Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: TOR PVP info  (Read 4692 times)

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
TOR PVP info
« on: May 05, 2011, 01:09:41 pm »
Epic articles going into more detail on pvp.
Darth Hater
IGN
G4
Mos Eisley radio
TOROcast

Some keypoints :

- They are able to "guard" their allies. Building up their defense, avoidance, etc. is not going to be lost in a PvP situation. They'll be able to shift whatever kind of damage absorption they have onto their buddy.

- If I taunt a player, they are going to do less damage to everyone except for me

- So we have a Resolve bar. As players get hit in PvP with crowd control, their Resolve builds up. Once they have their Resolve bar maxed out, when they are hit in PvP with crowd control, they are immune

my white walls in my house are now red, due to my mind being blown....
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
Re: TOR PVP info
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:25:13 pm »
Dang! This game is going to be epic,  I dont think Ill have a life anymore once we start playing this thing.

Offline Kidney

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2011, 01:40:35 pm »
Thats really funny. Didn't even look to see if someone else had started a thread. I was to excited to kill Sith scumdogs!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2011, 01:43:09 pm »
the bits on matchmaking also made my do my O face

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2011, 07:42:52 pm »
You should make the op into a massive compilation or I can do it in the fan site compilation thread.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 08:37:33 pm »
shoot the links/info u want added and ill keep it updated

/guard on rag

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 08:40:12 pm »
I have had my criticisms of The Old Republic in the past, but BioWare has set up what I perceive to be one of the most well conceived and rewarding PvP systems regardless of how you want to play your character.

-IGN

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 10:39:56 pm »
A lot of that is stuff from WAR's PvP/  Which was thoroughly enjoyable, so I'm glad to see it.  If this game actually manages balance, especially in the matchingmaking system, it will be AWESOME.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2011, 06:52:18 am »
also good to see diminishing returns in for CC devices. and that they brought in WARs Tank spec uses for PVP. that alone will blow WoWs pvp system out of the water in terms of teamwork and abilities.

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:09:05 pm »
not to mention it allows people like myself who want to tank in PVE environments able to easily contribute in pvp scenarios without the hefty respec fees or having to get a totally different gear set. Taking applications to be guard target whore =D

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 07:01:54 pm »
i dont like the powerups concept. may as well have spinning mid air guns hanging around while we are at it.

from the sounds of it the alderaan warzone will take approx 2 mins to take down the opposing ship if you hold all 3 points. (thats from when you capture all 3). this means fights can be very fast and abrupt or worst case 6 minutes if only one turret is captured and the other two never get taken by anyone. (extremely rare) this doesnt account for not holding anything and your enemy having it at times, but 10 minutes would seem to be a reaonable max time spent in the map.

this is much better than WoW battlegrounds, where Warsong Gultch could last indefinately, and arathi basin lasting up to 30 minutes sometimes when battles become protracted.

still this is an extremely fast combat map, so teamwork is a must.

Im curious how the guard ability works, and if its potentially exploitable. I.E. tank goes in guard ability and hides somewhere in a corner so we suffer reduced damage.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 07:55:14 pm »
In WAR at least, you had to be a certain distance from the guarded target for the effect to occur.  Not to mention that would deprive the team of having that member actually participate.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 09:16:17 pm »
Ok after reading some of the pvp info from torocast and DH I have no clue what AC im going to be. I was planning on going Vanguard since the trooper ACs were announced , but after reading about Musco playing commando medic spec I decided I would do that. Then I read a DH article stating how effective tanks would be in pvp, so now I am torn between vanguard and commando medic spec.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 03:41:39 am »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
I don't like the powerups concept. may as well have spinning mid air guns hanging around while we are at it.

Most MMO warzone types have powerups for example in WoW the bezerker buff increases dmg by 20% and increase dmg taken by 10%, or the restoration buff that buffs health and mana regen to a very high amount, but breaks if damaged, then theres speed buffs increase movement speed by 100% in for example the tunnels of WSG (CTF map) so it strategic if your playing defense make sure a teammate grabs buff to keep it on its spawn cooldown.

Rift had a similar thing with health regen near the flags in their CTF and a speed boost in the middle for the flag carrier, so has become standard.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 09:43:48 am »
yeah im familiar with it all (played wow for years and many many pvp preforms) doesnt mean I have to like it really.

WoW was gamey to begin with. immersion wasnt something that was what you played it for.

I found it funny since TOR's goal was to make a warzone less gamey yet add items like these (throwbacks from older FPS games) which are just as gamey as capturing flags themselves.

these items do become a big strategic point by themselves though. I remember my WSG preform days where we constantly snagged our boots of speed to keep the enemy flag runners from getting them and only utilizing the tunnel exit if the boots were availible (my rogue was our team flag runner. with the boots plus my sprint and a swiftness potion, i was hard to catch.)

I wish I had a map of the warzone. while I cant play the game, I can theorize on some solid strategies for a warzone based on the lay of the land. sounds like we have 3 turrets in a linear pathway with an underground tunnel system leading between the 3 via the middle one. but the above ground layout can be very important as the tunnels can prove to be death traps to any group with a degree of competence.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 317