Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: TOR PVP info  (Read 4693 times)

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: TOR PVP info
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2011, 02:54:07 pm »
Rag where did you see the write up of muscos playin trooper healer?
The artist formerly known as Tr4ce...

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2011, 03:00:29 pm »
Quote from: "Paitryn"
I wish I had a map of the warzone...I can theorize on some solid strategies for a warzone based on the lay of the land.

Hmm...that's a good idea...

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2011, 07:29:44 pm »
Quote from: "JP"
Rag where did you see the write up of muscos playin trooper healer?

Right here: http://www.torocast.com/index.php/editorials/item/531-this-is-where-i-stand

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »
damn good read, all the articles make me feel like this will be done right. Combat with solid team based strategies, non-instagib situations, balanced classes and fleshed out rolls for tanks in pvp situations. I think this is what love feels like :o

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2011, 11:23:47 pm »
This just sounds sick.
Quote from: "Musco"

We were all fighting at the middle capture point which if you recall from the Alderaan video has a circular balcony which surrounds it, above it. A Sniper was sitting up there just raining pain down upon my team in the middle yet because of the angle, I think most people didn't notice him. As soon as I spotted him, I targeted him and pressed my force charge button. Unbeknownst to me, Samm had Stasis Fielded him, which had removed him from cover. I jumped from the farside of the capture point, vertically one story and over a balcony to punch that Agent right in the face.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline JP

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2011, 02:57:31 am »
yea i was very impressed by the pathing of the sith warriors force leap when i beta'd. never really ran into an issue and i tried to break it

Offline eeth

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 08, 2011, 11:24:40 am »
Rag, i'm with you on possibly rolling Commando heal-style. Coming from the game that shall not be named i had a love hate relationship with my paladin, the only things hated were the lack of mobility while healing and the complete lack of any sort of damage output (until recently at least). Everything else i was in love with. I like the idea of being a heavily armored healer in the thick of it, but being mobile enough to move out of range and continue to keep your teammates alive, once multiple enemies start focusing you.

I'm really curious to see where everything falls out in terms of types of healing and if the three different healing specs in TOR break down along the lines of HoT-healing, shield/absorption healing, direct/cast healing. I know there's been a lot more info on the Smuggler and Consular healing, so I'm looking forward to more info about Commando healing.

"Uh oh, am I...am I crashing? There's too much dancing!"

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2011, 02:28:21 am »
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=6375677#edit6375677

"Warzones will have a dynamic matchmaking system. It will do many things, like attempt to balance the number of queued groups, healers, levels, etc. on each side. If a match is not made after X minutes then it will begin to alleviate some of these preferences, including potentially widening the level range.

If a match with a wide level range happens to launch, then the lower level players' stats and ability ranks are bolstered. We aim for this to bring all players to at least 80% of the highest level players' combat effectiveness, player skill withstanding.

Promoting a lively PvP community is one of the PvP team's core goals. We believe enabling players on a server to play together often will promote camaraderie as well as rivalry, which lends itself toward achieving that goal.

That being said, as with many things, the matchmaking protocol is subject to change with testing, feedback and metrics. "

I'm dubious.  I mean, obviously I want there to be a match making system, but normally battlegrounds are divided into tiers: 1-10, 11-20, 21-30, etc.  That way you're never playing against someone more than 9 levels ahead of you.  And usually, you're bolstered to at least halfway through the tier.  

I don't know how wide the level range they're going for here, but I hope it's not too far.  I don't want to be thrust into a level 40 match as a level 20 just so I can fight at 80% efficiency.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2011, 07:34:38 am »
my assumption on the matter, is that the system will most likely work to match up within 10 levels. if your having level 10s being boosted to 50, then the server is pretty dead and you have probably been waiting 45 mins to an hour before a match. (which at that point you know its too quiet to pvp)

if its consistent that lvl 10s are being brought to endgame pvp, then they will start cross server matchups.

They wanted to support community first before delving into cross server stuff, which by most opinions was a deathblow to an already bad community base in World of Warcraft.

With the tier technology being close to a decade old now, it shouldnt be a surprise that TORs level matching technology will be far more advanced in comparison. WoW had tried for years to have something similar, where Twinks (players with maxed out gear for their lvl tier) would be matched up with each other when possible. only recently (just prior to cata) had they accomplished something close, but not quite there.

Offline eeth

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 01:31:22 pm »
you guys are also assuming that their warzone brackets are 11-20, 21-30, etc.

no reason they couldn't be broken down smaller, (groups of 5, or even 3 level brackets) and thus their "expanding" levels could step up to the older WoW brackets of 10.

Offline Paitryn

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 03:22:51 pm »
I agree eeth, with the new matchup system you are more likely to see 8v8 matches with only lvl 50s together or even all lvl 49s in its own match on very busy days. its extremely flexible (or possibly anyways.

Offline eeth

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 04:46:12 pm »
i'm of the same mind there Pait, i think BW is smart enough to see that even the slightest lvl discrepancy can (and has) cause issues, so they are quite possibly going with that very tight level restriction (all exactly the same lvl as you suggest) and working outward from there.

good approach in concept, remains to be seen what happens in practice (as groups of various levels queue up together).

does beg the question what's the largest lvl gap that they'll allow to queue together for pvp.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online