Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Mass Beta Testing Starting THIS WEEKEND  (Read 10751 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Mass Beta Testing Starting THIS WEEKEND
« on: August 28, 2011, 10:34:57 pm »
http://www.askajedi.com/2011/08/28/pax-2011-beta-testing-weekends-begin-september-2nd/

So the September game testing is starting on September 2nd, this weekend. They are creating a whole new server with a whole new pool of testing. It sounds like they will be adding to this pool, meaning that you'll get to test EACH weekend if you get in.

Apparently if you don't get in this coming weekend, you "SHOULD get in soon". Sounds like chances are better you'll get in than not get in, but I guess we'll see.

I would really like to use these weekends for two things. First, I recommend you playing the class you intend to play at launch to get used to it a bit and get through the origin world content so that you can more quickly jump in for the real thing. Second, I'd like for everyone who gets in to really attempt to group up in four man groups so we can figure out the best way to utilize grouping.

Personally my schedule looks pretty busy each weekend of September, but I'm nocturnal, so regardless I'll be around if I get in!

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Mass Beta Testing Starting THIS WEEKEND
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 11:06:47 pm »
I'll do my best to be on when I can. September is looking to be incredibly busy for me with school starting, football games, and studying for the GMAT.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2011, 09:18:07 am »
I'll be available this weekend, assuming I get in.  I'm not holding my breath.

Next weekend I will be returning from a business trip, so we'll see.

If I do get in, I don't intend to play my primary class.  I understand the need to familiarize ourselves, but I want to be surprised at launch, which is why I've intentionally strayed away from any leaked smuggler info.

Offline ArchNemesis

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2011, 12:06:18 pm »
Looks like Manic and I want the same thing. I may give shadow a try since it is another class I was very interested in.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2011, 12:16:07 pm »
I played sage up to about 19 or 20.  I stopped.  I was really enjoying the story and REALLY getting into it but the hologram bug was killing big parts of the story for me.  I decided to try and roll a smuggler since they were asking for class specific feedback on smuggler/imp agent and Trooper/Bounty Hunter.  I made it a couple levels and decided that I didn't really wanna spoil any of the stories.  Ultimately I rolled an Imp Bounty Hunter as I know I'm not playing Empire come launch.  So yeah, I'll play this for a while instead.

I'm familiar enough with Sage to hit the ground running for sure so now I'm just focusing on playing and enjoying the game but also focusing hard on doing a great job beta testing.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline Dread

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2011, 12:25:37 pm »
this is some good news. I have a tooth getting pulled Friday and I may get into beta can you say double win.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2011, 07:11:53 pm »
If chosen, I will be available this weekend for some grindage.

Furious since 2006.

Offline Mharz

• Angelic Wrath
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2011, 07:20:02 pm »
This weekend is wide open for me as well.  I'll push out a few levels if I make it in I'm sure.  Isn't this a long weekend as well?  Mmm.. delicious.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2011, 01:25:47 am »
Some nice clarification from David Bass: http://darthhater.com/2011/08/30/pax-2011-david-bass-interview/

They will be like a load balance test?

It is partially load balancing, but we're already doing that. We are to the point where we're comfortable and don't think that everything is going to fall apart by loading all these people in. We think it is going to be a very smooth and solid experience. It is also very good practice for launch day to see what happens when you toss a giant bunch of people all in the game all at the same time.

Are we talking like a quality experience for the Game Testing Weekends, or is it just stress testing by trying to see how many people are in there and how it works out?

No, we're definitely hoping for a quality weekend. We aim for high quality in everything we do. We wouldn't be pushing it out this weekend if we weren't ready for it. Originally we just said September, which left it up in the air. That way we could wait and if we weren't ready we could say, "Okay, maybe we'll do it at the end of September." I think it was just last week they were talking about it and said, "No, we're ready for it. Let's do it!"

There are different series of tests each weekend obviously. Once people are invited, are they going to be in for the entire thing, or is this different sets of people every single week?

I believe that it is going to be an entirely new group of people every time. The goal of that is to get as many of the 1.5 million people who have signed up for testing in as possible. We really want to get people's hands on the game because we talk all the time about the game, but the thing about it is you're never going to fully believe us until you get your hands on it. That is what convinces people that this is the BioWare game they've been looking for.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2011, 03:31:15 am »
I take it that because they're aiming to get as many of the 1.5 million signed up people into testing, that they're extending the beta to the EU?

Offline Caydnn

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2011, 10:58:24 am »
Sounds good. Going to do as much testing as I can. Honestly I really do want to find and report as many bugs etc as I find because I want a clean release for them.

Offline likwidtek

• RIFTER
  • VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://omeganerd.com
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2011, 12:35:02 pm »
Quote from: "Caydnn"
Sounds good. Going to do as much testing as I can. Honestly I really do want to find and report as many bugs etc as I find because I want a clean release for them.

Yeah, there are a good number of them too.
"To the darkened skies once more and ever onward."

Offline CopperSol

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2011, 04:09:18 pm »
Oh God please let me get in!!!

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2011, 08:37:48 pm »
Apparently invites went out for this weekend. Did NONE of our folks get one??

Offline AstralFire

• Soldier
    • View Profile
    • http://www.theanteheroes.com/
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2011, 08:53:47 pm »
I am afraid that I did not.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4