience is so thin and so fragile that any minor deviation from your Jedi training will prove disastrous for you and everyone around you.

I think that the Order can certainly be like this under certain Councils, but I believe there are other Councils that are more understanding on the subject.  Regardless, it'll be fun to thumb my nose at the Council...maybe even disconnect them mid-transmission.

Offline Venlar

• Warrior
    • View Profile
Morality and you?
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2011, 04:36:16 pm »
This is why I could never RP as a Jedi. All these rules and orders telling you what you can't or mustn't do. Are Jedi not allowed to be happy or something? Is every Jedi supposed to be as cold and unfeeling as stone?

It seems like everything, even love for fuck's sake, is somehow a temptation to the dark side. Are Jedi not allowed to enjoy the simple things in life? Maybe play a few rounds of basketball? Will the winners risk feeling a sense of pride, thus leading to arrogance, thus leading to the dark side? Or will the losers risk feeling jealousy, thus leading to vengeance, thus leading to the dark side? Will the spectators place bets on the game? I'm sure the Jedi Council forbids gambling because it leads to greed which leads to the dark side.

You underestimate the power of the dark side... which = killing Samuel L. Jackson!

Offline Arawn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Morality and you?
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2011, 04:46:42 pm »
Anakin got him killed... which could make one think that the Light Side killed him not the other way around...

He was always jedi, a very corrupted one... but a jedi nontheless, not a Sith.

Thoughts?

If I had the source code... Life would be easier.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
Morality and you?
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2011, 05:51:12 pm »
Quote from: "Venlar"
You underestimate the power of the dark side... which = killing Samuel L. Jackson!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-isAmaVbsM

Apparently these forums don't want me to embed youtube videos.  :\

Offline JazzyC

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:37 am »
Quote from: "Keeloth"
While marriage in this time period is occasionally permitted by the Council, it's still pretty much verboten and there is a quest where you turn in a Jedi couple and get awarded Light side points for it.

I just wanted to add to this after reading a little preview in PC Gamer UK this month.  I would consider this a Spoiler if you don't like reading about these quests beforehand.

/Spoiler (Highlight to reveal)
You can talk to the couple and they offer you a lightsaber crystal if you don't turn them in.  Thus, you can lie to the council and say you broke them up (don't know whether that gives you dark points or whatever).  But it doesn't stop there.  On returning to the couple you can lecture them on whether their studies are more important or whether they truly do love each other.  And you can also opt to decline the crystal should you so choose.  (I guess the basis for that is you weren't doing for your own benefit).
/Spoiler end

Offline Phienyx

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2011, 07:25:53 pm »
My character would be more of the aggressive offense type by nature and training, being a former imperial spec ops trooper.  However his jedi training has given him a balance he didn't have previously.

We're Angels, not saints.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 03, 2011, 08:40:17 pm »
Quote from: "Phienyx"
My character would be more of the aggressive offense type by nature and training, being a former imperial spec ops trooper.  However his jedi training has given him a balance he didn't have previously.

Hmm...very interesting I cant wait to read your character backstory.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 323