Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Jedi Consulars - Choose your BUILDS  (Read 7628 times)

Offline Tinzzak

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Jedi Consulars - Choose your BUILDS
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2011, 10:43:40 am »
I have played consular both times i got a beta run got to about level 20 on each... first one was a Jedi Sage i was ranged DPS which worked well, i really enjoyed that spec, but I respeced and went heal spec on that at about level 15, i was surprised at my longevity and popularity in flashpoints and group quests with the heal spec (Healers are a dime a dozen thus far in beta).  I think what impressed me the most was i could heal and keep a group alive and throw a few DPS attacks out while doing it.  I was also very efficient single questing... i could set Quyzen Fess to tank mode and heal him and throw some decent dps out as well and take out most group quests that were classified as 2+.

Second time around i went Shadow - Telekinetic (tank) spec.  Until i got a companion that healed my longevity was much worse than the sage.  Being that i am not really a tank and never was really good at it i expected the experience to be somewhat frustrating... but once i got into a routine (and my companion throwing me heals occasionally) i really enjoyed the spec, however i was not nearly as popular in flashpoints and group quests... people tend to be somewhat negative towards the light armor tank types, but in the hands of someone better at tanking i see no reason why the Telekinetic spec tank could not main tank quite effectively.

They are still setting up the new build but next time around i am hoping one of my pre-made characters is a consular so i can play with a higher level right out of the gate.  

As to specific specs... i never was really good at that... i just kinda go with what i like and what seems to work for me.  I usually got criticism from elitists who 'knew' the perfect dps spec or the perfect rogue spec, or perfect tank spec... i usually was never top of the DPS or the best tank out there... but was also never the worst.  When i went with their suggested rotations/specs i never saw a great improvement.  Which disturbingly enough means i am a stunningly average player... hmmm think i just insuled myself.

For tank i was working towards something like: http://torguild.net/calculator/jedi-consular/shadow/?p=3200022000000000000023302311102310132310000000000000000000
the healing aspects of some of those skills are helpful, at the lower levels only slightly but hey every little bit helps... oh its also fun to use your stealth ability as a shadow to sneak into the middle of a mob then do an AOE or something gets the aggro of the mob right quick.  Follow it up by a few good solid hits and another AOE and unless your DPS/Heals is drawing way too much aggro or not attacking your target you're good to go.

For Heal i'd do something like: http://torguild.net/calculator/jedi-consular/sage/?p=0000000000000000000032330221221220122313200020000000000000
I found the bubbles to be quite helpful... you shield yourself/companion or party members and you're not healing the entire time... I found it quite effective.  Really if you have a good tank you don't have to waste force shielding yourself or the DPS, as they take the aggro.  If they aren't so good its a good idea to shield yourself as well...

Again i haven't done much of the DPS version of the consular... i did play with the ranged DPS which was great fun... send your companion in stand back and blast them.  I am very much looking forward to playing with the shadow Melee DPS tree in this next build.  Unless the group decides to go empire side at which point not sure what ill do... probably an inquisitor melee DPS.

Sorry i know i am not a lot of help when it comes to exact details and what not, but i tend to go with what feels right for me not necessarily the best spec out there... but i can say... anyone playing a consular (i feel) will completely enjoy the class, the story line is good, the class if fun to play (good ranged attacks and heals for sage... stealth and dual light-sabers for shadow), The class is very a versatile, utilitarian class... we can Main/Off Tank, Main Heal, Off Heal/DPS, Range DPS, Melee DPS and we have stealth capability.  

Those of us playing a Consular class, are truly all that and a bag of chips........  Now if we could just get rid of the dresses we'd be golden.... excuse me... robes... or are they long kilts...

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2011, 08:01:26 pm »
My healing build was pretty similar only change i made was I dropped Valiance and egress in favour of Imuttable Force and Will of the jedi as I was able to get a bit more healing done with this build when i was min maxing.  http://torguild.net/calculator/jedi-consular/sage/?p=0020000000000000000232330221021200122313200020000000000000

Offline ExternalError

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://n/a
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2011, 08:10:14 pm »
and this was my ranged dps pvp build I didnt cap the tree because in pvp my main stratergy would be to dot everyone up with my weaken mind then pick 1 target and use Telekinetic throw and project until they died using mind crush whenever i got a no induction cast crit. Worked very well and when i got into trouble I would 4sec stun them bubble up wait for them to break then hit them with a 60sec stun back up and proceed to blast them to pieces.

http://torguild.net/calculator/jedi-consular/sage/?p=3122302031201023100030000000000000000003032200002000000000

Offline Jesseria

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »
Thanks for sharing your experiences. I'm really looking forward towards playing a Consular.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2011, 04:34:47 pm »
Planning a Sage, but I'll be damned if I can decide on which way i want to go with my sage.

Offline Deathsboon

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2011, 06:09:03 pm »
^ same lol

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2011, 07:58:48 pm »
After this most recent beta weekend and based on my limited experience in game (level 17 and Valor rank 8), I'm looking at this build or something similar.

http://torguild.net/calculator/jedi-consular/sage/?p=000000000000000000032002212012002000003022300131221022000

As you can see, it's heavily focused on CC abilities with a PvP intent.  As far as I have seen, most characters have exactly one "break free" ability to get out of CC.  With this build, I'll have far more ways to pin my target in place and keep him vulnerable than he will to escape.

I'm NOT a healer and even damage is secondary.  My whole focus is to isolate and lock down targets so my team can dish out the pain.
Alone I'l likely get worked by a DPS specialization, but if I have my way he won't even be able to touch us.

Those of you who have played a Sage to higher levels, what do you think?  Is there any way to squeeze in more CC skills, or is a CC-centric build even viable?

As a side note, holy crap is the Consular powerful (maybe even overly so).  In warzones I was routinely topping the scoreboards in damage, healing, objectives, AND medals.  There were very few rounds where I was not within the top 3 of all categories except protection (force armor doesn't grant protection points in PvP).  Honestly, being able to do EVERYTHING that well seems a bit off to me.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:18 pm »
At the next meeting I think it might not be to bad of an idea to have all the people wanting to play Consular have a seperate discussion time to go over some stuff.  I think I am like Keeloth and many others... Not sure which way to go on my Sage build.  Hopefully you guys who have been in open Beta can join us and we can figure it all out.

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2011, 08:28:48 pm »
I currently have a hole in the interview schedule for next Monday. If we spend 30 minutes at the main meeting, it might be an idea to have everyone break out into their respective class groups to theory craft for 30 minutes until the first interview so that we

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Broin

• Second-in-Command
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:21 pm »
Sounds good

Go ahead, make my day.

Offline Keeloth

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 30, 2011, 08:47:28 pm »
Quote from: "Anamodiel"
I currently have a hole in the interview schedule for next Monday. If we spend 30 minutes at the main meeting, it might be an idea to have everyone break out into their respective class groups to theory craft for 30 minutes until the first interview so that we

Ana?  ANA?!

Oh no!  He was kidnapped mid-sentence!

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2011, 10:46:05 pm »
Fell in love with Shadow last weekend. Scrapping the plans to have my Smuggler as my main, or a sage as my secondary.

Offline CT

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2011, 12:22:42 pm »
Quote from: "Broin"
At the next meeting I think it might not be to bad of an idea to have all the people wanting to play Consular have a seperate discussion time to go over some stuff.  I think I am like Keeloth and many others... Not sure which way to go on my Sage build.  Hopefully you guys who have been in open Beta can join us and we can figure it all out.

Heal tree is unstoppable and they only die when you run outta force. Currently in warzones there isn't a way to drop combat to regen. Currently in pvp you can never drop combat unless the guy you engaged dies. Although I expect this to be fixed by launch. Most MMO's have a 5-8 sec window after the last engagement and then it drops combat and then the regen ability becomes usable.

The Balance tree is the OP, super pvper, spot healer, iWin spec,  for pvp.

The other tree, Telekinetics, focuses on more direct casts and higher burst than balance(which is more DOT based).

The real kicker for the balance tree is the no cooldown talent (Telekenectic Balance) on the channeled spell (Telekinetic Throw). It makes Telekinetic Throw a spammable CC that does a lot of damage.

The consular has so many more CC and toys to play with than other classes.

Telekinetics http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#600ZbsbrdRrupzZcr0M.1

Unstoppable Seer http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#600GG0RrdrdRzZfobM.1

iWin Balance http://www.torhead.com/calculator/skill#600ZbsbMZcrfRsMkbfz.1

There are a few things you can play around with in there but for the most part, feel free to experiment.

Offline Twoturn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2011, 01:48:55 pm »
@Erathaol:

I really like where you're going with this build; I have always had a soft spot for hybrids.  As your gear improves, you'll find that you'll be able to drop Inner Strength for Clamoring Force in Telekinetics.  As your play improves (you're a CC beast with this build), you'll most likely find that the pushback skills can be dropped.  You'll be able to trade Concentration for both Mind's Eye and maxing Telekinetic Defense or Psychic Projection in Telekinetics, though gear level might also be a factor in this choice.  Psychic Barrier could be traded for at least Force Suppression and any of the three left blank in the first two tiers of Balance.

Offline Trushott

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
    • http://Www.renshawauto.com
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2011, 12:12:54 pm »
Sage full healing tree ... Not sure about the extra yet I'm doing more research

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4