Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: A Few Site Updates  (Read 2769 times)

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2010, 11:51:00 pm »
I like the current attempt.although since i can remember ive always thought that though the site was functional in what it did, it didnt seem very visually appealing, not like 12 pack of beer ugly, just not that memorable. (no offense meant)  however, all that aside it sounds like management needs to sit down and have a chat so everyone is on the same page. It does us no good if people are not working in sync with a common theme.  imho

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2010, 01:41:15 am »
I think we're still all on the same page in terms of theme. No one is writing a new theme. Just experimenting with shading and shadow of what's already there.

I know what you're both saying, Manic and Yotogi, that the original blends in more with the rest of the banner. But that's kind of my point too. It blends right in with the banner and the website. You gave it a nice imprinted feel rather than a pop out feel. I think the imprint makes it too plain. I think the text and angel logos should stand in some sort of contrast to the rest of the banner.

I'm just trying to make a few small tweaks here and there at the moment so that things are presentable once recruitment starts. Once the challenge is out of the way, we'll have a discussion on the theme as a whole. Lith and I are still in talks on whether or not we want to try and switch to a new CMS.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2010, 10:05:32 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
I'm just trying to make a few small tweaks here and there at the moment so that things are presentable once recruitment starts. Once the challenge is out of the way, we'll have a discussion on the theme as a whole.

That's what I'm afraid of.  First impressions are everything.  Once we get a bunch of new recruits flowing in as a result of the challenge, what are their impressions of us going to be when they visit a site with a bunch of clashing design elements?

It would make more sense to have a presentable unified website at launch, even if it is not visually striking, rather than a website that looks like it's been designed by a few people who couldn't agree on what they were making.

I prefer the design of our website being subtle.  From an aesthetic standpoint it looks clean, and works to imbue an "angelic" or even "ghostly" feel.  And it works philosophically in the sense that, historically, we have not been a flashy "in-your-face" faction.  We stand out because we don't go around shouting our name from the rooftops.  We do an awesome job of enticing people to come to us, where most other factions work in the opposite direction.  And from what I've seen of the challenge so far, we'll be just as successful with recruitment this time around, if not moreso, as we were in MxO.

People have always, and will continue, to judge us by how we represent ourselves in-game.  We walk softly and carry a big stick.  I think a subtle website theme lends itself well to that.

Offline Ash

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2010, 11:05:53 am »
Could not have said it better myself Manic.  

Manic is by far the most skilled when it comes to these types of graphics and I say we put our trust in him to make them.  I do not think it is a good idea to have "too many hands" on the face of what will be our day-to-day website.

"Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men"

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2010, 11:10:42 am »
Not digging the black outline. Change the alpha to maybe %70 and it might work. It's just too much contrast to the light background elements.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2010, 11:57:30 am »
Quote from: "Fuse"
Not digging the black outline. Change the alpha to maybe %70 and it might work. It's just too much contrast to the light background elements.

That's of the current iteration?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
A Few Site Updates
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:55:43 am »
Ok, thanks for the feedback, those who gave it. I've changed the banner back for now. I just wanted to see what a couple of different things looked against the rest of the site.

As a future disclaimer, if you are asked or would like to help collaborate on any project with FA, please be aware that the resulting content should be considered property of the Furious Angels. With practically everything we do, we beg for feedback from the entire guild and really try to go the direction that the group wants to go as a whole, but this means that we reserve the right to add/modify/manipulate/delete content as the situation mandates. We try our best to give credit where credit is due, but also keep in mind that everything is viewed as an evolving collaborative project.

Thank you.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online