Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Phase 3 Started: Finalize your guild now  (Read 6753 times)

Offline Deathsythe

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
Phase 3 Started: Finalize your guild now
« on: November 03, 2011, 09:09:03 am »
"Last month we expanded our Pre-Launch Guild Program with the implementation of Phase 2: Alignment, where guilds could designate other guilds as allies or adversaries. Now, as Star Wars�: The Old Republic� moves ever-closer to launch, we are excited to announce that we have initiated the first part of Phase 3: Deployment!

Phase 3: Deployment will see any guild that meets the pre-designated criteria be transferred into the game for launch. Before we begin this process, though, we want to give all of you who are in guilds the opportunity to make sure your guild meets the following requirement for transfer:

Four members of the guild must have pre-ordered the game and redeemed their Pre-Order Code at the Code Redemption Center.

(NOTE: We have removed the additional requirement for the guild leader to log in to the website and verify that their guild remains active and wants to be imported.)

To help clear up any confusion as to whether or not your guild is ready for deployment, we have now given each guild page a small status indicator. This indicator will show you the number of people in your guild who have pre-ordered the game, and will inform you whether or not your guild meets the criteria for deployment into the game
."

And we're good to go,  :D

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
Re: Friday update: Finalize your guild now
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 10:15:46 am »
Tbone should check and see if rp-pvp can be selected for server type.

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 10:28:51 am »
http://www.swtor.com/guilds/faq#q3

-The Guild HQ system will be taken offline two weeks after launch to make way for some upgrades.  It sounds like all current guild information will be lost in these changes.  

-All guilds imported into the game will have the option to decline the invite to whatever server is selected for them.  Guilds will be able to re-create their guild on another server, provided that the guild name remains available on that server.

-Guilds imported to one server cannot be transferred to a different server.  They will have to create a new guild on their server of choice.

-Guilds that are registered in the Guild Program will be ready at launch.  If a guild is not registered with the Guild Program, they will have to wait until a member reaches their side's Capital Planet (Dromund Kaas for the Empire, Coruscant for the Republic) in order to form their guild within the game.

-Once the Pre-Launch Guild Program has ended, all guilds will be contacted via email about their import status into the game. Guilds that were successfully imported will be notified of which server they have been placed on. Once Early Game Access begins, the first character you create on the assigned server will be automatically invited to join your guild. You can choose to accept or decline the invite. If declined, you will be invited again each time you create a character on that server, unless you select the option to ignore future invites.

This last point is key.  In order for us to hit the ground running, we'll need everyone with early access to accept the guild invite once they get in.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 10:31:12 am »
Quote from: "Ragnarok"

Most likely scenario is that we will be placed on a PvP server.  If we are placed on an RP-PvP server that's cool, but we aren't banking on it.

Offline Amarantus

• Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:21 pm »
I don't see why they wouldn't place us on the PvP-RP server as we have the RP check selected on our tor guild page. Of course I don't know if our Allies/Enemies do....
I used to think I was perfect. However, thinking ones self perfect is conceit and conceit is a character flaw... I have no character flaws.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 12:39:34 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

Most likely scenario is that we will be placed on a PvP server.  If we are placed on an RP-PvP server that's cool, but we aren't banking on it.

Just read some news stating that no guild will be placed on a RP-PvP server and will have to manually move there. So are we going to just stay on our assigned server or will we move to a RP-PvP server?

So long as I breathe, I live. So long as I live, I fight. So long as I fight, I triumph!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 12:57:38 pm »
Friday update? Isn't today Thursday?

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 12:58:43 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

EDIT: Just read some news stating that no guild will be placed on a RP-PvP server and will have to manually move their. So are we going to just stay on our assigned server or will we move to a RP-PvP server?

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=10434480#edit10434480

It's ultimately up to the boss man, but I highly doubt we'll switch to an RP-PvP server.

If a guild wishes to exist on an RP-PvP server, they will need to create their guild manually on a new server once they reach their Capital World (Dromund Kaas or Coruscant) and create their guild.

This means that the guild would not be automatically imported into the game.  Which opens up the ability for someone else to steal the guild name before we have a chance to create it.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 01:03:37 pm »
If it's a RPPVP server or just a PVP server will have almost no impact on us personally. In The Matrix Online, Vector was a PVP sever and we did distinctively well there. It would be nice to be on a server that is based on RP because PVP servers tend to be a lot of trolling and ganking. I understand this is apart of the gaming world today and that's fine I can live with it just like the next Angel. However, the state of mind of said players can dampen certain aspects of the game that would say, not be an issue on a RP based PVP server.

Now keep in mind if you played MxO but didn't play WoW on a PVP server it can be a 100% difference in the "attitude" of people on pure PVP servers between the two different types of games.

In the end, wherever we end up -- we will do just fine.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Ragnarok

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 01:22:28 pm »
Quote from: "Strod"
If it's a RPPVP server or just a PVP server will have almost no impact on us personally. In The Matrix Online, Vector was a PVP sever and we did distinctively well there. It would be nice to be on a server that is based on RP because PVP servers tend to be a lot of trolling and ganking. I understand this is apart of the gaming world today and that's fine I can live with it just like the next Angel. However, the state of mind of said players can dampen certain aspects of the game that would say, not be an issue on a RP based PVP server.

Now keep in mind if you played MxO but didn't play WoW on a PVP server it can be a 100% difference in the "attitude" of people on pure PVP servers between the two different types of games.

I know we will do fine on any server. The thing I'm worried about is that if we stay on pvp server the rp outside of the faction will be almost nonexistent.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 01:34:31 pm »

I know we will do fine on any server. The thing I'm worried about is that if we stay on pvp server the rp outside of the faction will be almost nonexistent.

I'm in agreement we need to shoot for a RPPVP server, but if it doesn't happen we'll make it work one way or another.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 01:53:22 pm »

I'm in agreement we need to shoot for a RPPVP server, but if it doesn't happen we'll make it work one way or another.

It was stated in the forum thread posted above that any guilds that want to reside on an RP-PvP server must manually form their guild in-game once the guild leader reaches their aligned Capital Planet.  The guild will not be automatically imported.

Our best option is to remain on a PvP server so we can start making headway as soon as possible.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 01:59:08 pm »
This is a difficult decision. Since RP-PvP isn't an option for automatic transfer, I fear those servers will initially be severely underpopulated with guilds. Plus there's over 25 guilds wanting to game with us as either allies or adversaries (granted, most being 4-10 members), but organizing with all of them to switch servers manually is a real pain.

A thread that was started to organize guilds for RP-PvP currently only has three guilds that I've never heard of signed up for it...

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 02:23:04 pm »
Our overall happiness as a Guild (excluding game fun etc) will be directly based on 1) Guild activity and 2) Server population.

That said, I'm pretty sure a pure PVP server will be way more populated, thus more fun.  An RP PVP server seems a bit niche and I don't think we'll have as much fun/exposure/impact on the world.   Not to mention but the last couple games I played where I rolled on an RP server, everyone was so uptight.  Having to always worry about speaking in and out of character... ugh.  Not only that but don't we define ourselves as LIGHT RP?  Going full blown RP seems like a big jump.

Another thing to think about, if you're not in FA and you see us all in uniform, formation and we're approaching you.  Either in a friendly or not friendly way.  Which is more impressive?  If this scenario plays out on an RP server... it's just another day in the life...  But if you witness something like this on a PvP server... it's that much more rare.  I think it makes a bigger statement/impression.

This is just my opinion.  I'll have fun with you guys either way.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Deathsythe

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 03:30:51 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Friday update? Isn't today Thursday?

I'm on vacation, lol. Sorry if my days are a bit off, :P

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024