Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Nominations for Our Replacement Game!  (Read 10046 times)

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Nominations for Our Replacement Game!
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 09:03:52 am »
I'm downloading the EVE trial now :) what server is everyone on? (If there are more than one server)

Offline Larnor

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2009, 09:15:31 am »
Quote from: "Subb"
I'm downloading the EVE trial now :) what server is everyone on? (If there are more than one server)

There is only one server for all (except for chinese one). Peak number of players online is 50k+.

Offline Setun

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2009, 10:16:04 am »
Actually one game I've known about for awhile now but haven't heard anyone here mention is Aion.  It's currently in beta, but from what a friend of mine tells me the PvP in that game is mad intense, and is very similar to MxO's style of fighting.  Granted it is fantasy based and all, but 1. you can fly and 2. you can stab people midflight with their own weapons as finishers...gonna look into it more and see what's up.

Offline Guac

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2009, 01:28:09 pm »
Quote from: "Tbone"
FPS - Those games we can always play at random times. It's not really the type of "everyone let's log in to accomplish a big task" sort of thing that I'm looking for, though. We'll only see you guys when you feel like blowing shit up. I'd like to get into something at least a little more in depth than that.

Disagree. There are competitive ladders/tournaments for these kind of games, they can get pretty serious if you have a committed bunch of guys.
http://www.teamwarfare.com/
Then there are tons of clans very active in those sorts of games who could be potentially challenged. But the again I guess we are more looking for a RP experience.

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2009, 03:20:23 pm »
SWG got hit with a big Nerf stick when the classes were shrunk. Back in the day, I leveled my Jedi the hard way. Which at the time was leveling random skills to find the correct path to unlock the ability to become a Jedi.

Then they went and made it a class from Lv. 1 I grinded to 90 and retired as a Hologram Jedi. (I loved SWG)

I would be up for playing again if we get a decent base into it. It had a lot of the tools we could use and it's such a rich environment to lose yourself in. I'm gonna predict SWGTOR will be our next (Real MxO) type of game experience. So, I think the SWG would be a smart move getting everyone used to the feel and presence Star Wars is about. (Granted, who really needs a feel for the force! :P)

Furious since 2006.

Offline Guac

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile

Offline Demiabeille

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 16, 2009, 02:01:13 pm »
If anyone does want to try EVE, there's a special 3 week trial running if someone in game invites you (it's usually 2, I thought it was a month) so pm me if you want an invite with your e-mail.

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #37 on: June 16, 2009, 02:05:52 pm »
Quote from: "Guac"
Warhammer Online
http://www.warhammeronline.com/trial/?W7MECF-FQM81-1BNWY-IBGQJ-9P6PC

WAR - I tried WAR for a couple months at launch with some guys I work with.  The gameplay seemed very similar to WoW, with some minor improvements like RvR.  It is essentially grinding for gear to help you grind for better gear.  I tried their 14 day trial for return customers a couple weeks ago and the servers are dead.

EVE - I'm willing to start a new pilot in EVE if people are interested.  I'm anticipating solo'ing this for at least another year.  I like it well enough, but there are times when I miss playing with a group, and I don't want to play with anyone but us.

SWG - I wouldn't mind giving this a try, but I'd rather it not be our focus game.  I get angry just thinking about giving more of my money to SOE.  I know I've been pretty gung-ho about The Agency, but if I'm honest with myself, I have no reason to believe that they won't fuck that one up as well.  If we're going the Star Wars route, which I'm all for, then I think we might as well wait for The Old Republic.

I tried Free Realms and couldn't stand it.  I don't know what 3 million people see in that shit.  Talk about a glorified chat room.

Offline Zortarg

• Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.benfee.de
« Reply #38 on: June 16, 2009, 02:55:37 pm »
so darkfall is closing for us angels as i can see... i was one of the few that voted for staying, but i can see the major bad points at least at this time of the game. and i guess getting back later when things might have gotten better is not a good point either.

but i got to the wrong topic... a friend of mine and my brother started playing Aion, the tower of eternerty.
that game is not launched yet on international servers. but you can play with a english patch on the asian servers, and so far as  i have heard quite a few ppl are doing it. the game might have some intresting aspects.
i asked my brother to bring me the client this weekend (and maybe i will have some spare hours this sunday) so i think i will try that one out and give you my opinion in this.

for eve online: i played it and a have a inactive account atm... so if you guys realy wanna start in there, i can join in. i play(ed) there as part of the RAZOR alliance in the german speaking CORP DECADENCE. . for all those who know the 0.0 in eve.
Two planets are meeting in space. Asks the first:"Do you have human as well?" Answers the second:"Yes, but that passes by."

Offline Guac

• Meat Shield
    • View Profile

Offline Erathaol

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2009, 05:56:34 pm »
The more I read about EVE, the more I want to play it.  Seriously, how did I pass this game up when it came out?  Maybe I was just dumb those years ago...

I think it'd be really cool if everyone interested in trying out EVE all did the two-week trial at the same time, that way we'd have the same playtime window to test it out as a group, rather than all testing the game out individually.  Anyone else want to do that?

Offline Fuse

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • http://www.lostlocalhost.com
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2009, 06:12:31 pm »
All the talk about EVE made me resub for it... I also can invite people for the buddy program. Send me a PM with your email as well.

I have little experience with EVE so would be willing to start over, but my char names anyways are:
Raliena
FusedIndustries

Offline Lits

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 16, 2009, 06:21:57 pm »
I'm downloading SWG's free trial as we speak... 4%!!! In a few hours I might even get 10%!

Be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
« Reply #43 on: June 16, 2009, 07:34:34 pm »
I'm testing SWG right now, but since a lot of you seem to like EVE, I'd like to test that out as well, if either Demi or Fuse can shoot me an invitation.

Aion, despite being a fantasy game, looks amazing and well polished. The problem is I'm not sure when they are releasing the English version, as they JUST had their first closed Beta event, and subsequent events are going to be weekend-only for what seems like quite a while. Still, though, I was surprisingly impressed by a few of the trailers and the review.

*For SWG, please join us on the Bloodfin server*

Offline Strod

• Angelic Fury
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 16, 2009, 07:35:41 pm »
I'm doing the trial too. I have the first 3 games in my closet. I think there is one expansion that I don't have which is the Obi trials.

Gonna give this a go from Lv. 1 and see how it holds up to what i remember from a few years ago.

Have we got at least a meeting place yet or anything?

Furious since 2006.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online