Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Teaser from PAX - Revan's Fate  (Read 3455 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Teaser from PAX - Revan's Fate
« on: September 05, 2010, 01:13:08 am »
www.swtor.com//sites/all/files/en/vc/mysteries-kotor/flv225/MysteriesKoToR.flv

Nice teaser about the continuation of Revan's story, if you ever played the original KOTOR. And if you haven't, GO PLAY IT!

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
Re: Teaser from PAX - Revan
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2010, 05:50:58 am »
... I think I just creamed myself... I hope Revan's mask is a raid completion gift. And I'm stoked that HK's in there... but his voice was, well... shit.

Offline Da6onet

• VETERAN ANGEL
  • I shall either find a way or make one.
    • View Profile
    • JPL
Re: Teaser from PAX - Revan's Fate
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2010, 11:42:30 am »
Quote from: "Tbone"
Nice teaser about the continuation of Revan's story, if you ever played the original KOTOR. And if you haven't, GO PLAY IT!

Yeah I'm getting the feeling I'm going to be handicapped if I don't know the lore from KOTOR. $10 on steam, went ahead and got it. Though I probably won't be playing it for real until I'm unemployed :-p
If all the world's problems were solved today, what would you have left to do tomorrow?

NEED NEW SIGNATURE, CAN PAY IN THE FORM OF BEER!!!

Offline Manic Velocity

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
    • Pod Goo & Tonic
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2010, 12:59:08 pm »
Quote from: "Subb"
And I'm stoked that HK's in there... but his voice was, well... shit.

Sounded almost like a Dalek to me.

Is anybody else a little disappointed in how the combat looks?  Everyone is just standing still, swinging a saber or firing a blaster.  I keep hoping that the animations become more acrobatic and... well... cool looking.

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2010, 01:19:02 pm »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"

Is anybody else a little disappointed in how the combat looks?  Everyone is just standing still, swinging a saber or firing a blaster.  I keep hoping that the animations become more acrobatic and... well... cool looking.

I think the Jedi has had the most polishing when it comes to combat (look at the Jedi Knight trailer) but I can see what you mean. Saying that though, they have over, what... 6 months to improve?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2010, 02:27:28 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't think anything will look as impressive as MxO's interlock combat. Say what you want, but that game had really good fight choreography.

I also don't think it will look like Force Unleashed. Hopefully we can get in Beta soon and be able to really take a look and give feedback. I can look past animation issues if te game played well and engages me in te lore.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2010, 05:57:48 pm »
They look better than the darkfall animations at least hehe ;)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2010, 07:28:55 pm »
Heh. Oh Darkfall. Such a love hate relationship. Mostly hate. It took advantage of me while I was desperate. Now I've been reduced to playing EQ2 (but at least for free!)

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2010, 10:54:55 pm »
Unfortunately, I don't think anything will look as impressive as MxO's interlock combat. Say what you want, but that game had really good fight choreography.

I also don't think it will look like Force Unleashed. Hopefully we can get in Beta soon and be able to really take a look and give feedback. I can look past animation issues if te game played well and engages me in te lore.

I only got a chance to play the Smuggle, but the combat seems really strange. I kept wanting to using left click as blaster, but it was set to 1, which  makes it an ability. You can see where Mass Effect comes though in the style of combat and really in the style of dialog.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2010, 03:30:08 am »
Quote from: "Eroz"

I only got a chance to play the Smuggle, but the combat seems really strange. I kept wanting to using left click as blaster, but it was set to 1, which  makes it an ability. You can see where Mass Effect comes though in the style of combat and really in the style of dialog.

Welcome back to MMO world. Clicking is for targeting, not for firing, silly rabbit! Though double-click should have potentially pulled off a standard attack.

What about the animations? The graphics? How fluid were the controls? Did the UI enhance the experience or make it difficult? Was the voice acting engaging or did you find it awkward and boring? Were you able to determine how many people could join in a single party/group?

Offline Subb

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2010, 03:50:24 am »
I believe that the saber/melee combat system is kind of a free-running interlock, since the devs mentioned that the weapons will contact one another.

Offline Eroz

• VETERAN ANGEL
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2010, 01:19:05 pm »
Quote from: "Eroz"

Welcome back to MMO world. Clicking is for targeting, not for firing, silly rabbit! Though double-click should have potentially pulled off a standard attack.

What about the animations? The graphics? How fluid were the controls? Did the UI enhance the experience or make it difficult? Was the voice acting engaging or did you find it awkward and boring? Were you able to determine how many people could join in a single party/group?

The graphics seemed a little subpar, the characters seemed to be made of up fairly low poly models. The animations weren't bad, the toon had really bad mouth animations when he spoke, but I'm pretty sure they were running an E3 demo. The UI just seemed like a standard UI to me, little distracting (That's mostly because of the game I'm testing has no UI during combat.) The voice acting was good, it's hard to get a good handle on that as its really loud at PAX and hearing things were difficult for an station. Nope it was  single player mission only.
"Have you ever tried to dismantle a snowball?" - Linus, Peanut's Gang.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 31