Quest 2 Link Best Settings (Finally Better Than Rift S) by Tbone
[November 27, 2023, 04:57:46 pm]

randomness by Jeyk
[November 27, 2023, 09:42:30 am]

New PC for Oculus Rift (Purchased!) by Tbone
[December 01, 2022, 12:02:55 pm]

Stability Issues with CPU/RAM/Mobo by Tbone
[November 30, 2022, 12:34:56 pm]

Author Topic: Beta Test Our Challenge! (updated 10/7)  (Read 16284 times)

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
    • http://www.thefuriousangels.com
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Phase 2)
« Reply #75 on: October 05, 2010, 03:08:20 am »
Quote from: "Ghisteslwchlohm"
The reconstruction code disappears and reappears a few seconds later when you click in the field to enter a code.

And after the planet puzzle, Iego and the moons popped up and in less than a second disappeared and the whole screen went black. I have been unable to get any further than that if there is anywhere to go from there.

Click the second link to continue for now.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Phase 2)
« Reply #76 on: October 05, 2010, 04:24:52 am »
Quote from: "ManicVelocity"
Quote from: "Tbone"
The movies are loading properly for me now. Are they loading properly for everyone else (starting at the beginning, syncing with audio)?

During "Definition: Angels", the video flashes for a few frames before disappearing.  I refreshed a few times and this was not a consistent bug, but it did happen on more than one occasion.

Videos did not pop for Iego definitions or for the definitions of the Angels. After I got done with the definitions of the Angels, no text appeared.

After a refresh, the video for Iego loaded this time, but the audio un-synched itself and he stopped talking halfway through the movie. No text popped up to click.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Phase
« Reply #77 on: October 05, 2010, 04:44:30 am »
Actually, I did a hard refresh of Adad's stuff and everything loaded correctly the first time. Let me try clearing out my Cache and see if everything works correctly the first time.

Alright, so I'm going through it for the first time after clearing my cache/cookies/history/everything. These videos have not loaded properly for me on Firefox:

-Iego movie. Only saw the blinking dot for a second, and then white screen.
-Angel movie. Only saw the lightsaber turn on and turn everything white.
-The Holovid itself started 3/4 through, but the audio played from the beginning. AP came back on while Tbone was still talking.

...And we will strike down upon those of Darkness, with great vengeance and Furious Anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.wix.com/saintxxx/Jedi-Archives
« Reply #78 on: October 05, 2010, 09:52:41 am »
I must be the only one that thinks these challenges will be to hard for people and they will lose intrest. I hope Im wrong.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 05, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
I disagree Saint; I did the challenge this morning and a few of the riddles are actually a  little too easy with google at your hands.

The only bit I fear might put people off is the "times" at which the challenge can be undertaken. However, once people know it is FA then they expect it to be rather tricky to get going - so this will weed out the keepers early on I reckon.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 05, 2010, 10:55:24 am »
the riddles are easy however the numbe puzzles I have no clue as to how to do them.  I havent been involved in the making of this from the begining so its all new to me. It took me half of a day trying to figure out that cypher bit on google.  Maybe Im missing some information that would have made it easier.

Offline Anamodiel

• Staff
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge! (Ph
« Reply #81 on: October 05, 2010, 12:29:39 pm »
Quote from: "Saint"
the riddles are easy however the numbe puzzles I have no clue as to how to do them.  I haven't been involved in the making of this from the begining so its all new to me. It took me half of a day trying to figure out that cypher bit on google.  Maybe I'm missing some information that would have made it easier.

Listen to the clues of the puzzle. A.P. stresses certain words. All that you need to solve the puzzle is said in his one sentence.

Offline Saint

• Angelic Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challenge!
« Reply #82 on: October 05, 2010, 12:47:42 pm »
(1)IE- I clicked on Tell me where Im at now! and it pulled up the moon background but when he got done talking, it faded out and there wasnt any dialogue at the bottom. glitch?

(2)Also that was the first time I had seen the moon background show up.. before that it was just dark. (update) This time I saw more of the moon clip which started by seeing serveral planets or moons and then zoomed in on the moon serface, however this was the first time I had see this and it was my 4th or 5th time through, previously it was either white or black and only showed the zoomed in view with the flashing red location light.

(3)Now after all this I tried to restart the whole thing and the loading bar is just froze at 100% and wont proceed.
update: I erased my temp internet files and retried..  it loaded up this time..  wierd, second attempt it worked.

(4)..when the AP was talking about angels,  the angel in the background that I think was suppose to show up only flashed and then was gone... I could barely tell what it was.. (repeatable)

(5)ok another bug,
after the AP gets the cell call from T,  the AP starts the Video or sound file, Im not sure which because I can only hear T talking about choosing, however its being played at the same time as the AP is talking about making a choice..  So I could hardly make out what each was saying until the AP was finished talking then it was just T.  However I never saw anything, and Im assuming I should since T said if your watching this....
On second attempt the video attempted to start, the back screen darkened like it was going to play a video, then the Ap came back on and said his good bye, while Tbones video audio was playing in the background. (Repeatable)

(6)Next bug,
When Im choosing my poison, I only see the light saber, ok if thats all there is but the bug comes into play thus: when I run my mouse over it a couple of times it highlights the choice however after a couple of times it just disapears and there is no choice and no way to advance the AP

(7) This must not work with IE very well huh?  After stating that I would like to ascend the Ap said one more memory scan, however it just froze and no more text appeared on the screen. I begane to click wildly after a bit and must have clicked on something that I couldnt see and it said you should make your choice soon..   so some sort of bug there.

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 05, 2010, 01:27:47 pm »
I finished the MxO challenge in 3 days when I was 13... I'm 19 now and I'm stuck on the first riddle. I don't know how frank we're being on this thread. Though I know its only members reading this, I wouldn't want to spoil it for anyone... All I'm saying is I've been trying different ways of decrypting the random letters at the bottom of the transmission, and I feel like I'm working way too hard on this.

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 05, 2010, 01:39:57 pm »
Is this happening in both Firefox and IE, the movie loading issue?

And there's no such thing as "too hard", as long as everything makes sense, which I think it does. Eventually the answers will be posted somewhere and we won't be able to do anything about it, so anyone who really wants to get through it will be able to. We need to retain that element of suspense for as long as we can.

So..

-movies are still loading incorrectly, confirmed in Firefox and IE. Often times it starts at the end of the movie (the Angel video only shows the end where the lightsaber is drawn). This also sometimes causes the text not to load.
-after having the movie loading bug, refreshing can cause the loading bar to get stuck at 100%

Is anyone having trouble loading text anywhere else besides right after a movie is supposed to play? With the "moon background" that's shown, do you see all of the moons and see it zoom in to one and then show a terrain with a flashing light? Or are you only seeing the flash of one moon?

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 05, 2010, 01:54:41 pm »
Shit, I forgot to update the link for Part 2. Please please try Part 2 again. The correct link is here:

http://jwnettesheim.startlogic.com/FASWTORChallenge/Phase4-beta-8.html

Hopefully this newest version fixes some of your issues.

Offline NoCry

• Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 05, 2010, 02:05:04 pm »
T - on new version you posted beta 8 - I put in the correct answer to first riddle and nothing happens. the text box disappears but that is it.

Offline Tbone

• FA FOUNDER
  • Administrator
  • Probably Rifting
    • View Profile
Re: Beta Test Our Challe
« Reply #87 on: October 05, 2010, 02:10:52 pm »
Quote from: "NoCry"
T - on new version you posted beta 8 - I put in the correct answer to first riddle and nothing happens. the text box disappears but that is it.

Hmm, ok. I just tried it and it worked fine for me. What browser/OS are you using?

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 05, 2010, 02:13:00 pm »
After answering the AI's riddle and asking him where you are he launches into his definition of Iego and the movie in the background is extremely slow and choppy. I'm not sure if it's supposed to be or not. After it dims in the background I have no more conversation options and I'm left clicking around randomly. More apt to chalk it up to a glitch than assume it's part of the test, since I've never seen the Furious Angels resort to, "Yeah, make them click randomly until they find the hidden link, lolz."

On Chrome in Windows 7, btw. (And still stuck on the access code in phase 1, the cypher is driving me nuts.)

Formerly WhiteMyst.

Offline Shirokumo

• Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 05, 2010, 02:16:03 pm »
After simply refreshing the page, and doing it again, the video sped up to proper speed, and I have the dialog options I didn't before. Odd...

Formerly WhiteMyst.

* Discord

Calendar

May 2024
Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
[19] 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

No calendar events were found.

* Who's Online